A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

I have some fault codes and an engine light car stalled turned off

Old 09-06-2015, 04:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default I have some fault codes and an engine light car stalled turned off

air intake flow too low p307a short with ground intermittent.

Map/maf throttle position correlation P0068 short with power intermittent

Low pressure fuel regulation fuel pressure outside p310b short with power intermittent

P0068
Manifold absolute pressure/mass air flow throttle position correlation

These are the codes I have My car stalled in D when I was driving and turned off on me then the next day when I started it and and put it in R moving out the parking spot the car started to turn off but it didn't and shifting it to N it turned off. I'm thinking its carbon deposits and fuel filter I am going to change the fuel filter and then carbon clean the engine and throttle body. Would appreciate any advice.

All the codes from snap on

advance auto part scanning tool

advance auto parts tool

Last edited by saifxnyc; 09-06-2015 at 04:55 PM.
Old 09-07-2015, 05:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would start with cleaning the throttle body, clearing the codes and then throttle body adaptation and see what happens. Check the intake screen as well and clean if dirty.
Old 09-07-2015, 10:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Trekie
I would start with cleaning the throttle body, clearing the codes and then throttle body adaptation and see what happens. Check the intake screen as well and clean if dirty.
The first thing I did was take apart my snow screen my air filter check my cabin filter and I will get the throttlebody some point this week and I have someone to do it I cant take that stuff apart myself. How much does an average carbon cleaning cost at the dealer does anybody know ?
Old 09-08-2015, 12:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thinking about carbon cleaning is premature at this point. If throttle body cleaning and adaptation doesn't solve your issue then pull the codes again and see what pops up. Don't forget to clear the codes before you do the adaptation.

Originally Posted by saifxnyc
The first thing I did was take apart my snow screen my air filter check my cabin filter and I will get the throttlebody some point this week and I have someone to do it I cant take that stuff apart myself. How much does an average carbon cleaning cost at the dealer does anybody know ?
Old 09-08-2015, 03:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Trekie
Thinking about carbon cleaning is premature at this point. If throttle body cleaning and adaptation doesn't solve your issue then pull the codes again and see what pops up. Don't forget to clear the codes before you do the adaptation.
I will take your advice on that and have the throttle body cleaned does anyone have a good write up the throttle body cleaning and adaption. I am just curious what is adaption and I am sure the mechanic knows this stuff I just wanted to know for my self. And someone on another forum posted it could be the fuel pump needing replacement any way to test that? I am going to change to fuel filter on the car this weekend hopefully.

Last edited by saifxnyc; 09-08-2015 at 03:57 PM.
Old 09-10-2015, 05:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Here is the link to the thread on how to clean and adaptation.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-...fixed-2784013/
Old 09-21-2015, 01:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

After changing the fuel filter this weekend along with cleaning the throttle body. The engine light turned off on it's own. I did not have to do anything. I still cleared all the codes and re adapted the throttle body. After driving it for about 15 mins the engine light came back on. I was low on gas my please refuel light came on 15 miles later. I filled it up drove around this morning the engine light was gone. I still checked it with the code reader and it said the low pressure for fuel. I cleared that code. It has been 24 hours since the job. The car still started a bit rough and if the code shows back up again i will repost it. For now i am going to carbon cleaned it and seal the engines this weekend if i can get some time. No codes no engine light so far.

Edited
Day 2 car has this code

Which fuel pump do i need to change low pressure ?

The shop is trying to rip me off he says i need a high pressure fuel pump i told them other wise i don't think so. Can you guys help me out let me know what should i do in the mean time i will do some more searching on the code. The car just stalls power doesn't cut off but it won't go if i give it gas in Drive did it twice today. Rough starts too.

Last edited by saifxnyc; 09-22-2015 at 04:55 PM.
Old 09-22-2015, 10:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

I am most likely going the route of changing the high pressure fuel pump...
Old 11-28-2015, 10:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by saifxnyc
I am most likely going the route of changing the high pressure fuel pump...
Did this help?
Old 11-30-2015, 12:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by vinnybuffone
Did this help?
No sir.. it was the low pressure fuel sensor. It resolved the issue it was a $80 fix parts labor included. This is the part its very easy to replace a piece of cake i drove the car 3500 miles since and it's fine no check engine lights or anything.
if you have a c6 this is located to the left of the engine passenger side on the fuel railing.

G410 Low Pressure Fuel Pressure Sensor - 06E 906 051K

that solved it sorry for the broken grammar at college writing mla style papers with research papers for finals. I am suppose to be doing that right now but i took a break!