A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Lookin for KEVIN GARY

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 11:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lookin for KEVIN GARY

Hi,
Could you send me the TSB for malfunction parking brake. My MY05 just got this prob today. I was driving, everything is normal and then randomly the ABS light is on electronic stability is off and parking brakemalfunction shows up on the display. I can turn all that off by shutting the car off and restart it again but the eventually the whole thing shows up a again as I drive. I hope it isn't something major.
Thank you
Old 10-11-2009, 07:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Parking brake TSB attached. Hope this helps. The dealer replaced my control module since they were getting errors when they tried to upgrade the software.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

DId your car's ABS and some funky picture of the car skidding went off when this happens? Everytime I start the car, everything will be fine but after driving for a little bit, ABS light on, skidding indicator on (i think ESP is off and that's why) then the center display says parking brake malfunction. I hope this is software related.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

skidding indicator is ESP. Sounds like a 'Parking brake control module' issue to me. Are you still under warranty?

I didn't experience the problem you mentioned.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by am_ver
skidding indicator is ESP. Sounds like a 'Parking brake control module' issue to me. Are you still under warranty?

I didn't experience the problem you mentioned.
Is there another TSB for that? skidding indicator, ABS are all on. that's so weird. I used the computer to pull code off from the car. it's "parking brake error code intermitent". I have no idea what it's.
Old 10-12-2009, 01:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 873 Likes on 714 Posts

I see that Am Ver provided you with the TSB that I sent him a while back. If you need anything further just let me know.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:38 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

No.. I downloaded this TSB directly from erWin site. refer to the site and the date at the bottom of the pdf file.

Originally Posted by KevinGary
I see that Am Ver provided you with the TSB that I sent him a while back. If you need anything further just let me know.
Old 10-13-2009, 03:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 873 Likes on 714 Posts

Originally Posted by am_ver
No.. I downloaded this TSB directly from erWin site. refer to the site and the date at the bottom of the pdf file.
I stand corrected and you have way too much time on your hands if you feel the need to correct such an innocent mistake. I guess you found the TSB after you sent me a PM asking for it.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by KevinGary
I stand corrected and you have way too much time on your hands if you feel the need to correct such an innocent mistake. I guess you found the TSB after you sent me a PM asking for it.
???

Crabby pot calling the kettle black? LOL, jeez lighten up.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh come now guys. Kevin is a great guy. He has helped a number of us, me included, numerous times and over at least 2 forums. The man is a great asset to all of us. A man with that much knoweladge, and willingness to help is hard to come by.

Quick Reply: Lookin for KEVIN GARY