A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

MMI 2G Software Update

Old 02-03-2015, 04:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sumba
Hello, I currently have an 08 A6 S-line with the following MMI version and wondering if it is advisable to upgrade to the version listed above (CD2)? Thanks for your advice.
My 08 A6 S-line had the identical software version. Please let me know if the upgrade is successful. I will do mine after your confirmation. Thanks.
Old 02-03-2015, 06:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by westyjeff
Has anyone gotten these image files to work? I have tried multiple times and it always says "Meta File Missing" or something like that.

Thanks
Just to be clear, you CANNOT just burn the .iso file to a disc as a single file. You need to burn the .iso file to the CD-R correctly as if it was multiple files.

Check this link out for some insight:

Burn a CD or DVD from an ISO file
Old 02-04-2015, 06:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Getting an error while trying to burn the ISO file.
Old 02-04-2015, 11:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ingelstrada

Getting an error while trying to burn the ISO file.
Maybe try a different Image Burner? I had no issues using the .iso file to update my MMI.
Old 02-04-2015, 02:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Burn at the slowest speed as possible. When you leave it on auto or the high speeds you running chance of errors. On music CD it may not be a problem but on programming files if the checksum is off the disk will be rejected as invalid.
Old 02-04-2015, 05:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by haloguy628
Burn at the slowest speed as possible. When you leave it on auto or the high speeds you running chance of errors. On music CD it may not be a problem but on programming files if the checksum is off the disk will be rejected as invalid.
google the free software for imgburn. It is the best. If you still have issue, the iso file may be bad.
Old 02-04-2015, 05:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by first.octopus
google the free software for imgburn. It is the best. If you still have issue, the iso file may be bad.
I am talking hardware. Set the burner on the lowest speed. I.e. select 1x instead of leaving it at 24x burning speed. Also use quality CD-Rs from established manufacturers like Taiyo Yuden.
Old 02-04-2015, 07:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by haloguy628
I am talking hardware. Set the burner on the lowest speed. I.e. select 1x instead of leaving it at 24x burning speed. Also use quality CD-Rs from established manufacturers like Taiyo Yuden.
Using ImgBurn and setting it to 2x instead of max worked for me. Thanks very much!
Old 02-05-2015, 08:50 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by raj99
just to be clear, please be aware that should you do the update incorrectly and have an issue during the update, there is the chance that you brick your MMI. you should THOROUGHLY read up on the update and also have a battery tender to ensure you have continuity of power during the update.
Used ImgBurn and made the CD. As you say, I will try to find and read the "update" thread THOROUGHLY before I attempt anything. I am not too "fluent" with technology and would rather stay with what I have that work rather than screw it up. Also, don't have a "battery tender" so that's added complications for me :-(

Cheers
Old 02-05-2015, 01:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

ImgBurn works but it will install two malware products. Use msconfig to disable the startup of the Web Companion after you uninstall them through the Control Panel.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: MMI 2G Software Update