A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

MMI 2G Software Update

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2015, 01:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sumba
Used ImgBurn and made the CD. As you say, I will try to find and read the "update" thread THOROUGHLY before I attempt anything. I am not too "fluent" with technology and would rather stay with what I have that work rather than screw it up. Also, don't have a "battery tender" so that's added complications for me :-(

Cheers
Here's couple of pointers.

If you have weak battery and don't have battery tender leave the car running.

You really can't brick the MMI, but if you don't follow the instructions regarding running the Disc-1 first and updating the Bluetooth module before using the Disk-2 to update the MMI, you will brick the Bluetooth module if the BT software and firmware are mismatched.

Read this TSB instruction for update to 46.10.

Good luck.
The following users liked this post:
das60 (02-27-2024)
Old 02-05-2015, 06:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ingelstrada
ImgBurn works but it will install two malware products. Use msconfig to disable the startup of the Web Companion after you uninstall them through the Control Panel.
the only way the dev people got paid by adding adware. But you can optout the adware during the installation. Just read the term carefully and select the appropriate option.

I installed many times without installing the adware.
Old 02-16-2015, 07:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

So after doing this, i'm getting the telephone not installed from MMI and VCDS cannot open the module. My MMI and everything works fine still, but Im assuming the bluetooth module is bricked, but thats ok as i don't use it anyways. Just be careful when installing this people. I ran both CD's twice and it says no more updates are available so I'm assuming its not the same problem as the OP had with his bluetooth and had to use the update disk again.

One thing i have a question about though. I read somewhere that there's a way to get the fan and temperature controls to appear on the MMI screen after this update, i just forgot where. Im wondering if anyone knew how to get it back. Its especially annoying that setup doesn't even bring anything up on the MMI screen anymore so I can't make the two sides sync.
Old 02-16-2015, 09:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FormulaElement
So after doing this, i'm getting the telephone not installed from MMI and VCDS cannot open the module. My MMI and everything works fine still, but Im assuming the bluetooth module is bricked, but thats ok as i don't use it anyways. Just be careful when installing this people. I ran both CD's twice and it says no more updates are available so I'm assuming its not the same problem as the OP had with his bluetooth and had to use the update disk again.

One thing i have a question about though. I read somewhere that there's a way to get the fan and temperature controls to appear on the MMI screen after this update, i just forgot where. Im wondering if anyone knew how to get it back. Its especially annoying that setup doesn't even bring anything up on the MMI screen anymore so I can't make the two sides sync.
When you press SETUP on the HVAC panel nothing comes up on the nav screen?
Old 02-16-2015, 10:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by haloguy628
When you press SETUP on the HVAC panel nothing comes up on the nav screen?
Nope....

Not sure how it bricked my bluetooth though, I follow the TSB step by step...

Im assuming something got messed up when i updated. I just hope there a way to re-flash the software or downgrade now. I don't want to be stuck with my center vents on hot all summer haha.... I will have to just close them

Last edited by FormulaElement; 02-16-2015 at 11:40 PM.
Old 02-16-2015, 10:57 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

Have you tried taking off the negative cable on the battery, letting it sit and then re-attaching it after about 5-10 mins. Then try re-running the setup. If that doesn't work, I believe I have a version of the older MMI s/w: 4F0906961AB. But I have no idea what could happen when you downgrade the MMI.

LMK what I can do to help...since not having hvac really would be poor.
Old 02-17-2015, 07:42 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I did the update, I too received the telephone not installed message. I just installed the bluetooth disk again and all was corrected.

As far as the HVAC on the screen, my car had the HVAC controls appear on the screen even on the older software.
Old 02-17-2015, 08:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I will try taking the battery cable off for a bit and if it doesn't work I will try putting the disks in again after to see if it shows any update that could be applied. It doesn't as of right now though.

My HVAC still works it just doesn't show and controls on the MMI screen and I can't access the setup menu by pressing the button.
Before the update all the controls and setup did show up on the MMI screen.

I read on this forum a while ago that updating the MMI will get rid of HVAC controls showing up on the screen but it i never heard about the setup menu stop showing up. There was something you could switch with VCDS that made them come back though. Will dig a little.
Old 02-17-2015, 01:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Alright, took the battery cable off for a while then put it back on. Didn't seem to help the HVAC controls to show up but i did put in the bluetooth CD again and it showed a update. It updated from 0 to 1130 (again). It did this before but I don't know why it was showing as no updates available until I took the battery cable off for a bit. It now shows up as installed.

As far as the HVAC controls showing on the MMI screen went, I looked online and found a thread on AZ and SinCity had the same thing happen to him. Anyways you have to enable the hidden menu in the MMI or dig around VCDS and enable 'Air Condition'. That will make the controls show up on the MMI screen again. All is well again!
Old 02-17-2015, 01:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

congrats!

Quick Reply: MMI 2G Software Update