A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

New C6.5 guy - Feed me tons of info

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 08:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had seen the main list before. Seemed like we don't have a lot to do.

While I'm waiting on manuals. Can you guys give me a quick idea of the 1 and 2 that have mpg and miles on the cluster.
Old 05-06-2015, 12:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Looks like it has the heated, auto dimming mirrors. woohooo
Old 05-06-2015, 01:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the club Bill. Here is link to ETKA which is the parts catalog. It is divided to regional parts so you should look for the front sensors in Europe section.

Audi ETKA
Old 05-06-2015, 04:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Halo.. give me more info. Was that a Europe only feature? Do you know if I can add it with VCDS or would need dealer programming? This isn't anything I'll be doing soon, and would probably try to find it at a JY. But hey.. on my Regal and Bonne, I did add a few things and made them appear stock. These would be stock items and just adding on to make the car have nearly 100% of the possible options.

This switch was not there originally
Name:  IMG_1033.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  33.7 KB

Only one of these was produced at the factory.
Name:  IMG_0993.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  64.9 KB

I'm well versed with wiring diagrams and making anything I really want. I've added a heads up display to about 10 cars. Homelink to a bunch more, heated seats, blinkers behind mirrors (even if they were heated). Done enough motor/trans swaps that I'm not concerned about owning an Audi which most say are difficult to work on. I say.. learn your vehicle and it'll be easy to work on. GM 4T65's were to the point that I could build that transmission w/o the manual. I'm happy to have a trans that should be able to hold up to nearly anything I can throw at it. And yes... I'm already looking at dropping the pulley and getting a tune when the time is right.

Afterall.. Boost is in my name.

Here's a little vid (I didn't name it.. lol) of a Bonneville I had before I went crazy and did a lot more work to it.

I'd say.. within a year I'll be comfy with the Audi platform and ready to mod.
Old 05-06-2015, 05:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Oh... one of the remotes I was giving does zippo. I figure being 5 years old, it's battery is shot. Is this an easy replace or does it require a dealer?
Old 05-06-2015, 07:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The front sensors were offered in Europe but not here. Why? Probably to cut costs as we do get the cars here for considerably less money. I did not look into retrofit myself, but you probably will need the sensors and the wiring loom. You will also most likely be able to code it in VAG.

Retrofit of parking sensors A6

Here's one thread it's discussed and gives some how tos

OEM parts from Kufatec Germany

Last edited by haloguy628; 05-06-2015 at 07:14 PM.
Old 05-12-2015, 01:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks again and again for all the great info.

The owners manuals arrived and yes...I read through them. Found a few things I didn't realize, a few options i wish it had and more info on little things. Like the fuse location for the front CIG lighter/power outlet.

Found out about the lock button on the handle (and forgot to lock it...brb lol). Fixed that fuse and the top of the MMI ****. If you notice in the picture I posted it was broken.

Into week two of ownership and the car is great. Wish I had picked one up sooner. I'm wondering what top speed Audi programmed the limiter at. Tires are rated for 130mph, thinking it is likely in VAGCOM.

Anyhow.. Have a good one. Work is calling
Old 05-13-2015, 04:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Updating you folks on stuff that you helped make happen.

-The WeatherTech mats and cargo liner came in. Amazing as always.
-Received the owners manuals, read them cover to cover in one night. Learned a lot and fixed the front cig socket upon seeing the fuse location.
-I had buffed a scratch off the DS tail and decided to buff up the PS as well. It moved a lot. Found the stud broken off the light. JB welded it back on.
- Got a new top to the MMI ****. Prior owner apparently broke it and glued it back in place.

Washed it up a couple of times and can't wait until I have a day to spend with the buffer and some clay etc.

Next week it gets tinted up with a quality Llumar 35%.

I'm looking up brakes as the rotors feel lightly warped. I have no patience for bad rotors and pads.

Loving the car.
Old 05-14-2015, 08:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by BillBoost37
Hi guys,

Picked up a 2010 C6 this weekend with 95K on the clock.
Awesome looking car. These are definitely timeless beauties. Great Choice!
Congrats!
Old 05-15-2015, 12:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

You too. I see you ordered manuals. A set arrived here middle of the week and now I can work the rest of the car!

Quick Reply: New C6.5 guy - Feed me tons of info