A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

P008A Code

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 10:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default P008A Code

Does any one know what this could be i can't find anything on it and before i go ahead and replace a high pressure fuel pump i want to try out the most financially feasible route. I do have warranty on the car on those parts.
This is whats covered.

Fuel delivery pump
Fuel injection pump
Fuel pressure regulator
Fuel sending unit

If you guys have any ideas what is causing this other than those listed things, I would be happy to hear about it.

Old 10-03-2015, 10:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

This is what the mechanic told me he tested it and the pressure was at 4.0 for the low pressure fuel pump and he says i also need control module for the fuel pump. He determined all of this from the code using some snap-on tool he put on it. I don't trust this guy at all i don't have many options its the dealer or him.

Here is what i know so far he says it is the low pressure fuel pump along withe the module.
My question is where is this fuel pump? where is the high pressure fuel pump? Do i really need a module or this guy just trying his best to rip me off here!

This is the module
https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/aud...vag-4f0906093h
And i am not sure i am asking if this is the fuel pump?

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/aud...vag-4f0919087f
Please guys help me out i can't find a good shop any where in Pittsburgh who aren't thieves. I am getting screwed i can't even get a straight answer from the shop they are pissing me off i been down there like 3 times and they aren't able little or no help they just want my $. If someone can tell me which fuel pump to replace where is it located would be a great help. Any help would be gladly appreciated i am a college student with student loans and bills i can't afford this every other month. AUDIs fun to drive but always bitch to repair something always going wrong!
Old 10-04-2015, 02:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by saifxnyc
This is what the mechanic told me he tested it and the pressure was at 4.0 for the low pressure fuel pump and he says i also need control module for the fuel pump. He determined all of this from the code using some snap-on tool he put on it. I don't trust this guy at all i don't have many options its the dealer or him.

Here is what i know so far he says it is the low pressure fuel pump along withe the module.
My question is where is this fuel pump? where is the high pressure fuel pump? Do i really need a module or this guy just trying his best to rip me off here!

This is the module
https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/aud...vag-4f0906093h
And i am not sure i am asking if this is the fuel pump?

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/aud...vag-4f0919087f
Please guys help me out i can't find a good shop any where in Pittsburgh who aren't thieves. I am getting screwed i can't even get a straight answer from the shop they are pissing me off i been down there like 3 times and they aren't able little or no help they just want my $. If someone can tell me which fuel pump to replace where is it located would be a great help. Any help would be gladly appreciated i am a college student with student loans and bills i can't afford this every other month. AUDIs fun to drive but always bitch to repair something always going wrong!
The fuel pump is located in the gas tank, access to it is under the rear seat. If i remember correctly there is panel you have to remove and there is a video somewhere , I just can't find it. ~$250-300. It should not be that difficult to replace. I don't think you need to replace high pressure pump, which is on top on the engine.

Last edited by roylok; 10-05-2015 at 12:07 PM.
Old 10-05-2015, 12:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

So is that the right part ? And do I need a module thanks Roy
Old 10-05-2015, 06:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by saifxnyc
So is that the right part ? And do I need a module thanks Roy
I couldn't possibly tell you whether you need the module or not. You need to have a VCDS scanner , if you can't afford one , see if you can find someone near you who can help. Otherwise you are just relying on people's guesses and throwing parts at the problem is going to get really expensive. If the fuel pump was tested and is not supplying enough pressure, I'd start with that (you replaced the fuse right?) Hold off on the module.

Good luck!
Edit: Fuel Pump 4F0919087F is the correct one.

Last edited by roylok; 10-05-2015 at 12:08 PM.
Old 10-05-2015, 11:58 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by roylok
I couldn't possibly tell you whether you need the module or not. You need to have a VCDS scanner , if you can't afford one , see if you can find someone near you who can help. Otherwise you are just relying on people's guesses and throwing parts at the problem is going to get really expensive. If the fuel pump was tested and is not supplying enough pressure, I'd start with that (you replaced the fuse right?) Hold off on the module.

Good luck!
I mentioned this on Audizine(OP posted the same thread there) and said that he is just shooting into the dark without a proper VCDS scan. Also, fuel pressure issues could be HPFP related as well.
Old 10-05-2015, 04:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by c@@kiemonsta
I mentioned this on Audizine(OP posted the same thread there) and said that he is just shooting into the dark without a proper VCDS scan. Also, fuel pressure issues could be HPFP related as well.
I don't have a choice... i don't know anyone there isn't a good reliable foreign car repair shop anywhere that i know of here. I'm going to get properly diagnosed this is what the mechanic told me obviously he's misleading me to rip me off I'm considering just go to dealer ship and just pay them $100 for diagnostics. This guy works at the same dealer ship for over 15 years and this is his best response to the situation. I'll get a vcds scan or take it to the dealer. Till then I'll just drive it because I don't have any other option. Thank you guys I'll post back an update whenever I get this resolved. For all i know it could just be as simple fix as a sensor throwing codes... Any how i will make sure i geta proper VCDS scan if i can't get one ill just have to go to the dealer i don't have many options in Pittsburgh, PA i am not even from around here.. Don't know many people. But i greatly appreciate every single comment and advice thank you. I will make sure i update this with a proper diagnostic from AUDI or a VCDS. Thank you very much

PS. roy which fuse are you referring to that i should have replaced? I just changed the fuel filter following the 55k guide and i took out the fuse to depressurize the fuel system. Thanks again.

Last edited by saifxnyc; 10-05-2015 at 08:11 PM.
Old 10-09-2015, 10:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

I got a VCDS scan found someone in the Pittsburgh area he also recommended me a good shop. So good they're backed up i gotta made an appointment This is the scan

also it had some old fault codes in the car i am assuming they were from cleaning the throttle body and the engine did knock a bit when it started after the cleaning but it idled smooth afterwards. Unless they are still there after i replace the LPFP located inside the fuel tank i am not going to worry about it.

the extra faults

This is the fuel pump in the trunk behind closer to the rear seats. Pretty sure it is but the shop would know better

adult image upload
Thank you guys i will report back with in a week or so once i get the car fixed... Let you know if it solved the problem.

Last edited by saifxnyc; 10-09-2015 at 10:51 AM.
Old 10-16-2015, 08:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Found an honest mechanic and he suggested it could be the sensor. And today i he changed it at 111600 miles and i have drive about 30 plus miles without any issue car responds better and the mileage has noticeably seems better.

This is the part he replaced

After replacing the fuel sensor and clearing the engine light at 111600 miles there is no light

I keep my fingers crossed and am very happy found a real Audi master mechanic in Pittsburgh.
The place i went is Pete's European Techniques. It's on stoops ferry rd by the airport if anyone ever needs a good honest mechanic in Pittsburgh!
Old 10-20-2015, 11:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Update carbon cleaning

Update... did carbon cleaning on the engine and ran a can a sea foam after words. Car starts a lot better and drives less restricted. Noticed that both valves are leaking driver side externally and passenger side internally in one spark plug chamber. Any good part place for these valve cover gaskets?.. Here are some pics from the cleaning Still no engine light!

[wrench][wrench][wrench]