A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Parking Brake Malfunction

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 09:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mystrodo
Where can we find the TSB's on the net for the C6..obviously Kevin has a source, maybe we can set up a place just for TSB files?
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...php?p=22529554
Old 09-03-2009, 03:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 873 Likes on 714 Posts

Where can we find the TSB's on the net for the C6..obviously Kevin has a source, maybe we can set up a place just for TSB files?
The real source is the Erwin website. The US government requires each auto manufacturer to make their "TSBs" available on line as they are issued. Audi does it through Erwin, which is a subscription site. It costs $1,100 per year. The forum sites that have the TSBs are usually out of date because they are counting on people like me to forward the TSBs that I get from the official site.
Old 09-06-2009, 03:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

KevinGary deserves a huge THANK YOU for his contributions and help in this forum.

One added suggestion I found regarding the Parking Brake, to set the parking brake properly, the car should be *in gear..you'll feel it set *then put it in Park..this is also in the manual. Now whether this will help stop issues which seem fairly rare I can't answer but it is the correct way to use the electronic parking brake according to Audi, I know allot of Audi owners who don't do this.
Old 09-06-2009, 09:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same issue..."Parking Brake Malfunction" warning yet the brake works fine (no locking). The SA tells me it is the computer thinking there is a problem and they need to replace that "module" for $950, even though I never have or will use the parking brake nor is it malfunctioning...so basically paying nearly $1000 just to get rid of the annoying warning light...

I personally haven't gotten it fixed for the last 6 months as it isn't necessary...but it really bugs me that I'm out of warranty and will ultimately have to pay for this whenever I get around to selling my car...

For those that are having their cars truly "freeze" or "lock" this is not what I am experiencing, nor do I believe was the initial poster...
Old 09-07-2009, 05:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

KevinGary deserves a huge THANK YOU for his contributions and help in this forum.
Just trying to help with my four and a half years of ownership and being one of the original guinea pigs for the electrical issues wth these cars.
The following users liked this post:
Hazir (04-07-2020)
Old 06-16-2010, 01:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Kevin, I PMd you for the TSB. Thanks for you time.

My parking brake works fine, but the malfunction light is on.

Nick
Old 06-16-2010, 04:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by ncarvain

Nick
I had that issue when my rear pads were replaced. The guy (mechanic) said he let the battery get drained overnight, recycled the codes and the error went away.
Old 06-17-2010, 01:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by ncarvain

Nick
I e-mailed you the TSB. For future refernce there is a link to my TSB library in my signature.
Old 06-27-2010, 12:53 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Ive had the same issue with my 05 c6 3.2. However there is an annoying continuous tone as well. What options are available for clearing that tone?.Ive tried disconnecting the battery but that did not help
Old 06-29-2010, 04:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by PhatElvis
Ive had the same issue with my 05 c6 3.2. However there is an annoying continuous tone as well. What options are available for clearing that tone?.Ive tried disconnecting the battery but that did not help
You need a vagcom

Quick Reply: Parking Brake Malfunction