A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

passenger seat teardown?

Old 12-22-2014, 10:28 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default passenger seat teardown?

Does anyone know how to remove, and take apart the passenger seat? I want to replace the reclining motor in my passenger seat. I looked but could not find a write up or video. I have an '06 with the bucket seats.
Old 12-22-2014, 04:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

To remove your seat from the car, you have to lift it the highest you can. Back it up the most you can. Remove the black plastic cap over both rail on the front. Now you have acces to two triple square bolt. Remove it. Now advance it the more you can. Remove both plastic cap on each rail at the back and you will see two triple square screw. Remove it. From there, your seat is free but you must unplug it before. There a black plastic cover on the floor. Lift it and remove it. This protect all the electrical plug for your seat. The green and the orange are for the heated seat and the electric adjustement. The yellow one are the one you must be aware of. This one bring the electricity to the air bag in the seat. You must be sure you don't carry static electricity because if you make a spark when you remove the yellow plug you can trigger the air bag in that seat. So this could hurt you and scrap your seat... So touch the latch or any ground on the car to discharge yourself from any static electricity remaining before removing this connector. Oh I forgot unplug your battery too before unpluging all thoses connector. For removing all of the leather on your seat well I never been that far for now but I'm pretty sure the first part you have to remove is the back part with the net over... If I can recommend you something, if you plan making a lot more than just changing the oil in your car, invest in a good bentley manual, they provide a lot of info on how to do thoses things in our car...
Old 12-23-2014, 01:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by joe the god
Does anyone know how to remove, and take apart the passenger seat? I want to replace the reclining motor in my passenger seat. I looked but could not find a write up or video. I have an '06 with the bucket seats.
This video may help -
Old 12-23-2014, 09:02 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I for some odd reason, cannot view that video. I have been trying to view it for a week now. They are actually the people I am going to buy the motors from. I tried to view it on my Note 4 and My Macbook. It seems like it would really help me out.
Old 12-23-2014, 12:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I for some odd reason, cannot view that video. I have been trying to view it for a week now. They are actually the people I am going to buy the motors from. I tried to view it on my Note 4 and My Macbook. It seems like it would really help me out.
No problem on windows laptop.

Do you know anyone that can let you view it?
Old 12-23-2014, 02:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

video works fine here also...
run it through youtube app..and not on web explorer might work better for you...should atleast work on your Andriod note..
cheers/H
Old 12-24-2014, 07:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

On the macbook, you will have to download flash and install on the macbook.