A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Question on Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 07:11 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question on Brakes

Has anyone done a brake swap on their C6? I see alot of the b8 s4 people swap out their brakes for rs5 brake kit. Im wondering if it is possible to swap to the rs5 or rs6 brakes or s6 brakes? Has anyone done it?
Old 06-26-2014, 08:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by dluxxx
Has anyone done a brake swap on their C6? I see alot of the b8 s4 people swap out their brakes for rs5 brake kit. Im wondering if it is possible to swap to the rs5 or rs6 brakes or s6 brakes? Has anyone done it?
There was a guy here who did some 'upgrades' I believe with Porsche brakes...take a look at a search.

The brakes/rotors on a 4.2 are pretty huge to start with so not sure what i'd gain by doing the 'upgrade'. Remember, when you do any type of rotor change, be sure to check for clearance issues with your wheels...I know it may sounds obvious, but I personally know of one person who did just that and then was somewhat annoyed for having to by new wheels... c'est la vie
Old 07-02-2014, 12:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

you can swap the C6 S6 brakes with ease but 19 inch wheels are probably required. Not a problem unless you run a dedicated set of wheels with snow tires and take your 20's off for the winter. The fella Raj may be referring to is/was adapting the Toureg/Cayenne/Q7 calipers to a C6 but he also went with a slightly different rotor size to compensate for the backspacing. I would expect that setup to generate a lot more heat/friction which I guess will translate into more braking force since the pad will be in contact with a greater amount of surface area on the same diameter rotor. All the parts he mentioned could easily be sourced. The tough part would be fabricating a set a carriers for the new caliper.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2859461
Old 07-02-2014, 01:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

you can swap the C6 S6 brakes with ease but 19 inch wheels are probably required. Not a problem unless you run a dedicated set of wheels with snow tires and take your 20's off for the winter. The fella Raj may be referring to is/was adapting the Toureg/Cayenne/Q7 calipers to a C6 but he also went with a slightly different rotor size to compensate for the backspacing. I would expect that setup to generate a lot more heat/friction which I guess will translate into more braking force since the pad will be in contact with a greater amount of surface area on the same diameter rotor. All the parts he mentioned could easily be sourced. The tough part would be fabricating a set a carriers for the new caliper.

Old 07-10-2014, 12:38 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by The_Mizarc

Exactly what I was looking for. But looks like he hasn't been updating the status. Just getting ideas on what can put put on to our c6.5s in terms of other or calipers.
Old 07-18-2014, 07:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by dluxxx
Exactly what I was looking for.
Same here. I had held off on BBKs because I use my original 18s with dedicated snow tires. Most BBKs require 20s. I wouldn't dare run 20s and summer tires in the winter.
Old 05-23-2015, 11:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Hi, without creating a new topic i will post my brakes question there too

I changed brake pads on my S6 5.2 (C6) and workshop worker said i need to change my rotors too very soon. Inspected it and yes, he is right.

The stock S6 rotors are blank type and 385mm X 36mm dimensions. So i been searching on ebay and found out the RS6 brake rotors are prety close by dimensions- they are 390mm X 36mm. So only 5mm difference in diameter. AND THEY LOOK SOOOOOOOO MUCH BETTER!!! I WANT THEM! so the big question- can they be mounted on S6 without any aditional modifications and other parts change? Can i leave my S6 calipers and S6 brake pads?