Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A6 / S6 / RS 6 > A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007-present

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-26-2014, 04:50 PM   #1
Audiworld Senior Member
Account #: 102356

Default Radio turning on by itself

Well, this is new this week. 5 times the radio came on by itself this week, usually when I was hitting the call disconnect key on the steering wheel. MMI software is current as of last October when the Amp was replaced. Anyone have problem with the steering wheel controls?
55 Mercury Montclair (yes a 6 volt system), 59 Olds 88, 63 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible,67 GTO 400/360HO,70 Corvette 454 Convertible (wife made me sell it,)68 Corvette 350 T-Top (wife made me sell it), 67 Olds Cutlass, 74 Pontiac Grand Am (Dog), 80 Oldsmobile Cutlass diesel (why I'll never buy GM again!), 81 Merc Colony Park, 84 Volvo GL diesel (if you tailgate me, I'll smoke you out, 87 Toyota Supra Turbo Targa (wife made me sell it), 88 Merc Colony Park, 92 Toyota Supra Turbo Targa (wife made me sell it),91 Chrysler Minivan, 95 and 96 Chev Suburban (yeah I know - no GM again - that's what 5 kids will do), 02 Chev Suburban, 97 Subaru Outback
98 A6 Avant (deceased)
99 A4 1.8T 5-spd (deceased)
01 Dodge 2500 Cummins (gone but not forgotten)
03 A6 3.0 Avant
03 VW Jetta GLS 1.8T
04 Saab 9-3 2.0T
05 A4 Cabriolet 3.0
06 A6 Avant 3.2
ajg617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 08:56 PM   #2
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 127679

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
Well, this is new this week. 5 times the radio came on by itself this week, usually when I was hitting the call disconnect key on the steering wheel. MMI software is current as of last October when the Amp was replaced. Anyone have problem with the steering wheel controls?
Sorry but can't say I've come across this issue...perhaps a ground issue of some sort, which is causing the power on condition.

Or it could be far FAR worse....you could have a haunted C6...lol
raj99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 05:26 PM   #3
Audiworld Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj99 View Post
Sorry but can't say I've come across this issue...perhaps a ground issue of some sort, which is causing the power on condition.

Or it could be far FAR worse....you could have a haunted C6...lol
That just may be the case - windshield washer tank decided to split on its own today while sitting in the parking lot. My phone toasted on the ride home - blue tooth kept turning on and off all the way home.
Old 06-28-2014, 07:04 AM   #4
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 89635

I am betting the blue tooth module has gone bad. It is a common problem on our cars that cause all sorts of electrical gremlins.
Waiting for delivery of a 2015 A6 TDI Prestige with 19" Sports Package with Season Dedicated Tires - Oolong Gray Metalic, Nougat Brown Interior, Dark Brown Walnut Inlays, Black Headliner, Driver Assistance Package, Cold Weather Package, Night Vision Assistant with Pedestrian Detection.

RIP - 2005 A6 4.2 - (February 2005 - August 2014) (142,000 miles)

C6 TSB Library link (Thanks to Dr. Cold for his help in setting this up) http://uberlame.com/a6_tsb/
KevinGary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 07:12 AM   #5
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 285069

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
Well, this is new this week. 5 times the radio came on by itself this week, usually when I was hitting the call disconnect key on the steering wheel.
Is your car named "Christine" by any chance?
Old 06-28-2014, 02:45 PM   #6
Audiworld Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinGary View Post
I am betting the blue tooth module has gone bad. It is a common problem on our cars that cause all sorts of electrical gremlins.
Well, could be we do have our share of electrical gremlins in this vehicle - not quite to the level of my 98 but I can see it going there. Sighhhh. Still, when the phone shows the error message "Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped" keeps popping up and the VZ bars pm the phone goes to the red circle with a line through it I'm kind of suspicious of the phone. VZ is sending yet another replacement so we'll see.
Old 06-28-2014, 02:47 PM   #7
Audiworld Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Ski View Post
Is your car named "Christine" by any chance?
I'd laugh but I don't want to have it get angry with me. Awful thought though my old GTO decided to turn over and start itself after I closed the door to walk in the house once AND the keys were in my hand. Never did figure that one out. I'm kind of one of those people who drives along and watches all the street lights go out as I approach.
Old 06-29-2014, 01:01 AM   #8
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 271089

Funny, my A6 has just started a similar problem. Listening to the radio after startup, maybe 2 or 3 minutes, it will just switch to a CD. Always the CD in slot 1. Drives my wife and me crazy.
johns12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 01:01 AM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement