A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Remote Start

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2010, 04:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Remote Start Install

I will be installing the remote start tomorrow or wednesday. If I can I will take pictures and do a write up on the install!
Old 10-12-2010, 11:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stroker351w
I will be installing the remote start tomorrow or wednesday. If I can I will take pictures and do a write up on the install!
nice .. thank you!!
Old 10-12-2010, 12:18 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Has anyone either looked into or tried this system:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Audi-...Q5fAccessories

Supposedly it works with the factory switchblade keyfob. I just ordered a 2011 A3 Quattro with Sport, DSG, Open sky roof, xenon lights and bluetooth. I am a little concerned that it will mess up the electrical system and even the dealer recommended not to install a remote start.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default It can be done!

I just got the remote start working. I will be posting a DIY on it with pictures!
Old 10-13-2010, 04:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 873 Likes on 714 Posts

Originally Posted by stroker351w
I just got the remote start working. I will be posting a DIY on it with pictures!
Congrats.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Awesome news! Can't wait to see the write-up!
Old 10-13-2010, 09:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default A6 C6 4F Remote Start Install

Parts Needed:

Remote Start: Avital 4111L - $80
Bypass 1: Canmax 400 - $75 (programmed for the remote starting)
Bypass 2: 556uw - $55 (Insert valet key and wrap loop around cylinder for key bypass)
Relay: $10 at best buy (ask for it at the install bay)
Tape
Solder

Everything should be prepped outside the car. Trying to do this all on the floor of the Audi is impossible. A lot of the harness's will not be used because the Data to Data (D2D) function is the only way this can work.

Pre-wiring is one of the most important steps to installing a remote start. It allows you to take your time..find out exactly what wires you will be using and cut off those you won't be using. This keeps the install clean as well.

Avital:

Wires to hook up (Vehicle's Wire Color/Location):
Large Gauge Harness From Avital Brain:
Red (X2)--12V Constant (Red/Driver's Kick Panel up high with a 10mm nut)

Primary Smaller Gauge Harness From Avital Brain:
White--Parking Lights (Canmax 400 Bypass pink/white)
Black--Ground (10mm nut cap in the driver kick with several brown wires going to it)

4 Pin Harness from Avital Brain:
Blue--Status Output ("Ground When Running" input on 556uw)

5 Pin Harness from Avital Brain:
Brown--Brake wire in vehicle (Black/Red Pedal Switch Plug Above Pedal)
Black/White--Neutral Safety Switch (I just ground out this wire to the black wire in the primary harness)

Antenna hook up

You shouldn't need the programming button for anything either.***

Canmax 400: This needs to be loaded with the 400.AUKI 0.13 firmare using the bootloader 2 from xpresskit. Even though it says wire to wire you are NOT doing that. It is D2D.

The most important part of this is the Relay wiring. I have a picture of what it looks like before I wrap it up in tape. Check the attached for the wiring .pdf. You do need a diode jumping 85 and 86 together. The striped side must be on the 85 side. The 1N4007 designation means the diode is rated at 1 Amp/1000V. I used a 1N4004 because thats what I had on hand. Check the manual attached for the 20 pin wiring diagram. All the other connectors aside from the D2D connector you do not need.

I also have a picture of the 20 Pin harness located at the steering column in the audi with everything wired up before I tape it all up to look factory.

The pink/white wire on the Canmax will connect to your white wire on your remote start.

The gray and gray/black wire I spliced into the ground wire and grounded them all at the same place as picture.

556uw: This is easy. Red and Black need to be spliced into the ground and 12VDC wires on the remote start and the blue wire connects to the blue wire on the remote start. The loop will be installed around the ignition cylinder. Add the valet key in the box and plug in the both harness's and you are done with that.

**I get all my power wires down to one heavy gauge power wire with the ring terminal and the grounds all down to one black wire with a wing terminal. That makes a total of 9 wires that need to be installed in the car.

***If you use a more advanced remote start with keyless entry there will be programming which make things a little more complicated. The Fob has keyless on it so I don't see the point in spending more for that option with you don't need it.

Just follow the Canmax program instruction for hooking up and programing with the remote start on page 5/10
Attached Images     
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
400.AUKI w2w.PDF (1.50 MB, 490 views)
Old 10-13-2010, 09:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Pics Cont

pics
Attached Images   
Old 10-14-2010, 02:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks a Millions, stroker351w
Old 10-14-2010, 04:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes, thanks!! This will make shopping for my wifes Christmas present that much easier!

Bob

Quick Reply: Remote Start