A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Replaced both right and left side stabilizer bar end links last week.

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2016, 08:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Replaced both right and left side stabilizer bar end links last week.

It's definitely helped cure the noise I was hearing every morning backing out my driveway and turning the wheel. You could see the right side rubber was completely worn out of the top bushing. left side looked ok but as long as I had the car up and access to my tools I figured why not replace it. It is a bitch to get the holes to line up just right. Now I need to replace both drivers and passenger side front door lock actuators. Been using the key fob to lock the car for a good two months now.
Old 01-15-2016, 10:25 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

which brand did you use?
thx
Old 01-19-2016, 07:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Since I didn't want to wait for parts to ship I bought some from O Riley auto parts. Master Pro was the part manufacturer. Fitment was good and so far no issues.

MasterPro Chassis K80481 - Sway Link Kt | O'Reilly Auto Parts
Old 01-19-2016, 07:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

We had this done a month or two ago on our A6. They were completely wasted at 115k miles. Plenty of noise. I'm glad it was something simple.
Old 01-20-2016, 02:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by uberwgn
We had this done a month or two ago on our A6. They were completely wasted at 115k miles. Plenty of noise. I'm glad it was something simple.
I also did mines around 110 k front and back just to be safe fcpeuro had the parts for sale for a good price.
Old 01-30-2016, 08:37 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Hi guys, I checked mine this morning, the upper control arm bushings are completed wasted, is it the same part numbers for both upper control arm bushing?
Old 01-31-2016, 04:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by LMSI-G35X
It's definitely helped cure the noise I was hearing every morning backing out my driveway and turning the wheel. You could see the right side rubber was completely worn out of the top bushing. left side looked ok but as long as I had the car up and access to my tools I figured why not replace it. It is a bitch to get the holes to line up just right. Now I need to replace both drivers and passenger side front door lock actuators. Been using the key fob to lock the car for a good two months now.
Good luck with the door lock actuator replacement man. Its a ton of work. The window regulator, windows and window frames need to come out to access them. It sucks. My dealer wanted $450 for labor alone for one door plus $350 for the part.
Old 01-31-2016, 06:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dudeZi
Hi guys, I checked mine this morning, the upper control arm bushings are completed wasted, is it the same part numbers for both upper control arm bushing?
Yes, they are same.
See the link for my DIY guide.
You may consider replacing whole arm with aftermarket parts instead of bushings only since it is about now ball joints need replacement too.
My car still feels rock solid, although it has been 5 years and 80k miles since busing replacement.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-.../#post24289004
Old 01-31-2016, 06:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dudeZi
which brand did you use? thx
I got them from fcp euro cheapest one for the front because I was on a budget and only one driver side front sway bar link needed to be changed.
$11.99
https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/aud...s8-4e0411317ek
And the rears i had to do both i already have the meyle control arm kit installed i went with the meyle brand for the rear sway links they were on sale for $28.99
https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/aud...6-4f0505465nmy
I have had no issues ever since before replacement of the sway links any time I drove over the pot hole or a bump I heard clunks.

Last edited by saifxnyc; 02-01-2016 at 10:03 AM.
Old 02-01-2016, 09:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Door Locks

Originally Posted by fe342185
Good luck with the door lock actuator replacement man. Its a ton of work. The window regulator, windows and window frames need to come out to access them. It sucks. My dealer wanted $450 for labor alone for one door plus $350 for the part.
Yeah I've read a few people's posts on here about it and I think the passenger side is a little easier but the driver's side is a PITA which is the one I really want replaced. i got the parts second hand from a place in CALI 2 for like maybe less than 150 for both. I'm trying to find time to change out the passenger side and see how it goes.

Quick Reply: Replaced both right and left side stabilizer bar end links last week.