A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Require part # for item indicated.

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2014, 09:00 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Require part # for item indicated.

I'm in search of the part number for item #12. I haven't been at all lucky in finding it. I rolled a raccoon a short time ago and require replacement. Thanks!

2008 4.2 S-Line
Old 11-04-2014, 01:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

what is that part? name?
Old 11-04-2014, 05:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

air guide grille; left

4F0807245

4F0807245 01C (satin black)
Old 11-05-2014, 02:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Brilliant. Thank you.
Old 11-13-2014, 03:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by inivid
Brilliant. Thank you.
Do you need the S-line or standard ones? I have a pair of S-Lines if you are interested. feel free to PM me.
Old 11-13-2014, 03:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by The_Mizarc
Do you need the S-line or standard ones? I have a pair of S-Lines if you are interested. feel free to PM me.
Oh I should have read the entire post. S-Line!
Old 11-17-2014, 01:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Well, a bit of bad fortune, I'm afraid.

I ordered the part number indicated above and it's too big. I pulled the passenger grille off (it's brittle and broke it in the process, so I now need one of those) and removed the passenger side filler plate (at least that's what I call it) to compare the two side by side. The filler plate I was sent (4F0-807-245-01C) is about an inch taller than the existing one for the opposite side. Meh.

The part is now useless to me, but quite literally brand new, if anyone wants to buy it. $40 ($48.60 list) and buyer pays shipping. I'll post an appropriate ad for it in the Classifieds, later.

*sigh*

Last edited by inivid; 11-17-2014 at 01:44 PM.
Old 11-17-2014, 01:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by The_Mizarc
Oh I should have read the entire post. S-Line!
I'd like to take you up on that offer, if in-fact they are the correct parts for my car.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I just spoke to a parts guy from the dealership that shipped the part to me and they confirmed that the "filler plate" for my VIN# is no longer available via Audi.

I wish I had been thoughtful enough to call, before I moved forward with the part number that put3namo provided. No harm.

I DID provide my VIN# on the order form when ordering. So...take note, gentlemen. Just because you provide a part number and VIN to a dealership selling parts online, don't expect them to verify that the part number actually jives with your VIN. They will ship whatever you pay for.
Old 11-17-2014, 04:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by inivid
I'd like to take you up on that offer, if in-fact they are the correct parts for my car.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I just spoke to a parts guy from the dealership that shipped the part to me and they confirmed that the "filler plate" for my VIN# is no longer available via Audi.

I wish I had been thoughtful enough to call, before I moved forward with the part number that put3namo provided. No harm.

I DID provide my VIN# on the order form when ordering. So...take note, gentlemen. Just because you provide a part number and VIN to a dealership selling parts online, don't expect them to verify that the part number actually jives with your VIN. They will ship whatever you pay for.

Sorry to hear that... part number where based on the diagram provided above (link here), but would they not accept returns?
Old 11-17-2014, 05:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Returns are at a 20% charge, plus I cover shipping. I'm going to attempt to negotiate a deal, when I order a replacement grille, to replace the passenger one I accidentally broke over the weekend. I'll perhaps hold them accountable for not referencing the VIN that "oh by the way" was required to process the order. I'm a tenacious negotiator, so I'm not so worried.

Quick Reply: Require part # for item indicated.