A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Review of deAuto LED complete interior LED kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2016, 05:06 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by c@@kiemonsta
Nice setup raj. For those who want to save a little bit more, here is a complete kit on ebay for $26.99.

Ebay LED Kit
Hi cookie, there are definitely cheaper options out there and having bought from the same supplier on eBay I can unequivocally say that the actual product that was provided by deAuto was FAR better than what I got from eBay. Yes, you are paying a bit more, but it's not like you change you interior lights on a yearly basis...so spending a few extra $$ and never having to worry about them again is worth it imho. Plus the ones from deAuto have a warranty with them.
Old 01-17-2016, 10:00 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by raj99
Hi cookie, there are definitely cheaper options out there and having bought from the same supplier on eBay I can unequivocally say that the actual product that was provided by deAuto was FAR better than what I got from eBay. Yes, you are paying a bit more, but it's not like you change you interior lights on a yearly basis...so spending a few extra $$ and never having to worry about them again is worth it imho. Plus the ones from deAuto have a warranty with them.
No worries raj. I wanted to make sure that these weren't the same as the deAuto one's. Good thing you've tried both. Super nice that the nicer ones come with warranty. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 01-18-2016, 04:55 PM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Raj99 / cookie - thank you for the support and kind words, we hope you do enjoy our LEDs as that is our main goal.

We feel that when you look at the material used and after installing them you will see the quality shine through on our LEDs and you will be very happy with them.

Thank you
Old 01-21-2016, 02:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Got these rear led plate lights with a year warranty on ebay $14.99http://www.ebay.com/itm/161857517765?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT came with then whole lens housing plug and play they are extremely bright. Will attempt to put the de auto key interior lights on tomorrow and post back the finished results.

cars dirty because of snow and snow storms coming to the North East just waiting till the weekend to wash it after it snows. Just got the car back 2 days ago extremely happy
Attached Thumbnails Review of deAuto LED complete interior LED kit-image-622386407.png  

Last edited by saifxnyc; 01-21-2016 at 04:23 PM.
Old 01-22-2016, 03:30 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Thank you - we appreciate the support.

We cannot comment on every LED but yes many of the LEDs we see are very low quality using plastic and older LED diode technology and resistors.

And feedback on eBay is only allowed 90 days after purchase, so you never know what is going on with those LEDs in the long run unfortunately and no one will take the time to write a bad review on a forum about a random eBay customer as it will be buried.

A quick google search found this:
"He goes by the seller name bulbs_and_performance there customer service skills killed a deal for me if anybody cares. People will take your money and don't care home they treat you. Just a heads up"

We are not looking to damage anyone's reputation but it is obvious when you are going to be dealing with a forum sponsor their reputation is everything and we believe in customer service and bringing a high quality product people can enjoy for a lifetime.
Old 01-22-2016, 03:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by saifxnyc
Got these rear led plate lights with a year warranty on ebay $14.99LED License Plate Lights for Audi A3 S3 A4 S4 RS4 B6 B7 A6 A8 Q7 RS6 Audi New | eBay came with then whole lens housing plug and play they are extremely bright.
You should have gone for the OEM led number plate lights.
A much nicer light.

Old 01-22-2016, 04:06 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

royclark - are those error free or do you have to code them?

If anyone is interested and since we are posting License plate LEDs - error free - bright crisp clean License Plate LEDs:
LED License Plate Housings Crisp White-Error Free-Plug and play Fits: Many Audi Models ? deAutoKey
Old 01-22-2016, 04:29 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by deAutoLED.com
royclark - are those error free or do you have to code them?

If anyone is interested and since we are posting License plate LEDs - error free - bright crisp clean License Plate LEDs:
LED License Plate Housings Crisp White-Error Free-Plug and play Fits: Many Audi Models ? deAutoKey
Your listing specifically states this is compatible with C6 models through 2009. Do you know that this kit is specifically not compatible with refreshed C6 models for 2010-11?
Old 01-22-2016, 04:40 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Originally Posted by Nicodemus0
Your listing specifically states this is compatible with C6 models through 2009. Do you know that this kit is specifically not compatible with refreshed C6 models for 2010-11?
Yes, we have not had any issues - raj99 personally tested these also - we are not sure if he made a separate post.

I will also get them to update the listing.

Thank you
Old 01-22-2016, 05:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by c@@kiemonsta
Nice setup raj. For those who want to save a little bit more, here is a complete kit on ebay for $26.99.
Yes, there are cheaper options. I just got kits from Ebay for my two cars. The Audi kit was had two extra of one type bulb and was missing two of another bulb. So my rear dome has the old incandesce lights until I can get the seller to send me them, or or I get them somewhere else.

The other kit (for a different car) has very harsh lighting - like bad fluorescent lights, so I'm not going to use those.

I am not afraid of eBay, but you don't really know what you're getting until it arrives. In the end, you get what you pay for.

Last edited by iaflyer; 01-22-2016 at 05:36 AM.

Quick Reply: Review of deAuto LED complete interior LED kit