A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Satellite Radio Linking Problem 2006 A6

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 06:32 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Satellite Radio Linking Problem 2006 A6

I just bought a used 2006 A6 Quatro S-Line that has satellite radio installed. I activated it with Sirius XM, and have never been able to receive a consistent signal. The radio sounds choppy, echoey, or is absent altogether, displaying only 'Linking' for long stretches of time. I have had the signal refreshed over and over again, which takes up to 20 minutes to even start working if it works, and does not reconnect if the car is turned off. Sirius says their signal is getting through just fine. My AM/FM and NAV work just fine. Any ideas?
Old 04-14-2012, 01:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it sounds echoey?? it could be your radio module

if it doesnt echo in FM or CD mode

then most likely u are having linking issues
i would say your antenna cover has developed a crack and moisture has slowly degraded you sat radio board of your antenna.

there is a TSB

im having the same issue do a search with my name and keyword antenna and u will learn about the issue
Old 06-20-2013, 05:37 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Did you resolve this issue?

Originally Posted by SED8R
I just bought a used 2006 A6 Quatro S-Line that has satellite radio installed. I activated it with Sirius XM, and have never been able to receive a consistent signal. The radio sounds choppy, echoey, or is absent altogether, displaying only 'Linking' for long stretches of time. I have had the signal refreshed over and over again, which takes up to 20 minutes to even start working if it works, and does not reconnect if the car is turned off. Sirius says their signal is getting through just fine. My AM/FM and NAV work just fine. Any ideas?
My 2006 A6 which I have owned since new has developed the same symptoms. I'm wondering if you figured out what caused the problem. I'm wondering if I should spend on a new receiver (easier to replace) or deal with the headliner and antenna replacement. I really don't want to touch my headliner. They never go back the same way you take them down.
Old 06-23-2013, 04:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default the solution

Originally Posted by SED8R
Here is the Installation Guide .I hope it will be helpful for you .

http://www.autoradiodvdgpstv.com/use...-Manual-H8.rar
Old 12-11-2018, 02:22 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Just quoted $900 repair of antenna

I have the sat. Linking problem on my 2013 Q5. They say it's a problem internally to the antenna and need to bnb replace entire antenna. Electrical issue.
Old 12-11-2018, 05:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My first C6 was an '06. I had constant linking problems. I checked with a local Indy AUDI guy and he told that there was an upgraded receiver that worked much better with SiriusXM. I forget the pn's but the newer reciever works much better. I believe the early receivers may have been Sirius or XM specific and not worked well after Sirius & XM merged.