A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Satellite Radio Volume "Currently Unavailable"

Old 05-09-2013, 06:12 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Satellite Radio Volume "Currently Unavailable"

I took delivery of a 2013 S6 last week. As I left the house this morning, Sirius was slow to link. As I'm driving, I note I am unable to control the radio volume, either via the **** or steering wheel mounted control. The volume is grayed out and read "currently unavailable". It's the standard Bose, not the upgraded B&O system (not sure this matters). I'm able to adjust the volume without any problem during a phone conversation or while streaming music from my iPod. Very irritating. I'm hoping it will reset as it sits in my office's parking garage, but thought I'd see if anyone else every experienced this quirk.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:55 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Shakeman
I took delivery of a 2013 S6 last week. As I left the house this morning, Sirius was slow to link. As I'm driving, I note I am unable to control the radio volume, either via the **** or steering wheel mounted control. The volume is grayed out and read "currently unavailable". It's the standard Bose, not the upgraded B&O system (not sure this matters). I'm able to adjust the volume without any problem during a phone conversation or while streaming music from my iPod. Very irritating. I'm hoping it will reset as it sits in my office's parking garage, but thought I'd see if anyone else every experienced this quirk.
Hi, I have the exact same problem, I just bought a 2013 Q7 premium plus. At first, I had to turn the car off and on again to get the sound back, but now it has been three days with out any luck. I called Audi technical support, and they told me to do a reset MENU+CENTER-****+UPPER-RIGHT, it did not work. They set me an appointment with the dealership. Did you had any luck solving this problem?
Old 06-16-2014, 05:24 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Any luck?

I ran into this very problem this morning – took delivery of my S5 October. As I was driving this morning, I became unable to control the radio volume, either via the console **** or steering wheel mounted control. The volume is grayed out and reads "currently unavailable". It is the B&O system. The volume control does not work whether I am in Radio or Media, and turning the car on and off did not reset it either. I'm hoping it will reset as it sits in my office's parking garage for the day too, but thought I'd see if folks had luck fixing this quirk themselves or is it a dealership required appointment.

Thanks in advance.
Sunshines
Old 10-02-2014, 01:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

This just happened to me this morning. When I turned the car on I saw the MMI saying something about an update. Then when I tried to adjust the volume on my SIRIUS it was greyed out and said "Temporarily Unavailable" and did not allow me to change volume.

I noticed that if I went to AM or FM the volume control would work and I could raise or lower the volume then switch back over to Sirius and the volume setting would remain but could not adjust it in Sirius.

I drove for apprx 45 minutes, then turned car off and back on again but same issue.

I'm beginning to lose patience with the MMI, last month I had the entire module replaced after it went bad. At that time it would reset/skip every 20 or 30 seconds. No matter if I was on the phone via bluetooth, using the CDs or the Compact Flash or the Radio, it would sort of reset then come back on and continue where it left off after a few seconds....majorly annoying because your conversation would drop off and then reestablish. Audi did not have the module and had to order it which took 4 days. 2 hours to install it. Now this new problem.

Wondering if they are having widespread MMI problems.

My car is a 2013 A6
Old 12-29-2015, 12:57 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I realize it's been awhile since a post appeared in this thread regarding the volume being "currently unavailable," but I have a 2015 All Road wagon that I recently purchased. The volume in Sirius mode worked fine until a couple days ago, but now I receive the "currently unavailable" message.

Did any of you get this problem resolved? If so, what did you do? Thanks.
Old 12-29-2015, 07:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

In just over a year, this has happened 4-5 times, usually on the way to work; it's back to normal when I get back in car to return home. It has only been a problem with Sirius; in FM station mode, the volume worked fine. Has only happened in association with Sirius updating stations. So far, only with Sirius; not serious enough to warrant trip to dealer.
Old 01-29-2016, 01:51 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Richmondaudi
Hi, I have the exact same problem, I just bought a 2013 Q7 premium plus. At first, I had to turn the car off and on again to get the sound back, but now it has been three days with out any luck. I called Audi technical support, and they told me to do a reset MENU+CENTER-****+UPPER-RIGHT, it did not work. They set me an appointment with the dealership. Did you had any luck solving this problem?
I took my car to the dealership to fix this problem. At first they thought it was only a software problem, but they kept my SUV for a week. They replaced the whole console free of charge, since it was basically new (3 months)
Old 02-01-2016, 02:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Radio volume issues

Since the MMI replacement no problems other than the volume issue which I am now certain is directly linked to Sirius XM updates. Every single time it occurs...thankfully not too often, it is immediately after an update begins. updates appear to take as long as 30 minutes.

Audi should be aware of this by now.

I know this is not related to this thread, but a new problem came to light the other day. Walking around the car (off and locked) I pressed on the gas cover lid, and to my surprise it opened. I tried unlocking and locking the door and it always remains unlocked. Any ideas? It should lock right????

Going on 3 years now. Total problems: MMI replacement, AC pressure sensor problem (known issue), and gas lid issue. Not bad for 3 years....much better than previous models.

Rick
Old 02-10-2016, 11:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 251 Likes on 211 Posts
Default Sirius Linking-------

I had this on my 2015 S5 last week. Sirius would come on and work but then drop out and say "Linking" If I turned the volume control it would say "unavailable"
The TMC (traffic information) in Navigation would be unavailable too when this occurred.
I checked with Sirius and had them reset the receiver from their end twice. Did not help. I did a soft reboot (three button reset in the manual) that did not help either.
I reported the problem to the dealer while they were doing my initial 5000 mile service this week and they found that the car needed a new Satellite antenna. (the fin on the roof top) That required painting the replacement so it took 2 days to complete. Good to go now though and works like it is supposed to. We have Sirius on our 2012 Q7 and had it on a 2006 A6 too. Those never gave any problems. Hopefully there were just a few bad antennas out there and this one will be good.
Old 02-14-2016, 10:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have a 2015 S8 and had the satellite radio volume "currently unavailable" issue happen to me yesterday. I searched and found this relevant thread. In my case, I was driving for only about 10 minutes with the issue but then the volume control came back (by itself, I did not stop or start the car nor did I reset anything). I was also able to control the satellite radio volume in the next couple times I drive yesterday. As with everyone else, this was only an issue with satellite radio and the volume for FM radio was just fine.

So for me, the issue happened only once. It sounds like most others here had the issue persist so I know now to watch for it and bring it up with my dealer if it reoccurs or sticks around. Thanks!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Satellite Radio Volume "Currently Unavailable"