A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

Satellite Radio Volume "Currently Unavailable"

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 03:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

Update, for what it is worth.

Happened again today. Unable to adjust volume on Sirius stations after starting the car. Switched over to a FM station, adjusted volume and went back to Sirius and new volume level maintained. Turned off car when arrived at work and restarted: still unable to adjust volume on Sirius stations only. When started car to return home, everything back to normal.

What I did notice when starting the car was a Sirius updating channels notification in my dash display. So, seems to remain a Sirius issue.....
Old 04-08-2016, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 79 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by AMDG75
Update, for what it is worth.

Happened again today. Unable to adjust volume on Sirius stations after starting the car. Switched over to a FM station, adjusted volume and went back to Sirius and new volume level maintained. Turned off car when arrived at work and restarted: still unable to adjust volume on Sirius stations only. When started car to return home, everything back to normal.

What I did notice when starting the car was a Sirius updating channels notification in my dash display. So, seems to remain a Sirius issue.....
I had it yesterday too...
Old 02-15-2017, 04:45 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 2017 A3 Prestige+ Sport Pkg

Brand new car and have spent hours with SiriusXM tech support which finally gave up on me an said I need to take it to the dealer. The dealer said it has been happening to two other cars they know about and that they think it is a software problem. I emailed the service manager today to see what they are going to do to repair the issue. Has anyone had luck fixing this since I see the problem has been going on for many years with Audis.
Old 02-15-2017, 04:48 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

My problem was finally resolved by having a new shark fin antenna installed.

Now I'm having problems sporadically losing my gps satellite signals, so I'm having the car looked at (for the third time.)
Old 02-15-2017, 02:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

Since last post, has happened a few more times, only when Sirius was updating on my way to work.

Volume remedy remains the same: switch to FM, adjust volume to desired level and return to Sirius channel. When I restart car after work, everything is fine.

Do not feel it warrants taking to dealer, which could end up causing more issues as PaulEF just encountered. Forgive the pun, but feel this is a only a Sirius but not a serious enough issue to address.
Old 03-06-2017, 01:43 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

On Thursday, March 2, 2017 - Audi of North America confirmed that "there is a software problem with your 2017 A3 and engineers in Germany are aware of the problem." They did not give me an expected repair date nor do they have a replacement option at this time.
Old 03-06-2017, 01:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by cyclewatts
On Thursday, March 2, 2017 - Audi of North America confirmed that "there is a software problem with your 2017 A3 and engineers in Germany are aware of the problem." They did not give me an expected repair date nor do they have a replacement option at this time.
Great to know, so why don't you post this on the A3 subforum vs. here on the A6 forum?

Audi A3 / S3 /RS 3 MKII - AudiWorld Forums
Old 03-06-2017, 01:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

While this might not be an explanation for all those here with issues, Sirius will update their lineup from time to time. This can cause an outage for a period of time. Since there are several reports here of problems yesterday, my guess would be that's why Sirius was not available.
Old 03-06-2017, 03:50 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

will do!
Old 12-30-2017, 02:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

For what it's worth as I revive this old thread (highest on Google results), the problem happened to me again today. It is sporadic.

Quick Reply: Satellite Radio Volume "Currently Unavailable"