Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A6 / S6 / RS 6 > A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007-present

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-25-2014, 12:39 PM   #1
AudiWorld Newcomer
Account #: 289126

Default Thinking about 2010 A6 3.0T

Hi all - thinking about trading in my 2014 SQ5 for a 2010 A6 3.0T Prestige. It is a sad sad day.

I have to downsize my budget and this is a move I can make that will leave me with a great car and no car payment.

The car I am looking at has 39K miles.

Any thoughts on the C6 A6? Anything to be wary of or aware of?

First time to this forum. Thanks for your help!
plynchy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 04:02 PM   #2
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 127679

what's to think about? The 3.0T C6, also referred to as to the C6.5 by some, is a great vehicle.

It has a number of nice updates and upgrades of the standard C6 + with the turbo engine also for specialty tuning which will enable it to run faster and stronger than a C6 S6!

Early on there was an issue with some of the water pumps, something to do with a plastic piece, however these were addressed in a recall.

Do a Search on the 3.0T C6 and you'll get PLENTY of threads.
raj99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 04:34 PM   #3
AudiWorld Newcomer
Account #: 289126

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj99 View Post
what's to think about? The 3.0T C6, also referred to as to the C6.5 by some, is a great vehicle.

It has a number of nice updates and upgrades of the standard C6 + with the turbo engine also for specialty tuning which will enable it to run faster and stronger than a C6 S6!

Early on there was an issue with some of the water pumps, something to do with a plastic piece, however these were addressed in a recall.

Do a Search on the 3.0T C6 and you'll get PLENTY of threads.
Raj - thanks for the reply. I went to the dealership today and the numbers that they gave me just did not make sense. Basically I would have been trading my '14 SQ5 with 9K miles for an '10 A6 with 40K miles and only $9K between the trade they offered me and their best sell price. ($44K and $35K). I was really dumbstruck. Did not bother to negotiate as the sales woman did not know anything at all about the cars she was selling - misquoting all stats and specs on the whole Audi lineup. Going to cut the budget in other places and keep on paying down the SQ5. She is a screamer and I was sad to even think about losing her.
plynchy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 06:26 PM   #4
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 275049

Quote:
Originally Posted by plynchy1 View Post
only $9K between the trade they offered me and their best sell price. ($44K and $35K). I was really dumbstruck.
they are smoking bananas (or pick a substance) to ask $35 k for that car with 39k miles. Even if it was the coveted Avant, that is still too much considering the miles. For the sedan i would say 10k$ too high.
FL C6.5 Avant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 06:26 PM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement