A6 / S6 (C6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C6 Audi A6 produced from 2004-present and Audi S6 produced from 2007 - 2011

where to buy Magnaflow for S6??

Old 10-11-2013, 01:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where to buy Magnaflow for S6??

Anyone have a location online? I live in Las Vegas btw.. thanks Guys!
Old 10-13-2013, 08:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by blk18tq
Anyone have a location online? I live in Las Vegas btw.. thanks Guys!
Hey man,

Not too many S6's being modded on the forum so responses are rather rare. You may need to do some quick measurements on the S6 muffler and do your own research online to see which Magnaflow muffler product will fit the bill. Curious to know what you're able to find out as well. I have a custom cat-back exhaust with a Magnaflow muffler on my MKI TT and it sounds nice.

Good luck.
Old 10-17-2013, 06:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Not really sure. I would just go to a local exhaust shop and they could help you out. I went by advice on a forum for parts and when I got to the shop the guy laughed. Not only did it not fit the car but he could do custom work for less money. I was going to have an x pipe put in place of the rear resonators. He showed me that wasn't necessary since the car already has a small H-pipe so there was no need to balance the pressure more than it already is. So he just put straight pipes in place of the resonators. Only cost me 150 bucks and it brought the car to life. That V-10 is finally free. I wouldn't mind adding a new muffler/tips, so let me know if you find anything
Old 10-18-2013, 04:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by S_car_addict
Not really sure. I would just go to a local exhaust shop and they could help you out. I went by advice on a forum for parts and when I got to the shop the guy laughed. Not only did it not fit the car but he could do custom work for less money. I was going to have an x pipe put in place of the rear resonators. He showed me that wasn't necessary since the car already has a small H-pipe so there was no need to balance the pressure more than it already is. So he just put straight pipes in place of the resonators. Only cost me 150 bucks and it brought the car to life. That V-10 is finally free. I wouldn't mind adding a new muffler/tips, so let me know if you find anything
What effect did removing the resonators have on the exhaust note? Thinking of doing the same to my S6.
Old 10-19-2013, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Korndog
What effect did removing the resonators have on the exhaust note? Thinking of doing the same to my S6.
I had the rear resonators removed from my 2008 S6 about a month ago. I've put around 1500 miles on it since.

At cruising speeds (approx 2k rpm) there's very little difference. No drone. Just slightly raspy-er.

At mid to full throttle, the sound is much more aggressive. Not necessarily louder, just more raw.

At high rpm it sounds amazing. The best sound is in manual shift mode while decelerating from a high rpm - incredible!

I've been told the sound in the backseat is more pronounced / noticeable.

It sounds really great - very sporty but not too obnoxious.

Best $150 I've spent...