A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

**Don Nguyen | Vinyl roof wrapping, tail light tinting, black out chrome trim install

Old 01-16-2015, 06:19 AM
Former Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

This is a repeat customer of mine from one of my norcal/bay area trips. I typically make trips up there 2-4 times a year, depending on how busy I am down here in socal. I have had people in other areas, such as the east coast ask if I will be making a trip out there, and I do have some future plans in the works for that. For this silver/grey Audi A8, he had me wrap the chrome trim/accent on the rear bumper with the 3M 1080 gloss carbon fiber finish, to give it a slightly different look. It’s a small subtle change, but it does give the car a slightly more aggressive and sportier look, to an otherwise larger luxury styled car.

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 01-22-2015, 04:04 PM
Former Vendor

I blacked out the chrome window trim on this black Audi A5 coupe with my matte black material. For this car, we went with the matte black finish over the gloss black finish to give it some contrast with the gloss black paint on the car. This was one of the cars that I did during my trip up to norcal/bay area. The matte black trim went well with the darker colored wheels as well. Completely changed the look of the car and gave it a more aggressive/sporty look, while still maintaining an OEM look as well.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 01-30-2015, 01:31 PM
Former Vendor

The owner of this white Ferrari FF coupe has had several of his previous cars worked on by me in the past for different vinyl wrap projects. *For his Ferrari FF, we went with the my gloss black vinyl materials for the roof of his car to give it a panoramic roof look and also give it a more aggressive look. *Even though the car already stands out from other cars, the gloss black roof really changed the look of the car even more in a positive way. *The owner of this car was local to me in Yorba Linda and came out to my shop in Orange County to have the vinyl work done. *Also, the purple hue in the pictures was because this car was finished just as the sun was going down and the lighting of the sky was a bit purpleish that day, which translated over into the pictures.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 02-12-2015, 05:46 PM
Former Vendor

The owner of this brand new 2015 Audi A3 sedan came by to have me vinyl wrap the chrome/brushed aluminum window trim of his car with my gloss black vinyl material. We went with gloss black to give it a factory OEM look. The lighting made it a bit hard to take pictures of the white car, but I was able to take some close ups of the car, which showed the transformation and details better. The owner of the car came out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to get the vinyl work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 02-20-2015, 02:54 PM
Former Vendor

Lately, more and more SUV or bigger bodied car guys have been bringing their cars by to have vinyl work done. The owner of this black Audi Q7 SUV had me vinyl wrap the chrome window trim on his car with my matte black vinyl material. In addition to wrapping the roof, I plasti dipped the grill in a matte black finish as well to match. It was a night and day difference for this car, especially with his already tinted windows and since there was no other chrome on the car other than the pieces I wrapped and dipped. The owner of this car was from south Orange County and came up to me in Anaheim Hills to get the vinyl work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

donathon@gmail.com
Old 02-26-2015, 12:13 PM
Former Vendor

This is a bit different, but I know you guys seeing more pictures of various and different type of wrap jobs than the regular roof, trim, etc wraps. I did a partial car wrap for the top half of this 2013 white Land Rover LR4 HSE. For this car wrap, we did the top half of the car in 3M 1080 gloss black vinyl material. I believe the owner of this car said that it’s suppose to resemble how the new Range Rover Autobiography editions come from the factory. I took two pictures of the during vinyl wrapping process, to show you guys how what it looks like during the transformation. The owner of this car was in Irvine and came out to me in Anaheim hills/Orange county to have the car wrap done for his car.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Old 03-01-2015, 08:41 PM
Former Vendor

This is a bit different, but I know you guys seeing more pictures of various and different type of wrap jobs than the regular roof, trim, etc wraps. I did a partial car wrap for the top half of this 2013 white Land Rover LR4 HSE. For this car wrap, we did the top half of the car in 3M 1080 gloss black vinyl material. I believe the owner of this car said that it’s suppose to resemble how the new Range Rover Autobiography editions come from the factory. I took two pictures of the during vinyl wrapping process, to show you guys how what it looks like during the transformation. The owner of this car was in Irvine and came out to me in Anaheim hills/Orange county to have the car wrap done for his car.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Old 04-01-2015, 09:05 PM
Former Vendor

I did this Audi TT back in my trip to norcal in December. The owner of this car drove out to me in San Jose to have the grey portion of his rear diffuser and lower front bumper splitter in the 3M 1080 gloss carbon fiber. The pictures of the rear diffuser did not come out as good, since the car was facing towards the sun. However, in the pictures of the front splitter, you can really see the weave and pattern of the carbon fiber vinyl in the sunlight fairly well. These small changes to the car still changes the look of the car quite a bit and is nothing something that is noticeable right away, but still gives it a sportier look.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Old 04-06-2015, 05:10 PM
Former Vendor

For this red Ferrari 458 I plasti dipped the front, rear, and top engine lid emblems/badges. I also blacked out the amber portion on his front bumper with my gloss black vinyl. For such a simple change, it really changed the look of the car quite a bit. Since there were no other chrome pieces on the car, after blacking out those chrome badges, it gave the car a sportier and more aggressive look, while cleaning up overall look of the car as well. The owner of this car was local to me and brought his car out to me in Anaheim Hills/Orange County to have the plastic dip and vinyl work done.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com
Old 05-02-2015, 12:50 PM
Former Vendor

This is a returning customer who had me previous lightly tint the tail lights on his E92 M3. This time he had me come back to do the tail lights on his Audi V10 R8 as well. The film that I use is a fairly light shade, which is dark enough to give it a nice noticeable change and also still maintain a factory/OEM look. The owner of this car was in Irvine/Orange County near where I was so I dropped by his house to do the tail lights for his car.

Before:

After:

-Don Nguyen

don@wannaberacer.com

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: **Don Nguyen | Vinyl roof wrapping, tail light tinting, black out chrome trim install