A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

2012 Certified A7 Prestige

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2014, 08:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Clo
The only concern I have is that one shows multiple listing of "One tire mounted and balanced" - Do you think that something to worry about?
I would not worry at all. Its common to see this on Carfaxs.

Before buying my 2014 CPO, I read many dozens of Carfaxs for 2012, 13 and 14s. I would say it was not uncommon to see "one tire mounted and balanced" on many of the carfax's at about 4-7k. Maybe 15%-20% had them. My 2014 former loaner had it as well. When I asked, dealer said: tire out of round, replaced under warranty, not unusual. And as others have said, could be flat or hitting curb hard enough to do sidewall damage. Yet, most of the one tire mounted's I saw on Carfaxs were about 5k, indicating to me that a bad tire was replaced about the time of the first service.
Old 11-08-2014, 11:40 AM
Clo
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Worldwidebeagle
I would not worry at all. Its common to see this on Carfaxs.

Before buying my 2014 CPO, I read many dozens of Carfaxs for 2012, 13 and 14s. I would say it was not uncommon to see "one tire mounted and balanced" on many of the carfax's at about 4-7k. Maybe 15%-20% had them. My 2014 former loaner had it as well. When I asked, dealer said: tire out of round, replaced under warranty, not unusual. And as others have said, could be flat or hitting curb hard enough to do sidewall damage. Yet, most of the one tire mounted's I saw on Carfaxs were about 5k, indicating to me that a bad tire was replaced about the time of the first service.
Thanks for your input, Worldwidebeagle. Much appreciated

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for your 2014 CPO A7? How many miles?

Carlo
Old 11-17-2014, 01:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I just picked up a 2012 A7 Prestige CPO with 29K for 48K, not saying its a great deal but for a white/black interior with every single option(80K MSRP) Innovation, B&O, 20" Sport, it was a great deal to us. That color combo is the hardest to find in the local area(Socal) fully loaded for a low price. And eveytime we do see one its sold that next day, we got lucky on this one they just listed that day and we bought it that evening. So good luck and be ready to buy.
Old 11-24-2014, 05:55 AM
Clo
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by lx4life
I just picked up a 2012 A7 Prestige CPO with 29K for 48K, not saying its a great deal but for a white/black interior with every single option(80K MSRP) Innovation, B&O, 20" Sport, it was a great deal to us. That color combo is the hardest to find in the local area(Socal) fully loaded for a low price. And eveytime we do see one its sold that next day, we got lucky on this one they just listed that day and we bought it that evening. So good luck and be ready to buy.
Congrats! Sounds like a beautiful car!

Yeah, I'd really like to find a 2012 CPO with all the driver assist options with around 25k-30k for 45k... The two 2012 prestige models near me are around that price but have 40-45,000 miles And buying a car with that mileage for that price makes be nervous... maybe if I can get them down to $38,000?

On another note, I've been looking at leasing because I can write off the payments through my buskness... Seems like a lot of money to not own something at the end of the day... Thoughts?

Lastly, how long did you look for? Do you think once 2015 hits prices will drop more?

Either way, thanks for the feedback and again, congrats on the purchase!

C
Old 11-24-2014, 12:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

I have been looking since August, i even looked in other states. One thing to keep in mind is the price you pay is what you get. Right now my car is getting the bumper replaced cause it had deep scratches on the bottom, it also comes with all the keys(valet), my brakes were replaced, the tires were replaced, a door ding fixed, all the wheels refinished(it had a few curb rashes), fresh oil change. This is all getting done for free, I am not paying for any of this. So keep that in mind when nego the price. My dealership has probably put $4k into it already.
Old 11-24-2014, 01:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Clo
Congrats! Sounds like a beautiful car!

Yeah, I'd really like to find a 2012 CPO with all the driver assist options with around 25k-30k for 45k... The two 2012 prestige models near me are around that price but have 40-45,000 miles And buying a car with that mileage for that price makes be nervous... maybe if I can get them down to $38,000?

On another note, I've been looking at leasing because I can write off the payments through my buskness... Seems like a lot of money to not own something at the end of the day... Thoughts?

Lastly, how long did you look for? Do you think once 2015 hits prices will drop more?

Either way, thanks for the feedback and again, congrats on the purchase!

C
One of the problems you will have is supply - there are not a lot of A7's made. Plus, you wait for 2015 and the prices drop for everyone. There will always be "deals" out there - the good ones go fastest. If you have a specific price/year/mileage target and 4-6 months go by without finding anything, you may need to reset your expectations/budget (or car?)

Regarding the lease question, there is no "rational business decision" to leasing an A7 :-) - especially a Prestige since the residual is usually the same as a Premium Plus (historically). If through a business lease you car depreciate the car over 5 years and buy it for a highly depreciated amount, other's have done that before.

Good luck!
Old 12-06-2014, 01:42 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

One of the interesting things about Audi versus a lot of other luxury auto brands is their use of trim levels. There are implications of this at resale, as I found out when trading in my Mercedes for my new Audi. Basically, my highly optioned-out car was valued against a pool of similar models for sale in the regional market. With no trim level to segment the pool, my trade in was devalued by all the base-spec cars.

I would guess that trim level is one of the reasons CamCords do well at resale, despite the huge #'s available in the secondary market - the "EX" doesn't get valued the same as a "DX", and so on.

Mercedes for example, historically offered trim levels in it's domestic market ("Elegance", etc.) but for whatever reason did not bring the concept to the U.S., along with most other luxury brands - you typically get an engine-based alphanumeric model number and that's it. BMW is doing a half-step with its recent "Line" concept, but does a "Luxury Line" intrinsically denote more value than a "Sport Line", in the same way that "Prestige" vs. "Premium Plus" does? Probably not.
Old 07-30-2015, 04:54 PM
Clo
Audiworld Junior Member

Hey guys...

Any thoughts on this CPO A7?

Used 2012 Audi A7 For Sale | Sewickley PA

It was originally listed at 48,000 and now they are offering $40,400. I said that I would do $40.4 out the door but they refused. Thoughts? Should I stick to my guns or go for the $40.4?

Here's the carfax:
CARFAX Vehicle History Report for this 2012 AUDI A7 PRESTIGE QUATTRO: WAU2GAFC0CN143403

I like the color, it's prestige, CPO, clean carfax and in great condition.

Clo
Old 07-30-2015, 07:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Just looking at the pics minus the bird droppings on the rear bumper, it looks like a real good vehicle. The price is actually good saying it is CPO which would cost another 3K but my question is when does the CPO end? You are missing a few options, like LED headlights , sport package, HUD, and B&O from what I could see. I havent really been paying any attention to pricing on A7s but if you think its good compared to others then definitely go for it.
Old 07-31-2015, 05:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Clo
Hey guys...

Any thoughts on this CPO A7?

Used 2012 Audi A7 For Sale | Sewickley PA

It was originally listed at 48,000 and now they are offering $40,400. I said that I would do $40.4 out the door but they refused. Thoughts? Should I stick to my guns or go for the $40.4?

Here's the carfax:
CARFAX Vehicle History Report for this 2012 AUDI A7 PRESTIGE QUATTRO: WAU2GAFC0CN143403

I like the color, it's prestige, CPO, clean carfax and in great condition.

Clo
Dropping the price from 48,000 to 40,400 indicates that they are stuck with it and want to move it out, either at cost or with a minimal profit. If you like the car, go for it.

Quick Reply: 2012 Certified A7 Prestige