A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

2012 Certified A7 Prestige

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 03:16 PM
Clo
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Certified A7 Prestige

First time poster so if this in the wrong place, please forgive me. I'll gladly move it if needed

What do you guys think about purchasing a certified preowned 2012 A7 Prestige with 40k - 45k miles?

The prices are around $42k - $48k.

Here are the listings:

Used 2012 Audi A7 For Sale | Sewickley PA

Used 2012 Audi A7 For Sale | Sewickley PA

They both seem to have clean carfax. The only concern I have is that one shows multiple listing of "One tire mounted and balanced" - Do you think that something to worry about?

Do you think buying a used car with 40k+ miles for over $40k is dumb?

I'd love to hear what everyone thinks!

Thanks,

Clo
Old 11-06-2014, 05:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I would keep shopping. Not sure your budget, but I was able to get mine CPO with only 16k miles and every option imaginable for $55k back in June.
Old 11-06-2014, 06:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Neither of these cars are Prestige models of the A7. The 44,000 mile car looks like a Premuim Plus, and the 40,000 mile car clearly says it's a Premium model at the top of the listing, but Prestige in the detail, so I'm confused. But, both cars seem to have the Premium Plus wheels , not the Prestige wheels., unless the photos are not of the cars advertized. I assume you've checked the prices on either Edmunds or KBB? But you have to put in the correct model trim. Good luck.

The one tire mounted and balanced could be just a flat tire, that's not a deal breaker to me. Drive it see if any compromize in handling is noticeable.
Old 11-06-2014, 07:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by mjm3457
Neither of these cars are Prestige models of the A7. The 44,000 mile car looks like a Premuim Plus, and the 40,000 mile car clearly says it's a Premium model at the top of the listing, but Prestige in the detail, so I'm confused. But, both cars seem to have the Premium Plus wheels , not the Prestige wheels., unless the photos are not of the cars advertized. I assume you've checked the prices on either Edmunds or KBB? But you have to put in the correct model trim. Good luck.

The one tire mounted and balanced could be just a flat tire, that's not a deal breaker to me. Drive it see if any compromize in handling is noticeable.
Based on the AudiWorld VIN decoder:

WAUSGAFC1CN013081 is a 2012 Audi A7 4dr HB quattro 3.0 Prestige
WAU2GAFC0CN143403 is a 2012 Audi A7 4dr HB quattro 3.0 Prestige
Old 11-06-2014, 07:23 PM
Clo
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Glacier6
I would keep shopping. Not sure your budget, but I was able to get mine CPO with only 16k miles and every option imaginable for $55k back in June.
Thanks for the feedback, Glacier. Did you find your A7 near where you live? There are a few ones with lower mileage on Car Guru but they are a good distance away from me.

Originally Posted by mjm3457

Hey MJM, you're right. Thanks for noticing that haha... I was confused because they both have adaptive cruise and the one has heads up display so I assumed they were Prestige. But that said, they don't have the 19 inch wheels...

On Car Guru they are saying it's a fair deal at $45,000 and the dealership offered the car for $42,000.

Either way, my main question is do you think the mileage is too high to consider buying one?

Personally, I think they feel new inside, look great outside, drive sick, and have all the tech features I want. (adaptive cruise, lane assist, park assist, ac/heated seats, nav, backup cam, and four person climate control.)

As mentioned before, I'm just worried about the high mileage putting me in a tough situation three or four years from now if I want to sell it... Not sure if that makes sense.

Thanks again for your feedback! I look forward to hearing your thoughts.
Old 11-06-2014, 07:57 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i noticed that it doesn't have ventilated seats. I thought all prestige's had that option. Anyways i picked up a 2012 with 28500 miles for 45300.00 so i think you should pass on it.
Old 11-07-2014, 01:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by shorttough
i noticed that it doesn't have ventilated seats. I thought all prestige's had that option. Anyways i picked up a 2012 with 28500 miles for 45300.00 so i think you should pass on it.
Both vehicles are indeed Prestige with requisite cooled front seats. You may have been thrown off by the pic of the rear climate console showing heated (but not cooled) rear seating only.

The price seems right for mileage / CPO designation.
Old 11-07-2014, 02:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by Clo
I have is that one shows multiple listing of "One tire mounted and balanced" - Do you think that something to worry about?

Yes, you'd be checking all wheels for true-ness and check for tire damage.

Welcome aboard, Clo !
Old 11-07-2014, 05:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Clo
Thanks for the feedback, Glacier. Did you find your A7 near where you live? There are a few ones with lower mileage on Car Guru but they are a good distance away from me.
Yes, luckily I have 3 dealerships all within about 30 miles of each other.
Old 11-08-2014, 06:28 AM
Clo
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by uberwgn
Yes, you'd be checking all wheels for true-ness and check for tire damage.

Welcome aboard, Clo !
Thank you sir!

Quick Reply: 2012 Certified A7 Prestige