A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

2015 Model Year Ordering

Old 02-12-2014, 06:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 Model Year Ordering

Does anyone know when you can start ordering 2015 model year A7's? When did they start taking 2014 orders last year?
Old 02-12-2014, 06:58 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by amelen
Does anyone know when you can start ordering 2015 model year A7's? When did they start taking 2014 orders last year?
Already leaving us (2012s)?
Keep your car, the first a7 will be the classic model in 30 years
Old 02-12-2014, 08:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

It varies by year and model but typically dealers can take "official" orders around three or four months before first arrivals once the price sheets become available. The C7s have usually started arriving in early July the last couple of years so perhaps orders can be placed by late March or early April. Of course, this can change year to year.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by feralc
Already leaving us (2012s)?
Keep your car, the first a7 will be the classic model in 30 years
Hahaha. Need 3 seats in the back now. The dealership said it's easier to get a 2013+ than retrofit it. Lots of liability issues with seatbelts being involved.
Old 02-12-2014, 10:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
It varies by year and model but typically dealers can take "official" orders around three or four months before first arrivals once the price sheets become available. The C7s have usually started arriving in early July the last couple of years so perhaps orders can be placed by late March or early April. Of course, this can change year to year.
Thanks! I still haven't heard too much info on the 2015 refresh - hopefully it starts trickling in soon.
Old 02-12-2014, 05:51 PM
Banned

Hahaha. Need 3 seats in the back now. The dealership said it's easier to get a 2013+ than retrofit it. Lots of liability issues with seatbelts being involved.
Regarding that I was wondering if I can change the center plastic thing for a padded one in case a fifth passenger shows up, honesty who uses the seatbelt in the rear around town?
Even the cops don't care
Old 02-13-2014, 04:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Regarding that I was wondering if I can change the center plastic thing for a padded one in case a fifth passenger shows up, honesty who uses the seatbelt in the rear around town?
Even the cops don't care
Not a bad idea, but I don't know how comfortable any conversions like that would be for longer rides. I'd also prefer to have the seat-belt hooks there for a baby car seat.
Old 02-13-2014, 04:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Even the cops don't care
I do and would insist that all passengers do, too.
Old 02-13-2014, 06:17 AM
Banned

Not a bad idea, but I don't know how comfortable any conversions like that would be for longer rides. I'd also prefer to have the seat-belt hooks there for a baby car seat.
I have my daughter's with the isofix/latch hooks that are in each seat, unless you want to put the carseat in the middle, or you need 3 carseats
I don't think newer A7 would be really comfortable for longer rides in the center seat (I think the only difference in the seats besides the plastic console vs leather is the seatbelt) , I just wanted to have an option for those rare occasions there is a 5th person you need to give a ride around town
Old 02-13-2014, 06:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

I have my daughter's with the isofix/latch hooks that are in each seat, unless you want to put the carseat in the middle, or you need 3 carseats
I don't think newer A7 would be really comfortable for longer rides in the center seat (I think the only difference in the seats besides the plastic console vs leather is the seatbelt) , I just wanted to have an option for those rare occasions there is a 5th person you need to give a ride around town
If you are driving with that fifth passenger in back w/o a seat belt, be sure to lean to the left if you come to a sudden stop.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2015 Model Year Ordering