A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

2016 A7: Any issues while using telephone with bluetooth?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2016, 10:41 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 A7: Any issues while using telephone with bluetooth?

I have a 2016 A7. Often during long conversations (say 10 mins long) the other person's voice becomes garbled. To correct the problem, I have to change to my mobile phone's speaker (an iPhone) and then connect back to the Audi.

When talking to the folks at Audi, they suggested that I delete my phone from the car's memory and then add it again. I have done that, but while there appears to be an improvement, the garbling/jumble issue has not gone completely away.

I am scheduled to take the car back to the dealer to have them look at it, but I was wondering if anybody has experienced such an issue before.
Old 06-12-2016, 05:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i don't think that the problem is in the car, 'cause MMI is just a bluetooth speaker for your phone and it's not responsible for connectivity problems.
Old 06-12-2016, 05:26 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stan77
i don't think that the problem is in the car, 'cause MMI is just a bluetooth speaker for your phone and it's not responsible for connectivity problems.
Thank you for the reply and your observation. This issue has never happened in any of my other vehicles so that is what makes me feel that there is something between my Audi and my iPhone that is not working as it should. Thanks again!
Old 06-12-2016, 05:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nicoff
Thank you for the reply and your observation. This issue has never happened in any of my other vehicles so that is what makes me feel that there is something between my Audi and my iPhone that is not working as it should. Thanks again!
just to be sure, try to connect another phone to your MMI, at least it should show you the way where to find the problem. Never expected any problems with any phone and audi bluetooth, but honestly i'm not using it for now, because it's a fckn fail when you're riding with a girl and another girl eventually calling to you and her name pops-up on the screen, then you're starting an actor performance with something like "ahh that bitch from my office, they can't leave me along even when i'm not at work" or "oh, that's my cousin's sister, disturbing me again about their third brother upcoming second wedding", for me it's better to turn that **** off