A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

2016 A7 Finally delivered!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2015, 04:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 A7 Finally delivered!

Submitted my order back in November, and the car was finally delivered on 4/1! Love the car so far; spent about a hour in the garage playing with all the settings after I took it home. The multicontour seating package is a must in my opinion, the massage function is great, I will probably never order another Audi without those seats. Coming from a '12 MB E350, definitely an upgrade, but I do miss a few "convenience" features on the MB, like the Hold function, and to have the GPS disply the upcoming intersecting street name.

Quick question for other A7 Prestige owners with HUD:
While the HUD is cool, but does anyone else find the the reflection of the giant HUD box on the winshield incredibly annoying? Or do you just have to get used to it? Any way to address that issue?

Here is my build. The weather has been crappy here in Chicago, when it gets a little sunny out, I'll try to take and post some pictures.

3.0 TFSI PRESTIGE PACKAGE
HAVANNA BLACK METALLIC
NOUGAT BROWN
BLACK CLOTH HEADLINER
POWER CLOSING DOORS
COLD WEATHER PACKAGE
DRIVER ASSIST PACKAGE
BLACK OPTIC PACKAGE
SPORT PACKAGE
SEATING PACKAGE
Old 04-03-2015, 05:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

congrats and waiting for the pics! Dont know about the others, but I am used to the HUD reflection, you will too....
Old 04-03-2015, 06:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by mutiny22183

Quick question for other A7 Prestige owners with HUD:
While the HUD is cool, but does anyone else find the the reflection of the giant HUD box on the winshield incredibly annoying? Or do you just have to get used to it? Any way to address that issue?
I have never noticed any reflection, just the numbers/icons that project on the glass.
Old 04-03-2015, 06:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

I don't notice the reflectios in mine either
Old 04-03-2015, 12:13 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

How is the Havana Black? I have not seen this in person yet. What dealer in the Chicago area did you use and how was your experience? The closest one to us is in Hoffman Estates.

Thanks
Old 04-03-2015, 12:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, the reflection can be very annoying. It is right in my line of vision. I've had many cars with HUD and this is the first with this problem. Now wait until you see the top of the gauges near the top of the windshield at night.
Old 04-03-2015, 12:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

You can adjust the brightness of the HUD box to help remove the reflection. You can also adjust the height of the projection with a dial on the left side of the dashboard near the light buttons.
Old 04-03-2015, 03:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

welcome aboard, will keep an eye out for you on the Chicago parking lot/expressways

fwiw, had an HUD on an a7 service loaner and did not much appreciate that humpy dash accessory

had a couple MBs, E & S prior, cannot remember what HOLD function was for???

Last edited by a7ubercoupe; 04-03-2015 at 03:53 PM.
Old 04-04-2015, 03:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Baloo588
You can adjust the brightness of the HUD box to help remove the reflection. You can also adjust the height of the projection with a dial on the left side of the dashboard near the light buttons.
The brightness has nothing to do with the glare I'm getting. The HUD can be turned off and it makes no difference.
Old 04-04-2015, 07:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by hifters1
How is the Havana Black? I have not seen this in person yet. What dealer in the Chicago area did you use and how was your experience? The closest one to us is in Hoffman Estates.

Thanks
I am loving the color so far! In low light, the car looks black, and when the sun shines on it, you can see a light brown hue; I think it looks pretty awesome. I purchased the vehicle from Fletcher Jones Audi, and the experience was great. I was able to get 6% off of MSRP with my ACNA membership, and $2k off with loyalty rebate. We got my wife's '15 Q5 from the same dealership and same sales rep. Let me know if you want our sale's rep's info, I can PM it to you.

Quick Reply: 2016 A7 Finally delivered!