A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

2016 Audi A7

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2015, 07:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by derfA8L
Really? I'm guessing their names are Houdini and Copperfield? I have never heard of anyone receiving anything close to 30% off retail on a new A8L (at least not in the US market). Not even a dealer floor demo, or untitled dealer exec car with miles on the OD. I'd really be checking fit and finish for overspray on those cars.

Folks: Seeing is believing !
I am living proof here that such deals are possible.
I got 17.04% off my 2016 Audi A7 which itself people seem to be in denial.

derfA8l: These are not normal deals which every Tom Dick and Harry is going to nail. Secondly they are not going to come to audiworld and post the deal they got to satisfy the inquisitiveness of like 3 ppl.

I am not going to waste any more time trying to defend myself on what deals people got.. Learn to deal with it.
Old 12-26-2015, 10:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 93 Likes on 43 Posts

So far, I've not seen anyone being disrespectful (let's please keep it that way) only voicing skepticism of the OP's discount percentage. A dealer pays 93% and full freight of sticker retail. There is probably another 3-6% on the back end for meeting various dealer incentives (not on one specific car) so it's difficult for many to understand how a dealer could sell way below his cost. The OP put it out there so nothing wrong with others responding accordingly.
Old 12-26-2015, 01:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Negotiating skills don't come in to play this far below invoice, especially the two A8s where he says he knows two people who got 30% off list.

Many things point to something not right. Ones is a discount that nobody has gotten anywhere even remotely close to. The second is that he is a new member and the only thing he posted was about the deal he got. As best as I can tell the only reason he signed up for the forum is to tell us how great of a deal he got.

If he's telling us the whole story and it really is the deal he got, I can understand him not wanted to be called a liar. But with a deal that deep he should also understand our skepticism and not get bent out of shape.

I can only try to put myself in the position of why someone would sign up and post only about the deal and then be offended by our comments. It baffles me. But he does say "seeing is believing", so let's see the bill of sale.
Old 12-26-2015, 02:23 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

as I said previously skepticism is ok..trying to act oversmart or snarky is not.

I am not sure how can you say nobody has ever gotten such a discount - year end, quarter end, month end..these are expensive cars that dont move that quick..Dealers have to meet numbers.

I got 20% off MSRP when I got my 2013 Mercedes.
I got 14% off my 2015 BMW GT.
Here i did 17.04% and still have a little bit of buyers remorse that I didnt do as well as my A8L friends. On top of that I feel Audi care and excessive lease wear protection screwed up my fairly aggressive lease deal as I was not prepared for that and that was the reason I posted it in the first place.

Short story : There are some serious deals out there. Probably folks haven't disclosed them here and/or you dont know what deal who got

btw I was going through my email records: I myself have a email quote for a new 2015 (not 2016) A8 with Sticker of $97330 for $67664. i was not in the market for an A8.
(So dont have any 2016 quotes.)

Next steps: will promptly post pictures when my car is delivered.
jjsC6: post the bill of sale of all your previous transactions and then I will gladly share mine
Old 12-26-2015, 04:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Since the discount stated appears to be considerably beyond what others have been able to negotiate on a new A7 and well below dealer cost (and we have some pretty experienced car buyers here on AudiWorld), as jjsC6 suggested, posting a scan of the bill of sale should prove your case and quiet the naysayers. You can always black out the dealer name, your name, address and tel numbers. If not, well...
Old 12-26-2015, 04:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

uploaded a snapshot of my deal in my albums.. go check it out
Old 12-26-2015, 06:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kk21vg24
as I said previously skepticism is ok..trying to act oversmart or snarky is not.

I am not sure how can you say nobody has ever gotten such a discount - year end, quarter end, month end..these are expensive cars that dont move that quick..Dealers have to meet numbers.

I got 20% off MSRP when I got my 2013 Mercedes.
I got 14% off my 2015 BMW GT.
Here i did 17.04% and still have a little bit of buyers remorse that I didnt do as well as my A8L friends. On top of that I feel Audi care and excessive lease wear protection screwed up my fairly aggressive lease deal as I was not prepared for that and that was the reason I posted it in the first place.

Short story : There are some serious deals out there. Probably folks haven't disclosed them here and/or you dont know what deal who got

btw I was going through my email records: I myself have a email quote for a new 2015 (not 2016) A8 with Sticker of $97330 for $67664. i was not in the market for an A8.
(So dont have any 2016 quotes.)

Next steps: will promptly post pictures when my car is delivered.
jjsC6: post the bill of sale of all your previous transactions and then I will gladly share mine
I'll be glad to post mine if you post yours, but I don't know what the point would be. I'm dead sure that plenty of people got a deal better than mine and I'm not the one who said I got such a great deal.

For the record I bought my 2016 for about $4,000 off list. Let me know if you need me to prove that

I just realized you asked me to post bill of sales for all of my previous transactions. I've now bought 61 four wheel vehicles over the past 42 years. Didn't keep them all. So I guess I'm out of the game

Last edited by jjsC6; 12-26-2015 at 06:04 PM.
Old 12-26-2015, 06:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Umm, you don't have an album created in your profile. Why not just post it here in the thread?
Old 12-26-2015, 08:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Where are your albums? I can't find any
Old 12-26-2015, 08:49 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Will post all other pics after I get my car delivered.

Quick Reply: 2016 Audi A7