A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

2016 Audi Connect

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2015, 06:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think it effects every 2016. I believe it has to do with when the SIM card was manufactured and if AT&T shipped it already locked.
Old 07-17-2015, 05:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in a 2016. Contacted AofA and was told I would get a call from a supervisor regarding the issue and receiving a new sim.
Old 07-18-2015, 12:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by viggense
Go to Audiusa.com and click myAudi. On that screen, scroll down and click 'contact us'. It should give you an option to call, e-mail, or chat. I used chat and was able to get a transcript of the conversation just in case the dealer had any reservations.
So I got a different answer from AoA on this. After I emailed them from the website, they called me back within a day. But they say it's nothing to do with the sim. They suggested creating new account & resets, which I had already tried before with no luck.

He also suggested a hard reset by pressing "Menu+Center ****+top right button" for 10 secs to see if that solves the problem. I'll try that today.

Please let me know once you get your new sim and if solves that problem. Good luck!
Old 07-22-2015, 05:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mayankag
So I got a different answer from AoA on this. After I emailed them from the website, they called me back within a day. But they say it's nothing to do with the sim. They suggested creating new account & resets, which I had already tried before with no luck.

He also suggested a hard reset by pressing "Menu+Center ****+top right button" for 10 secs to see if that solves the problem. I'll try that today.

Please let me know once you get your new sim and if solves that problem. Good luck!
Sooooo....I got the new SIM card and now I have NO functionality. I tried the reset of the MMI- no joy. AT&T deleted and recreated my account- no joy. Now I am waiting for AoA and AT&T to figure out what to do next.
Old 07-22-2015, 06:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I would highly recommend you guys to remove the SIM and get another one from the dealer. Then recreate a new account on ATT with the SIM Card number. This is the best and cleanest way to do it properly.
Old 07-22-2015, 06:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Ouch that sucks! Wish you luck man.. keep us posted..!
Old 07-23-2015, 09:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Baloo588
I would highly recommend you guys to remove the SIM and get another one from the dealer. Then recreate a new account on ATT with the SIM Card number. This is the best and cleanest way to do it properly.
That is what they tried to do with the second SIM card which is now not working at all. I am waiting for the third SIM card to arrive.....

Third SIM card installed...and now I am back to having the original issue. I called Audi again and apparently there is a select number of 2016 A6/7 models with this issue. They are still trying to come to a resolution.

Last edited by viggense; 07-26-2015 at 04:47 PM.
Old 07-27-2015, 11:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Smh. I was excited to get my new sim thinking this would be a solution but looks like not. Don't care to try it only to be s.o.l all around. Speaking of issues, when you all use the online destinations feature with audi connect, do you experience issues where the street number isn't included?
Old 08-01-2015, 08:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Resolution....sort of

After getting the regional tech support involved, turns out it is operating as it is supposed to. According to the tech rep, the new system asks for the myAudi PIN every time you start the car and try to access your destinations from your account to ensure it is getting the most up to date information and also to keep other drivers from getting into your account. All of the other connected services will not require you to do this. Not sure how much I buy it but not worth the headache of trying to escalate considering it is a minor annoyance (at least to me). Curious to see if anyone else comes up with a different resolution.
Old 08-03-2015, 07:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by viggense
After getting the regional tech support involved, turns out it is operating as it is supposed to. According to the tech rep, the new system asks for the myAudi PIN every time you start the car and try to access your destinations from your account to ensure it is getting the most up to date information and also to keep other drivers from getting into your account. All of the other connected services will not require you to do this. Not sure how much I buy it but not worth the headache of trying to escalate considering it is a minor annoyance (at least to me). Curious to see if anyone else comes up with a different resolution.
Interesting. So if this is the case, why would audi connect even entertain the idea of sending new sim cards to individuals experiencing this? I received mine in the mail but have yet to go to the dealer just because someone mentioned having no access to audi connect at all after attempting to change sims. Also, when i brought this issue up to my SA, his response was that it shouldn't require you doing that so maybe it was just a little glitch. How are SA not up to date on this security feature if so. Anyway, I digress. This is very frustrating in my opinion. If anything, the entering of the pin upon every start up should be an option in the car settings not a mandatory feature.

Last edited by gema7; 08-03-2015 at 07:29 AM.

Quick Reply: 2016 Audi Connect