2016 MY Black Optic Wheel Change During Production ? - AudiWorld Forums

A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

2016 MY Black Optic Wheel Change During Production ?

Old 02-17-2017, 09:09 AM   #1
Audiworld Junior Member

Default 2016 MY Black Optic Wheel Change During Production ?

Does anyone know if at some point in the 2016MY A7 production the standard wheel that comes as part of the black optic package switched from the 5 Double Spoke Titanium Matte to the (as shown on 2017 MY) 5 Spoke W Design High Gloss Black.

The reason I ask is I am looking at some leftover 2016 A7 at few dealers and I am seeing the 2017 wheel design on some of them....and I actually like the older design better.

I am trying to get one of the dealers to send me a copy of the window sticker so I can see what it says.
msn_badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 11:53 AM   #2
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Answered my own question.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by msn_badger View Post
Does anyone know if at some point in the 2016MY A7 production the standard wheel that comes as part of the black optic package switched from the 5 Double Spoke Titanium Matte to the (as shown on 2017 MY) 5 Spoke W Design High Gloss Black.....
Audi USA sent me a PDF of the Monroney (which by the way I just learned today they will do that for ANY VIN you send them assuming they have it in their system at no charge).

The 20" W design were on there as a no charge option in lieu of the 2016 20" black optic wheel.

THEN I went back and more closely scrutinized the 2016 A7 order guide and SURE ENOUGH...you could order the black optic package but at no charge get the 20" W design wheels instead of the 20" 5 double spoke titanium matte that were standard with black optic.

Not sure why they went to that W design for the 2017 MY black optic package - I do prefer the 2016 one.

In any case - there you go in case anyone wanted to know.
msn_badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 01:29 AM   #3
AudiWorld Member

The W design wheel is forged alloy, the 5 double spoke is cast. Yet in markets where you can option either version, the titanium version of the 5 double spoke costs more than the W design. Weird, but Audi often do weird things with their wheels.
Glisse is offline   Reply With Quote