A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

2016 US Order Guide

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2014, 09:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mutiny22183
I put down the deposit to build a 2016 A7 Prestige (Driver Assistance plus/Cold Weather/20" Black Optic) yesterday, and the dealer gave me a early to mid April, 2015 delivery date. Pricing is unknown, but I was told to expect a 1.5 - 3% increase from the 2015 MSRP. I'm hoping that the price will not turn out to be too expensive, and I was told by the dealer that if we cannot come to an agreement on pricing/terms, the build deposit ($1000) is refundable.

I currently have a 2012 MB E350, and there are two features of the car that I love, and am wondering if the A7 has simliar features. First one is the "Hold" function, where at a stop if I apply a little more pressure to the break, the car will hold, and I can take my foot off the break without having to shift the car into N or P. Second is with the navigation system, it will also display the upcoming intersection street/road name on the top of the map, which I find it very useful when driving in unfamiliar neighborhoods.

So a few questions for you all..

*Are the MB features mentioned above available on the A7?
*If you have also ordered a 2016 A7, what options/packages did you go with?
*I've heard bad things about the bass output on the Bose systems, but looks like the Boss system on the 2016 comes with a sub, any word on if the sound quality has improved from 2015 to 2016?
*Is the Driver Assistance plus package worth it? (I noticed that A7 does not have the top view option like the A6, but it does have corner view cameras, so that's kind of cool. Not sure if I really need the active lane assist, or the high beam assistant, etc)
*Since I am getting the 20" black optic package (bi-color, 5 spoke W design, contrasting gray, partly polished wheels), any idea what the wheels will look like? Will the 20" 5 double spoke whees, titanium matte wheels look better?

It will be the first time for me to own an Audi, so any additional comments/suggestions are much appreciated!
I like navs that show the next street as well. The A7 does not show it, but the Google map is amazing and most street names do show on the map. My BMW sucks at that. It seems to only show names of parallel streets to the one I am on, which is totally worthless to me.

The Bose is fairly good sounding except for the bass. If that is important I'd find a good stereo shop and investigate upgrades to the Sub. BTW, subs have always been part of the Bose package. I cannot speak for the base system.
Old 12-05-2014, 12:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didnt know people had complaints about the bass in the A7. I have an infiniti g37 now that has bose speakers and the bass is superb. I expected that to transfer over in the A7. One of the reasons I'm planning on going prestige over premium plus.
Old 12-05-2014, 02:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by gema7
I didnt know people had complaints about the bass in the A7. I have an infiniti g37 now that has bose speakers and the bass is superb. I expected that to transfer over in the A7. One of the reasons I'm planning on going prestige over premium plus.
I've owned many cars over many years with Bose systems. That is the problem with them....you never know what you are going to get. Their name has become pretty worthless as they have sold out what was once a quality name.
Old 12-05-2014, 08:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Well all that being said, does the bang olufsen speaker option produce any better output when it comes to bass? Very few seem to agree that the 5k is worth the b&o option yet the bose speakers are lacking when it comes to bass. Wouldn't consider that a reason not to buy a car but thats a tad disappointing for a car in this class.
Old 12-07-2014, 03:05 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone know the color of the car on page 1 of the order guide? Is that the Cuvee or Florette Silver Metallic?
Old 12-07-2014, 05:09 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Also, what are you guys' thoughts on Havanna black metallic exterior with the black optic package? Would that be too much black?
Old 12-07-2014, 05:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by mutiny22183
Also, what are you guys' thoughts on Havanna black metallic exterior with the black optic package? Would that be too much black?
Probably not as the black optic wheels are not truly black. But we'll have to see them. I actually don't think I have seen an A7 with the black optic package, but I have seen a number of A6s with it. A guy I work with has a black A6 with the black optic package and it looks fine.
Old 12-07-2014, 05:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Any one know the difference between the Phantom Black and Mythos Black. Phantom is no longer available on the A 7.
Old 12-07-2014, 06:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jjsC6
Probably not as the black optic wheels are not truly black. But we'll have to see them. I actually don't think I have seen an A7 with the black optic package, but I have seen a number of A6s with it. A guy I work with has a black A6 with the black optic package and it looks fine.
Thanks for your input! Also, looks like we can build the 2016 A7 on Home < Audi (UK Audi site)..and the Havanna Black looks pretty good with the black optic package.
Old 01-20-2015, 07:59 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default 2016 A/S6 A/S/RS 7 Order Guide WITH Pricing

Was hoping the individual contour seating option would be around $2k, but looks like it's going to cost me $3450 I hope it's worth the cost! Anyone currnetly with individual contour seating care to comment?
Attached Files

Quick Reply: 2016 US Order Guide