A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

2016 US Order Guide

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 02:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by amelen
Your dealer has cars that made it out of production? According to AoA, none of the 2016's bound for america have started production yet (although it should start any day). I placed my order 2 months ago and am not in production yet (was told I'm towards the front of the production queue though). No guarantees that AoA isn't making a mistake, but I haven't heard of any other members who's cars have made it to production yet.
That's what they're telling me since placing an order wouldn't get me a car until April. I could possibly have one off the lot sooner. No way of really knowing where the 16s are unless someone has a contact at the ports.
Old 01-26-2015, 02:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default 2016 Audi S6 pricing

I got a call from my dealer today and they have pricing on the S6 2016.

They are locking down orders for production, but i do not have a delivery date.

I am getting push back on my dealer on pricing. A couple of folks mentioned the ability to get 6% off MSRP. How did you get that?

My order is: Misano Red, Black interior, cold weather and sport packages.

Thoughts?

Rkothari
Old 01-26-2015, 03:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by rkothari

I am getting push back on my dealer on pricing. A couple of folks mentioned the ability to get 6% off MSRP. How did you get that?

Thoughts?

Rkothari
Most of us getting 6% off of MSRP on a build is either part of the supplier's program or a member of the Audi Club of North America. If you join ACNA, you can purchase a new Audi at participating dealerships with 6% off of MSRP after being a member for 6 months. If you don't have 6 months until delivery, you can join ACNA as a lifetime member, and you'll be able to get the 6% immediately; I believe the cost for lifetime membership is around $750.
Old 01-26-2015, 04:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by rkothari

Thoughts?

Rkothari
6% + AudiCare is what I got on mine. Before the supplier discount I was at 5% (without AC). If they're not at or close to that level without bringing supplier pricing into the mix then I'd start calling other dealers.
Old 01-27-2015, 04:00 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for the heads up. That is what i suspected.
Old 01-29-2015, 06:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jjsC6
I like navs that show the next street as well. The A7 does not show it, but the Google map is amazing and most street names do show on the map. My BMW sucks at that. It seems to only show names of parallel streets to the one I am on, which is totally worthless to me.

The Bose is fairly good sounding except for the bass. If that is important I'd find a good stereo shop and investigate upgrades to the Sub. BTW, subs have always been part of the Bose package. I cannot speak for the base system.
Regarding the bass I have 2013 A7 and love the car but still frustrated with the bass output and have the bose package. I upgraded my subwoofer to a 10W6v3-D4 in a sealed box and and alpine mrv-m500. This significantly increased the lower bass output and definitely happy i had the remote **** installed to be able to adjust the output. The one thing I unfortunately I am still missing is the tight mid bass punchy feel I was looking for. I had spoken to a few car audio shops in chicago and miami and they both said it would be significant investment of 1.5k - 2k to upgrade that because of how the bose processes the interior speakers from the head unit. To put it in perspective I rented a ford fusion and the mid bass was significantly better.

If anyone else has achieved a solution for better mid bass would love to hear about it.
Old 01-30-2015, 03:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jehanA7
Regarding the bass I have 2013 A7 and love the car but still frustrated with the bass output and have the bose package. I upgraded my subwoofer to a 10W6v3-D4 in a sealed box and and alpine mrv-m500. This significantly increased the lower bass output and definitely happy i had the remote **** installed to be able to adjust the output. The one thing I unfortunately I am still missing is the tight mid bass punchy feel I was looking for. I had spoken to a few car audio shops in chicago and miami and they both said it would be significant investment of 1.5k - 2k to upgrade that because of how the bose processes the interior speakers from the head unit. To put it in perspective I rented a ford fusion and the mid bass was significantly better.

If anyone else has achieved a solution for better mid bass would love to hear about it.
Thanks for the response. Good luck and keep us posted on any improvements. So far I'm just learning to live with it.
Old 01-30-2015, 10:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Did you update the MMI software on the A7?? Theres an update that boost the bass and people over on the A6 and A8 forums are happy.

Last edited by Baloo588; 02-18-2015 at 07:18 PM.