A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

2017 Audi USA Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2016, 07:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default 2017 Audi USA Pricing

I thought you guys might be interested in the link below, with summarizes the 2017 models. While the 2017 A7 is getting Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, and a new Competition Edition is being introduced, are we to assume that the 2017 model will not include any of the European updates, like new color and inlay options, updated bumpers and styling, inductive charging, tablets in rear seats, etc.? If so, that's a big disappointment, and I don't understand Audi USA's logic in not implementing those updates. I will now likely start looking into the new E-Class and XF to see how they stack up.

https://www.audiusa.com/newsroom/new...017-model-year
Old 05-18-2016, 09:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe we are getting the inductive charging. I want to say my SA mentioned it as a feature but dont quote me on that. Isn't it also offered in the Q7? If not i'll be incredibly disappointed. I have always given audi credit for their ahead of the game tech features. That ultimately lead me to go with the A7 over 6 series. But bmw has stepped it up. I had the chance to go look at the 17 650 model yesterday which had those features among others.
Old 05-18-2016, 12:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by gema7
I believe we are getting the inductive charging. I want to say my SA mentioned it as a feature but dont quote me on that. Isn't it also offered in the Q7? If not i'll be incredibly disappointed. I have always given audi credit for their ahead of the game tech features. That ultimately lead me to go with the A7 over 6 series. But bmw has stepped it up. I had the chance to go look at the 17 650 model yesterday which had those features among others.
I hope you're right because I think that's a great feature, but I'm guessing Audi would have mentioned that in the press release, no? I'll be interested to see the updated order guide too. I saw the order guide issued in early April but I'm guessing it's been revised.

The 6 series looks nice, although I've never driven one. I've always been turned off by BMW's interiors, but over the years they've gotten much better. But regarding tech, I would say most manufacturers have caught up or surpassed Audi. I mean I'm glad the A7 has finally caught up to Hyundai and now offers CarPlay/Auto! And it looks like the new E-Class currently blows Audi away (at the least the A6/A7) in terms of tech, although the exterior styling seems bland, which, in my opinion, is typical for that model.

I was really hoping for some new colors and inlays like the European 2017 model, but chances are we'll see the same blacks, whites, and grays...blah.
Old 05-18-2016, 04:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by OldSchool24
I hope you're right because I think that's a great feature, but I'm guessing Audi would have mentioned that in the press release, no? I'll be interested to see the updated order guide too. I saw the order guide issued in early April but I'm guessing it's been revised.

The 6 series looks nice, although I've never driven one. I've always been turned off by BMW's interiors, but over the years they've gotten much better. But regarding tech, I would say most manufacturers have caught up or surpassed Audi. I mean I'm glad the A7 has finally caught up to Hyundai and now offers CarPlay/Auto! And it looks like the new E-Class currently blows Audi away (at the least the A6/A7) in terms of tech, although the exterior styling seems bland, which, in my opinion, is typical for that model.

I was really hoping for some new colors and inlays like the European 2017 model, but chances are we'll see the same blacks, whites, and grays...blah.
What new features are included in the new E class? I took a look at the E before deciding on the 16' A7 last year and was underimpressed. No in car wifi, no Google maps, and no in dash display. Also don't remember any aplicable app features. But overall, I found the styling rather lack luster which turned me off. I think the 6 series is nice but the 15k price difference I couldn't justify. But I'm reconsidering for this new model year.
Old 05-18-2016, 05:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by gema7
What new features are included in the new E class? I took a look at the E before deciding on the 16' A7 last year and was underimpressed. No in car wifi, no Google maps, and no in dash display. Also don't remember any aplicable app features. But overall, I found the styling rather lack luster which turned me off. I think the 6 series is nice but the 15k price difference I couldn't justify. But I'm reconsidering for this new model year.
Agreed, but I was referring to the '17 E, which is due to arrive in dealerships this summer. Below is pretty good article from cnet that highlights all the tech. It's has a lot of cool, "look what my car can do," stuff in it. The styling also seems to be a bit better than in the past, but I prefer the A7 styling (or even the A6 for that matter).

I'm in a '14 A6 Prestige now and trying to determine what I should get next. Don't get me wrong, the A7 is a great car, but I just wish there was a bit more that separated it from my current car, other than the exterior styling and Car Play/Auto. Maybe I'll check out the 6 series, but it's probably more than I want to spend.

2017 Mercedes-Benz E Class Release Date, Price and Specs - Roadshow
Old 05-18-2016, 08:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Wow. Tremendous strides in tech for benz. Glad to see them back on their a-game. But disappointing to see the style conform to the c-class. I am a fan of what they've done to the c-class but there appears to be no visible distinction in styling between the models. Literally none. Unless i'm missing some ques.
Old 05-19-2016, 06:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Driving the A6 vs A7 which I both have are different. The A7 feels heavier, more smoother and more luxurious and better stability then the A6. I have the 2016 Audi A7 3.0T with the sports package and 2014 Audi A6 TDI with sports package. The A7 has softer brakes though which is a bit annoying so I am going to upgrade them with slotted/drilled rotors.

As for the technology, I wonder and hope that we can put Audi android car play in my updated 2016 A7.
Old 05-19-2016, 09:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Baloo588
Driving the A6 vs A7 which I both have are different. The A7 feels heavier, more smoother and more luxurious and better stability then the A6. I have the 2016 Audi A7 3.0T with the sports package and 2014 Audi A6 TDI with sports package. The A7 has softer brakes though which is a bit annoying so I am going to upgrade them with slotted/drilled rotors.

As for the technology, I wonder and hope that we can put Audi android car play in my updated 2016 A7.
Very interesting. I recently test drove the 2016 A7 and did find it to have a heavier feeling than my 2014 A6 with the sports package. The A7 didn't have the sports package, so it was hoping that it would feel a bit more nimble with the sports package.

The different brake feel is surprising. Speaking of brakes, my rear brake rotor hubs are completely rusted. Looks bad. I was wondering if the brake rotors on the new A7 were less prone to rust than the ones on my 2014 A6. I don't know if your cars have been exposed to snow and salt like mine have, but do you see any differences in rust or the composition of the brake materials in the two cars?

And the Android and Apple systems might just be software updates, but I don't know. Just speculating...
Old 05-19-2016, 09:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by OldSchool24
Very interesting. I recently test drove the 2016 A7 and did find it to have a heavier feeling than my 2014 A6 with the sports package. The A7 didn't have the sports package, so it was hoping that it would feel a bit more nimble with the sports package.

The different brake feel is surprising. Speaking of brakes, my rear brake rotor hubs are completely rusted. Looks bad. I was wondering if the brake rotors on the new A7 were less prone to rust than the ones on my 2014 A6. I don't know if your cars have been exposed to snow and salt like mine have, but do you see any differences in rust or the composition of the brake materials in the two cars?

And the Android and Apple systems might just be software updates, but I don't know. Just speculating...
The standard A7 suspension doesn't feel taut like the sports suspension which is why you may have to drive the 2016 A7 with it. They also revised the damping and the steering feel in the 2016 refresh last years so my A7 feels more refined then the A6 and the steering in the A7 is a bit heavier then the A6. Be aware that I have Michelin Pilot Sport AS3 tires which are great blend of handling, road feel and comfort over the standard tires so that is why the steering is heavier with the wider tires on the A7 vs the A6 with these Michelins. The standard continentals on the A7 and pirellis on the A6 felt sluggish and numb. I also have thicker sway bars from eurocode on my A7 to make it nimbler which is a big step up. As for the brakes, the biggest thing is that the new A7 brakes do not dust like the A6 and the rotors have been pretty good on both cars despite the harsh winters we get. No rust on either of them. I would have the dealer shave or power wash your rotors.