A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

A7 Exclusive Color On The Way!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 12:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A7 Exclusive Color In Red On The Way!

At long last my A7 Prestige is on its way across the Atlantic.

I wanted an Exclusive Color and agonized over Sepang, Misano Red and Brilliant Red. Loved them all but in the end figured if Brilliant Red is good enough for the R8 it's good enough for me. Like my friend's Misano S5 so I went back and forth until it was time to make the final call.

Went with the 19" tires since I have young kids that I don't want bouncing around too much in the back.

The dealer tell me it should be here in late March when I'll look for some ceramic tinting, a custom subwoofer upgrade, and possible clear bra protection.

Last edited by onthebeam; 03-02-2014 at 12:56 PM. Reason: headline
Old 03-01-2014, 07:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by onthebeam
At long last my A7 Prestige is on its way across the Atlantic.

I wanted an Exclusive Color and agonized over Sepang, Misano Red and Brilliant Red. Loved them all but in the end figured if Brilliant Red is good enough for the R8 it's good enough for me. Like my friend's Misano S5 so I went back and forth until it was time to make the final call.

Went with the 19" tires since I have young kids that I don't want bouncing around too much in the back.

The dealer tell me it should be here in late March when I'll look for some ceramic tinting, a custom subwoofer upgrade, and possible clear bra protection.
My dealer tells me my A7 Prestige arrives the houston port on March 6th. from there a week to get to seattle. ordering a car and waiting three months is a painful exercise.
Old 03-02-2014, 05:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chawk
My dealer tells me my A7 Prestige arrives the houston port on March 6th. from there a week to get to seattle. ordering a car and waiting three months is a painful exercise.
It's anxiety provoking indeed, but worth it to get the ride you want. I ordered my '13 mid December 2012, and it arrived mid March 2013.

Good call on the 19"s, they're alot easier to clean, and I like the open design; gives it a "rakish" look.

Best of luck, you'll enjoy it. Give the kids "Rick's car Rules" - "No feets on the seats, no eating and keep your hands off the glass". It worked - most of the time.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Rick Pardo
It's anxiety provoking indeed, but worth it to get the ride you want. I ordered my '13 mid December 2012, and it arrived mid March 2013.

Good call on the 19"s, they're alot easier to clean, and I like the open design; gives it a "rakish" look.

Best of luck, you'll enjoy it. Give the kids "Rick's car Rules" - "No feets on the seats, no eating and keep your hands off the glass". It worked - most of the time.
Great points, Rick. My kids are now 8 and 10, having been weaned on my earlier Bimmer 323ci and current Infiniti G35. They have been pretty good considering their relative youth!

My last two cars had light beige leather and it's just nearly impossible to keep clean. This time went with the dark brown saddle leather interior for the A7 as well as the ash trim. We have similar seats for my wife's Genesis and like it a lot.

Chawk, I haven't found the 3-4 month wait to be a big deal. I knew up front and was willing to wait to get what I want without paying for features I don't. Since I like my current car very much the current swan song is a happy one as I begin to ready the Inifiniti for its next happy owner.

I ordered in November and think a wait until late March is more than fair considering that's it's custom built and needs to swim its way across the pond.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Great points, Rick. My kids are now 8 and 10, having been weaned on my earlier Bimmer 323ci and current Infiniti G35. They have been pretty good considering their relative youth!

My last two cars had light beige leather and it's just nearly impossible to keep clean. This time went with the dark brown saddle leather interior for the A7 as well as the ash trim. We have similar seats for my wife's Genesis and like it a lot.

Chawk, I haven't found the 3-4 month wait to be a big deal. I knew up front and was willing to wait to get what I want without paying for features I don't. Since I like my current car very much the current swan song is a happy one as I begin to ready the Inifiniti for its next happy owner.

I ordered in November and think a wait until late March is more than fair considering that's it's custom built and needs to swim its way across the pond.
Agree its worth the wait to get exactly what I wanted. Its just been 14 years since I had a new car. it looks like the dealer is going to be within a few days of what they told me back in December. I'll post pics in a few weeks.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by chawk
Agree its worth the wait to get exactly what I wanted. Its just been 14 years since I had a new car. it looks like the dealer is going to be within a few days of what they told me back in December. I'll post pics in a few weeks.
What color and options did you order, Chawk?
Old 03-29-2014, 07:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

She's home!

Love the Brilliant Red. It complements the lines of the A7 beautifully. Didn't get a complex first drive since it was raining hard and tornadoes were supposedly in the area. But had a pleasant 100 mile highway drive home.

No complaints about the 19" Goodyear LS2s so far. They gripped the wet interstate well and were quiet although I'm guessing they won't corner too well. Easy to remedy that with tires down the road.

Also, the Nougat Brown seats really complement the exterior well.

Promise to post pix soon.
Old 03-29-2014, 11:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

She's home!

Love the Brilliant Red. It complements the lines of the A7 beautifully. Didn't get a complex first drive since it was raining hard and tornadoes were supposedly in the area. But had a pleasant 100 mile highway drive home.

No complaints about the 19" Goodyear LS2s so far. They gripped the wet interstate well and were quiet although I'm guessing they won't corner too well. Easy to remedy that with tires down the road.

Also, the Nougat Brown seats really complement the exterior well.

Promise to post pix soon.

Congrats on the car. I know you will enjoy it to the max. Kind of reminds me of last summer when I got mine with a 50 mile break in over 3 days prior to my 1100+ mile drive back home to PA. As for last night, got pretty stormy here in Hallandale about 9PM last night. Which part of FL are you located. a couple of us are going to try to meet in about 10 days (pkwykid, Antonio78 and myself).
Old 03-30-2014, 01:00 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

You guys let me know in advanced the date of the meet up. Maybe one Friday at the tower shops where all the cars meet up.
Old 03-30-2014, 06:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Picked it up at Audi North Orlando. The were great to deal with. Autonation is opening a second Audi dealer in Orlando in a week. Looks impressive from outside--have never dealt with an Autonation dealer, though.

So you guys are all around Ft. Lauderdale somewhere? I'm in Gainesville and don't know of any other A7 owners here.

Would be fun to meet up if not this time then down the road. I'll be in Sarasota with the car Thurs and Friday and am looking into a custom sub enclosure and tinting next.

Mitodad, what's your Crystalline percentage? I looked at the 40 and would even consider the 50. I want a lighter tint so it's not too dark looking out the sides. Since I'm a photographer, I still like the view! Mainly want to do the tint to knock back the heat.

Funny, I was driving home and THOUGHT I hit the button on the side to crank up the AC through the perforated seats. Instead seats got SUPER HOT! Think I should have hit the button below instead! There must be a manual around here somewhere . . .

Last edited by onthebeam; 03-30-2014 at 07:44 AM.

Quick Reply: A7 Exclusive Color On The Way!