A7 Exclusive Color On The Way! - AudiWorld Forums

Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A7 / S7 / RS 7 > A7
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

A7 Exclusive Color On The Way!

Reply
 
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-01-2014, 12:28 PM   #1
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 200
Default A7 Exclusive Color In Red On The Way!

At long last my A7 Prestige is on its way across the Atlantic.

I wanted an Exclusive Color and agonized over Sepang, Misano Red and Brilliant Red. Loved them all but in the end figured if Brilliant Red is good enough for the R8 it's good enough for me. Like my friend's Misano S5 so I went back and forth until it was time to make the final call.

Went with the 19" tires since I have young kids that I don't want bouncing around too much in the back.


The dealer tell me it should be here in late March when I'll look for some ceramic tinting, a custom subwoofer upgrade, and possible clear bra protection.

Last edited by onthebeam; 03-02-2014 at 12:56 PM. Reason: headline
onthebeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 07:01 PM   #2
Audiworld Junior Member
 
chawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthebeam View Post
At long last my A7 Prestige is on its way across the Atlantic.

I wanted an Exclusive Color and agonized over Sepang, Misano Red and Brilliant Red. Loved them all but in the end figured if Brilliant Red is good enough for the R8 it's good enough for me. Like my friend's Misano S5 so I went back and forth until it was time to make the final call.

Went with the 19" tires since I have young kids that I don't want bouncing around too much in the back.


The dealer tell me it should be here in late March when I'll look for some ceramic tinting, a custom subwoofer upgrade, and possible clear bra protection.
My dealer tells me my A7 Prestige arrives the houston port on March 6th. from there a week to get to seattle. ordering a car and waiting three months is a painful exercise.
__________________
2014 A7 3.O TFSI Sport
Glacier White - Black Optic - Velvet Beige Dark - LED
Inovation - Driver Assist - B&O
chawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 05:47 AM   #3
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Delray Beach FL
Posts: 550
Send a message via AIM to Rick Pardo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chawk View Post
My dealer tells me my A7 Prestige arrives the houston port on March 6th. from there a week to get to seattle. ordering a car and waiting three months is a painful exercise.
It's anxiety provoking indeed, but worth it to get the ride you want. I ordered my '13 mid December 2012, and it arrived mid March 2013.

Good call on the 19"s, they're alot easier to clean, and I like the open design; gives it a "rakish" look.

Best of luck, you'll enjoy it. Give the kids "Rick's car Rules" - "No feets on the seats, no eating and keep your hands off the glass". It worked - most of the time.
__________________
Rick Pardo (aka "PKWY KID", FL plate)

Now:

'13 Garnet Pearl/Beige w/Peat/Prestige Pkge/Side Assist/19"Sport/3rd Rear/Full LED's/Debadged/Reprogrammed;
'11 A5 'Vert; Aurum Beige Metallic/Cream Interior/Brown Top; Premium Plus w/Nav; Body colored front filler panel,Tips;

Gone but not forgotten:

'09 TL SH/AWD W/Technology pkg, 19's; Grigio Grey metallic/Umber interior;
'04 Saab 9-3 'Vert Aero Pkg; Black over Pearl;
'01 2.7QTipS, Cashmere/Melange, Debadged,smoked tails and side markers, Summer Wheels/Tires, Coded 00032;
'99.5 A42.8QTipS, Laser/Opal, Debadged, Cosmetics, Summer Wheels/Tires - Sold;
Rick Pardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 08:54 AM   #4
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 200
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Pardo View Post
It's anxiety provoking indeed, but worth it to get the ride you want. I ordered my '13 mid December 2012, and it arrived mid March 2013.

Good call on the 19"s, they're alot easier to clean, and I like the open design; gives it a "rakish" look.

Best of luck, you'll enjoy it. Give the kids "Rick's car Rules" - "No feets on the seats, no eating and keep your hands off the glass". It worked - most of the time.
Great points, Rick. My kids are now 8 and 10, having been weaned on my earlier Bimmer 323ci and current Infiniti G35. They have been pretty good considering their relative youth!

My last two cars had light beige leather and it's just nearly impossible to keep clean. This time went with the dark brown saddle leather interior for the A7 as well as the ash trim. We have similar seats for my wife's Genesis and like it a lot.

Chawk, I haven't found the 3-4 month wait to be a big deal. I knew up front and was willing to wait to get what I want without paying for features I don't. Since I like my current car very much the current swan song is a happy one as I begin to ready the Inifiniti for its next happy owner.

I ordered in November and think a wait until late March is more than fair considering that's it's custom built and needs to swim its way across the pond.
onthebeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 09:19 PM   #5
Audiworld Junior Member
 
chawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthebeam View Post
Great points, Rick. My kids are now 8 and 10, having been weaned on my earlier Bimmer 323ci and current Infiniti G35. They have been pretty good considering their relative youth!

My last two cars had light beige leather and it's just nearly impossible to keep clean. This time went with the dark brown saddle leather interior for the A7 as well as the ash trim. We have similar seats for my wife's Genesis and like it a lot.

Chawk, I haven't found the 3-4 month wait to be a big deal. I knew up front and was willing to wait to get what I want without paying for features I don't. Since I like my current car very much the current swan song is a happy one as I begin to ready the Inifiniti for its next happy owner.

I ordered in November and think a wait until late March is more than fair considering that's it's custom built and needs to swim its way across the pond.
Agree its worth the wait to get exactly what I wanted. Its just been 14 years since I had a new car. it looks like the dealer is going to be within a few days of what they told me back in December. I'll post pics in a few weeks.
__________________
2014 A7 3.O TFSI Sport
Glacier White - Black Optic - Velvet Beige Dark - LED
Inovation - Driver Assist - B&O
chawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 10:30 AM   #6
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 200
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chawk View Post
Agree its worth the wait to get exactly what I wanted. Its just been 14 years since I had a new car. it looks like the dealer is going to be within a few days of what they told me back in December. I'll post pics in a few weeks.
What color and options did you order, Chawk?
onthebeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:46 PM   #7
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 200
Default

She's home!

Love the Brilliant Red. It complements the lines of the A7 beautifully. Didn't get a complex first drive since it was raining hard and tornadoes were supposedly in the area. But had a pleasant 100 mile highway drive home.

No complaints about the 19" Goodyear LS2s so far. They gripped the wet interstate well and were quiet although I'm guessing they won't corner too well. Easy to remedy that with tires down the road.

Also, the Nougat Brown seats really complement the exterior well.

Promise to post pix soon.
onthebeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 11:01 PM   #8
AudiWorld Member
 
Mitodad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: USA (FL and PA)
Posts: 163
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthebeam View Post
She's home!

Love the Brilliant Red. It complements the lines of the A7 beautifully. Didn't get a complex first drive since it was raining hard and tornadoes were supposedly in the area. But had a pleasant 100 mile highway drive home.

No complaints about the 19" Goodyear LS2s so far. They gripped the wet interstate well and were quiet although I'm guessing they won't corner too well. Easy to remedy that with tires down the road.

Also, the Nougat Brown seats really complement the exterior well.

Promise to post pix soon.

Congrats on the car. I know you will enjoy it to the max. Kind of reminds me of last summer when I got mine with a 50 mile break in over 3 days prior to my 1100+ mile drive back home to PA. As for last night, got pretty stormy here in Hallandale about 9PM last night. Which part of FL are you located. a couple of us are going to try to meet in about 10 days (pkwykid, Antonio78 and myself).
__________________
A7 2014 Prestige Ibis White, Velvet Beige with Peat carpet and tan Weather Tech front/rear/hatch digital fit liners, Full LED, Driver Assist and Innovation Pkgs, Layered Oak, 20" Sport Pkg, Rear air bags, 3M Black roof wrap, X-Pel Ultimate complete wrap except for roof, 3M Crystalline window tint excluding windshield but including sunroof, Vossen Graphite with machined face CVVS 7 rims. Just Plasti-Dipped chrome including grill and emblems, mirrors wrapped in Carbon Fiber and have AWE Diamond Black Quad-tip Touring exhaust with S-7 valance.
Mitodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 01:00 AM   #9
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 11
Default

You guys let me know in advanced the date of the meet up. Maybe one Friday at the tower shops where all the cars meet up.
antonio78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 06:18 AM   #10
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 200
Default

Picked it up at Audi North Orlando. The were great to deal with. Autonation is opening a second Audi dealer in Orlando in a week. Looks impressive from outside--have never dealt with an Autonation dealer, though.

So you guys are all around Ft. Lauderdale somewhere? I'm in Gainesville and don't know of any other A7 owners here.

Would be fun to meet up if not this time then down the road. I'll be in Sarasota with the car Thurs and Friday and am looking into a custom sub enclosure and tinting next.

Mitodad, what's your Crystalline percentage? I looked at the 40 and would even consider the 50. I want a lighter tint so it's not too dark looking out the sides. Since I'm a photographer, I still like the view! Mainly want to do the tint to knock back the heat.

Funny, I was driving home and THOUGHT I hit the button on the side to crank up the AC through the perforated seats. Instead seats got SUPER HOT! Think I should have hit the button below instead! There must be a manual around here somewhere . . .

Last edited by onthebeam; 03-30-2014 at 07:44 AM.
onthebeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 09:19 AM   #11
AudiWorld Member
 
Mitodad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: USA (FL and PA)
Posts: 163
Default

Hi,

As I have the car registered in PA they only allow 70% light transmission (and the stupid inspection stickers. Therefore I wend with 3M's 60% light transmission Crystaline tint. Couldn't do windshield because of inspection stickers and also wasn't sure if would affect the HUD that I got with the technology package (keep in mind can't use polarized glasses either).

As for the number of 7's in the Miami area, I've seen about 10 including one in my neighborhood as well.

Enjoy the car and going to try your stereo settings as well. decided against B&O due to price. It's not like I live in the car and was pushing the "limit" as it was but well worth it!!.

One last ? are you going to put paint protection film on it? if so, find someone who will put Xpel Ultimate on It. Make sure you check Xpel's factory trained installers as well. The guy I used - Pepi from Auto Supersheild in Boca Raton (also a sponsor of the Audiworld Forums) is well worth the 2 hour drive. Depending on what you get done, can take 1-day (full hood, rocker panels, bumper/facia, a pillars and front of roof, vs 2 days if want entire car wrapped. check out their site.
__________________
A7 2014 Prestige Ibis White, Velvet Beige with Peat carpet and tan Weather Tech front/rear/hatch digital fit liners, Full LED, Driver Assist and Innovation Pkgs, Layered Oak, 20" Sport Pkg, Rear air bags, 3M Black roof wrap, X-Pel Ultimate complete wrap except for roof, 3M Crystalline window tint excluding windshield but including sunroof, Vossen Graphite with machined face CVVS 7 rims. Just Plasti-Dipped chrome including grill and emblems, mirrors wrapped in Carbon Fiber and have AWE Diamond Black Quad-tip Touring exhaust with S-7 valance.
Mitodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 10:36 AM   #12
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 200
Default

Haven't decided re Xpel but since I sprang for the exclusive color I may hold off for now.

Did you pay around $1,000 for it?

I stayed at the Marriott Marquis in Miami a few weeks ago and a guy there was picking his A7 up from the hotel valet. He told me he was coming from an A8 and loved it. Who knows, maybe that was you!
onthebeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 12:31 PM   #13
AudiWorld Member
 
Mitodad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: USA (FL and PA)
Posts: 163
Default

the initial wrap which also included the roof wrap (gloss black) was 2200 but well worth it. it also included the rear bumper which takes into acct about 1/4 of the rear quarter panel, spoiler and gas door cover.
__________________
A7 2014 Prestige Ibis White, Velvet Beige with Peat carpet and tan Weather Tech front/rear/hatch digital fit liners, Full LED, Driver Assist and Innovation Pkgs, Layered Oak, 20" Sport Pkg, Rear air bags, 3M Black roof wrap, X-Pel Ultimate complete wrap except for roof, 3M Crystalline window tint excluding windshield but including sunroof, Vossen Graphite with machined face CVVS 7 rims. Just Plasti-Dipped chrome including grill and emblems, mirrors wrapped in Carbon Fiber and have AWE Diamond Black Quad-tip Touring exhaust with S-7 valance.
Mitodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 07:57 PM   #14
Audiworld Junior Member
 
chawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 14
Default Finally Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthebeam View Post
What color and options did you order, Chawk?
it finally stopped raining. first pics. added 30% Formula One Pinnacle and Xpel Ultimate full kit.
Attached Images
     
__________________
2014 A7 3.O TFSI Sport
Glacier White - Black Optic - Velvet Beige Dark - LED
Inovation - Driver Assist - B&O
chawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 08:00 PM   #15
Audiworld Junior Member
 
chawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chawk View Post
it finally stopped raining. first pics. added 30% Formula One Pinnacle and Xpel Ultimate full kit.

and now some interior shots.....
Attached Images
    
__________________
2014 A7 3.O TFSI Sport
Glacier White - Black Optic - Velvet Beige Dark - LED
Inovation - Driver Assist - B&O
chawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 06:19 AM   #16
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 200
Default

Lookin' mighty fine, Chawk. Congrats!

Which tires do you have?
onthebeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 06:57 AM   #17
Audiworld Junior Member
 
chawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthebeam View Post
Lookin' mighty fine, Chawk. Congrats!

Which tires do you have?
Continental Extreme Contact All Season
265/35
__________________
2014 A7 3.O TFSI Sport
Glacier White - Black Optic - Velvet Beige Dark - LED
Inovation - Driver Assist - B&O
chawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 07:13 PM   #18
AudiWorld Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 200
Default Featured in Fourtitude's Audi Exclusive

My new A7 was just featured in the online magazine, Fourtitude. They have an Exclusive section. Here's a link to 10 pix and I'll try to post some soon, too:

http://fourtitude.com/news/audi_excl...north-orlando/
onthebeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 12:42 PM   #19
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 64
Default

I thought exclusive colors were only available on the S7, not the A7.

Obviously I'm wrong. Do you have a link to the exclusive color program?

If you don't mind me asking, how much extra did you pay for the exclusive color?

I'll be turning in my A7 in about a year, and I want the next one to be either Misano Red or Brilliant Red, and I assumed I had to get an S7.

Thanks!
__________________
2016 S7 - Misano Red/Black/20" 5-spoke wheels
2013 A7 - Phantom Black/Nougat/Prestige/20" Sport Package
2010 A4 Avant - Black/Black/19" Sport Package
2008 TT Roadster - Silver/Black Top
2003 A6 - Amulet Red/Beige
2003 A4 - White/Beige
2001 A4 - Silver/Black
acole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 01:11 PM   #20
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
fkaufman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 661
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by acole View Post
I thought exclusive colors were only available on the S7, not the A7.

Obviously I'm wrong. Do you have a link to the exclusive color program?

If you don't mind me asking, how much extra did you pay for the exclusive color?

I'll be turning in my A7 in about a year, and I want the next one to be either Misano Red or Brilliant Red, and I assumed I had to get an S7.

Thanks!
The exclusive program is available on all models.

You can get a choice of exterior colors for a fee, basically you can choose any color that is offered on any current Audi model. The fee for that in Canada for the A7 is $3,900

You can also choose the interior colors and the color and stitching of the seats. You can even choose a different color for each panel of the seats or a different color scheme and stich color and pattern for each seat. The cost of that option in Canada for the A7 is $10,000

If you order the exclusive interior option, for your $10,000 besides the different colors and stitching you actually get an upgraded seat with more adjustability than the standard seat. This seats are not available in the A7 any other way.
fkaufman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 01:11 PM
AudiWorld
Audi R8




Paid Advertisement
 
 
 
Reply

Tags
a7, audi, choose, colors

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:30 PM.


Copyright 2014 AudiWorld.com Audi Enthusiast Community