A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

A7 Performance exhaust

Old 03-22-2016, 01:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by localbrew
I wonder if anyone has any youtube clips of an A7 fitted with a S7 exhaust?
That makes no sense. How or why would you want to put an exhaust tuned for a 4.0L V8 twin turbo onto a car with a 3.0L V6 supercharged engine. Seems like a great way to destroy an engine. It would not be an enjoyable YouTube.
Old 03-22-2016, 06:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree and disagree with your comments. Technically, you're correct in your mentioned. The original mufflers were build for the specs of our V6 & 300hp car that Audi sells, that would be fine.

Now, let's say we all tuned up our cars, 1st thing in software tuning is probably to advance the timing and the boost the intake charge pressure.
A high flow sports air filter would compliment the tune. Now, with that tune and higher intake of air, the exhaust system needs to expel faster & more to, again compliment the tune.
On the bright side, original/OEM parts are meant for the masses and to comply with local sound level protocols. They serve their purposes.
On the Dark side, there are always 3rd party after market tuning parts that exist for all, they serve our purposes.

My thoughts of the S7 mufflers on a "tuned A7", is only 1 baby step to the dark side.

"The Force is Strong on the Dark side" my friend

PS. Everything in the S7 muffler is the same as the A7, with the exception of the added twin pipes per muffler to reduce backpressure, tune for the S7 V8.
Old 03-23-2016, 07:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thanks for the feedback. After talks with Boden Autohaus in OC I am going to get the Armytrix exhaust with polished quad tips and they are fitting the S7 valance.
Old 03-25-2016, 09:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Worldwidebeagle
That makes no sense. How or why would you want to put an exhaust tuned for a 4.0L V8 twin turbo onto a car with a 3.0L V6 supercharged engine. Seems like a great way to destroy an engine. It would not be an enjoyable YouTube.
I should have been a bit more specific apparently, I meant the S7 mufflers and not the entire exhaust system.

As Pan-Cake mentioned they are almost identical except for the dual tips. The S7 mufflers provide slightly better exhaust flow as they have reduced baffling. If you have a tuned A7 it's much like adding an AWE or more free flowing mufflers. Not nearly enough to destroy an engine, as well some members have straight pipes all the way through. Understanding the principles of exhaust flow and detonation, back pressure etc are key here, so it does make sense depending on the members vehicle modifications. Using Stock S7 mufflers would be a nice way of keeping a some what stock appearance with more free flow.