A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

A7 recall for Fuel Injection System Leak

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 09:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A7 recall for Fuel Injection System Leak

Went to the website looking for an MMI recall and found this instead. It says repair not yet available but there is a remedy listed. Anybody know about this or had this done? Note the date is just 1 week ago. I had my service done since then and didn't mention anything.

Fuel Injecton System Leak
REPAIR NOT YET AVAILABLE
START DATE
Jan 20, 2015
AUDI ACTION CODE
24AP

DESCRIPTION
Due to a combination of production tolerance issues and vehicle vibration during dynamic driving, it is possible that, in rare cases, a fuel leak may occur in the vehicle's fuel injection system. Leaking fuel, in the presence of an ignition source, may result in a fire. Additionally, some vehicles may benefit from having the thermostat and/or the crankcase pressure valve updated. Repairs to these other components are not related to the safety recall, but can be easily performed at the same time as recall repair.

NHTSA RECALL NUMBER
Awaiting#
REMEDY
To help correct the safety defect, your authorized Audi dealer will replace both fuel rails and the fuel injector seals. The thermostat and/or the crankcase pressure valve will also be updated on certain vehicles. These repairs are not related to the safety recall, but can easily be performed at the same time as the recall repair. These repairs will be performed free of charge.

EDIT: Looks like other outlets are reporting this as well. It affects 2012-2013 A7 as well as some other Audi models.

Last edited by samsoccer7; 01-27-2015 at 09:43 AM.
Old 01-27-2015, 09:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Here's an article about it. Looks like March they will send notifications.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/volksw...142555336.html
Old 01-27-2015, 09:58 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Correct me if I wrong, but a recall is done regardless it is a out of warranty or not right? because it is a hazard issue, so I do not need to put this in the common issues before warranty expires thread.
I remember an incident of a car leaking fuel years ago,
here is the link
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a7-...-leak-2824319/
Old 01-27-2015, 04:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by feralc
Correct me if I wrong, but a recall is done regardless it is a out of warranty or not right? because it is a hazard issue, so I do not need to put this in the common issues before warranty expires thread.
I remember an incident of a car leaking fuel years ago,
here is the link
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a7-...-leak-2824319/
I would imagine this is done whether in warranty or not. I'm at 45k miles so my warranty will be done soon.

Also it says they will contact us but I also read that you can contact THEM and get this done ASAP, especially if you're taking it in for service or something soon (mine was last week :/)
Old 01-27-2015, 05:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by samsoccer7
I would imagine this is done whether in warranty or not. I'm at 45k miles so my warranty will be done soon.

Also it says they will contact us but I also read that you can contact THEM and get this done ASAP, especially if you're taking it in for service or something soon (mine was last week :/)
According to VW Group recalls 27k Touaregs, Audis and Porsches for fuel leak it says the recall begins on March 10. Does it mean it won't be available beforehand?
Old 01-28-2015, 04:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I contacted my dealership yesterday about this and they said it is VIN related and is not showing up yet on my car. The manager also reminded me that Audi will not send out notifications of this until March, per the article cited above, but in the meantime if the smell of fuel is noticeable to contact them immediately.
Old 01-28-2015, 09:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by aquarian
According to VW Group recalls 27k Touaregs, Audis and Porsches for fuel leak it says the recall begins on March 10. Does it mean it won't be available beforehand?
Dealer tech won't do the recall now because parts and recall procedure are not yet available at dealer.
Old 01-29-2015, 03:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

I had this happen to my 2012 A7. The only thing I (rather my wife with a much more sensitive nose) noticed was a smell of gas. Car was towed in, one injector seal replaced, problem did not reoccur in the following 18 months. Car is now gone to a new owner so I have no further info on this.
Old 01-29-2015, 01:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

There is this webpage to search for open recalls using your vin

Audi Recall Services by Vehicle Identification Number
Old 01-31-2015, 01:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Does this have an effect on actual fuel consumption?

For instance today: I drove about 75 miles round trip running errands (mostly highway). My fuel range to empty started at 450 miles before I left and my average consumption was 24 mpg at the end of the trip. Now my fuel range to empty is showing 325 miles?!

Something is amiss somewhere....

Quick Reply: A7 recall for Fuel Injection System Leak