A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

A7 Vag-Com Mods

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 06:02 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rbats
Just took a look at my car (2012 A7 Prestige) and it seems to have a small led strip for the turn signals right under the DRL led's. So, at least on first glance, they look to be separate. I'll check them tomorrow in action to see if this is true.
Of course you can have both leds on while the turn signal is on, I have it like that, it in a easy vag com mod,maybe the A6 shares the same DRL leds but the A7 is separate.

Look at the end of this video

Old 11-08-2012, 06:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by feralc
Of course you can have both leds on while the turn signal is on, I have it like that, it in a easy vag com mod,maybe the A6 shares the same DRL leds but the A7 is separate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_R06qx3zLQ
With LED headlights, the DRL is configured differently on an A6 C7. There are no separate signal lamps below the DRL - the full across DRL strip itself becomes the orange signal LEDs in lieu of the normal white ones; it's almost as if there's one solid white (or orange light if signaling) due to the design of the DRL lens cover. Your video shows an A7 with standard headlights; is it the same configuration with LED headlights?

(Due to the timing of the lights vs. the camera's frames per second, the DRLs appear to flash on the video - the naked eye does not see that)

Last edited by snagitseven; 11-08-2012 at 06:47 PM.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
With LED headlights, the DRL is configured differently on an A6 C7. There are no separate signal lamps below the DRL - the full across DRL strip itself becomes the orange signal LEDs in lieu of the normal white ones; it's almost as if there's one solid white (or orange light if signaling) due to the design of the DRL lens cover. Your video shows an A7 with standard headlights; is it the same configuration with LED headlights?
A7 is different than your A6. Here's a pic of an all LED headlight of an A7.

Old 11-09-2012, 05:45 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Your video shows an A7 with standard headlights; is it the same configuration with LED headlights
The video I posted is a full LED, the xenons look completely different and lack of the Led turning lights, look at the 3:20 of this video

Old 11-09-2012, 05:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ray101381
if someone has an A7 with the led HL's i'd be more than happy to test it out and see if it works. so if anyone wants me to test it out let me know, if it doesn't work this is 100% return to stock.
Already Done, April of 2011, you can disable the wink, but for safety reasons, i set it up so it dims slightly instead of staying at full 100% brightness because from far away, the LED DRL washes out the LED turn Signals, in my opinion, the LED turn Signals are not bright enough compared to the Mercedes or BMW on the A7, they are good on the A8 and A6 and Q7.
Old 11-09-2012, 06:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

The video I posted is a full LED, the xenons look completely different and lack of the Led turning lights, look at the 3:20 of this video
Got it. Looks like there's 2 configurations for the A7 signal lamps (LED and Xenon) and a completely different design on the A6. (I'm not sure if the A6 Xenon signal setup is the same as on the LED headlight package). I do see that the A7 LED headlight design appears to also be different from the A6. Seems that there are larger but fewer LED bulbs on the A7.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_R06qx3zLQ
Great! So, I'm not losing it - yet.

Anyone know the Vag codes to disable wink on the A7 with LEDs? Thanks.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by rbats
Great! So, I'm not losing it - yet.

Anyone know the Vag codes to disable wink on the A7 with LEDs? Thanks.
http://www.audienthusiasts.com/VagCom.html
Old 11-09-2012, 10:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

How do you access the hidden menu? I've tried it without success with my own cable.

Also, I did the amber delete. It's easy to do and I think it makes it look better.
Old 11-10-2012, 02:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

5f - adaptation - channel 6 - change 0 to 1

Quick Reply: A7 Vag-Com Mods