A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

a7 what to do?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2015, 05:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default a7 what to do?

Hi all. I have a 2013 a5 cabriolet and I'm looking to get into a 2013-2014 a7 premium plus s line or a prestige. Cost is a big factor. What is the difference between the premium plus s line and the prestige as it relates to exterior looks as well as features? I have been trying to figure it out but every car is optioned differently. Having paddle shifters is something that I really want and I thought that was a given with the prestige but I looked at a prestige and it did not have them. Any thoughts? Thank you in advance. If anyone interested in my car let me know.

Name:  image-2019822099.jpg
Views: 809
Size:  682.8 KB
Old 08-08-2015, 05:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd take a look at the order guides - a quick Google search will bring them up. It's a good place to start and see what each of the packages and options include since some options can stand-alone and others require multiple options together.
Old 08-08-2015, 06:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Or go to the Audi USA website.
Old 08-09-2015, 03:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only exterior differences are whether or not it has the "S-Line" package. It's a bit confusing because it was part of Prestige some years but I don't believe it is any more. There are minor differences in the front. The easy way for me to tell is the S-Line has a gray insert on the lower rear bumper valance. Honestly, the differences are pretty subtle.
Old 08-09-2015, 05:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by jjsC6
The only exterior differences are whether or not it has the "S-Line" package. It's a bit confusing because it was part of Prestige some years but I don't believe it is any more. There are minor differences in the front. The easy way for me to tell is the S-Line has a gray insert on the lower rear bumper valance. Honestly, the differences are pretty subtle.
And to add, the S-line has a different front bumper, rear valence and the inclusion of flared rocker panels which, on the A6/A7 are what I note first as they can be seen from almost any angle.
Old 08-09-2015, 05:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks. From the guide it looks like paddle shifters only come with the sport package but that camber gotten on either of the trim lines premium, premium plus o prestige. Can anyone tell me what packages they can't live without or anything they have that they don't particularly need but thought they did? An know issues to watch out for? Last but not least if mileage is in 20-35 k range. Do you think certified is a necessity? Thanks.
Old 08-09-2015, 08:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

CPO adds about $2K to the dealer's price on a pre-owned A6 and kicks in after any remaining OEM warranty expires. While it doesn't cover all of the same things the OEM warranty includes and I believe there's a small deductible required for each covered repair, most feel it's well worth it.

If you peruse the threads in this forum, you can get a pretty good idea of what's hot and what's not and the options most prefer (or not). Be advised that this is a forum membership largely made up of very picky Audi enthusiasts who will be more inclined to point out deficiencies than accolades. It would be a very boring forum if there were only hundreds of "I like my car" threads.

For me, while I have an A6 vs an A7 (they are mechanically/electrically almost identical), at 35K miles over three years, I have had no major issues or repairs needed. If there was one significant thing I would change it's an improvement of the electric steering. I've gotten mostly used to it but think there is more work to be done (and maybe has in later versions). Unfortunately, most manufacturers have switched or will to electric steering so there are less places to go as alternatives.

In any case after 35+ cars used and new over 45+ years including 4 Audis, this is the best overall car I have owned. I think that says a lot about my 2013 C7..

Last edited by snagitseven; 08-09-2015 at 08:27 AM.
Old 08-17-2015, 05:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

get the Prestige S-line with sport package (lower suspension, shifters).
anything less is less
Old 08-17-2015, 04:13 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by a7ubercoupe
get the Prestige S-line with sport package (lower suspension, shifters).
anything less is less

What he said. Few things - CPO - worth it.

Cold Weather if you like heated rear seats and steering wheel.

May also find it cheaper if you don't get the tech package with adaptive cruse, lane assist, and blind spot monitoring.

LED headlights are nice and on mine they were separate of the other package options.

Sport package gets you the paddles, lower ride height/slightly firmer suspension, and 3 point steering wheel (instead of 4), and 20" wheels.
Old 08-17-2015, 06:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

This info has been great. Thank you. Would you think any major changes from 2012 to 2013 cosmetic or otherwise? I see some have round tailpipes and others more rectangular.

Quick Reply: a7 what to do?