A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

AC "Suddenly" went out this morning

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 10:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC "Suddenly" went out this morning

Have had my A7 new since December 2012 as a 2013 model. This morning, on my way to work, the AC started blowing hot and humid air with a very strange (wet animal like) odor to it with no warning of it malfunctioning. When I left the house, it worked fine. Audi has since picked the car up at work and left a loaner, but I don't expect to hear from them for a few hours on the diagnosis. Anyone else have this happen? I live in SW FLA so I use my AC constantly about 8-9 months a year. We have had 5 previous Audi's without any issues like this.
Old 10-22-2014, 11:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NaplesQ7
Have had my A7 new since December 2012 as a 2013 model. This morning, on my way to work, the AC started blowing hot and humid air with a very strange (wet animal like) odor to it with no warning of it malfunctioning. When I left the house, it worked fine. Audi has since picked the car up at work and left a loaner, but I don't expect to hear from them for a few hours on the diagnosis. Anyone else have this happen? I live in SW FLA so I use my AC constantly about 8-9 months a year. We have had 5 previous Audi's without any issues like this.
FYI, just heard back that a "sensor" in the AC system was bad. Replacement at no charge. However, they had to throw in the obligatory "we check alignment on all cars that come in for service, and the toe in on your vehicle is a bit off...We recommend a $185 alignment which could save you a bunch of money down the road in premature tire replacement..."

I guess they have to get their $ somehow..

;-)
Old 10-22-2014, 12:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NaplesQ7
"we check alignment on all cars that come in for service, and the toe in on your vehicle is a bit off...We recommend a $185 alignment which could save you a bunch of money down the road in premature tire replacement..."

I guess they have to get their $ somehow..

;-)
I hope you said NO. Toe a little off?? GEEZ Kind of pointless to do a full alignment until you get a new set of tires. Local shops here charge $90 for 4 wheel align.

Dealer did same to me. Camber was a bit off - said i would wait until new tires and tech said: I agree.