A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Age, Location and why A7

Old 04-17-2012, 08:48 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oxanar, welcome!!

I remember you from the 'Driver forums...

I'm excited to see what kind of driving this vehicle will give me, as the G was the last car to have this much power....
Old 04-18-2012, 05:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Joaquin Rodriguez
oxanar, welcome!!

I remember you from the 'Driver forums...

I'm excited to see what kind of driving this vehicle will give me, as the G was the last car to have this much power....
Hey Joaquin, yeah I recall you as well. Good to see you over here and with an A7. Definitely a step up IMO from the Infiniti. I'm very pleased with the power. I never through I would like paddle shifting, but whenever I feel like dusting a few folks, popping the shifter to the right to get ready is like an burst of adrenaline.
Old 04-18-2012, 04:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by vicecity
12,guam. hustla'
Gee, it's too bad you'll never be able to take any long road trips on that postage stamp... LOL
Old 04-20-2012, 07:52 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

age 32 Deep South Texas, Love the look and the fact that there are fewer than 5 in 300 hundred mile radius.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

34 male swedesboro NJ. Getting married and traded in my S5 and fiancées BMW for A7 and a Q5. She's an Audi Car lover now like me. The A7 is a blast to drive and has all the technology and comfort you could ask for.
Old 04-25-2012, 03:37 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

My first post to this forum!

40, Seattle, took delivery of my 2012 A7 Prestige, Phatom Black Pearl w/cold weather pkg and side assist this past Sunday.

I have never owned an Audi, much less a luxury car. Previous cars have been Japanese models (Subaru hatchback, Toyota Camry and most recently a Highlander Hybrid) so spending this much on a brand new car is a guilty pleasure that I treated myself to when hitting the big 4-0.

The car just spoke to me. I was initially interested in an S5 given its exterior looks and performance, but with two kids (8 and 6), the S5 just wasn't as practical. I wanted a car that, like previous cars, I would own for 10+ years and have it fit my lifestyle and all uses.

The A7 seemed to fit all needs -- aesthetically similar to the S5, it also had modes to give it more performance handling. There are faster cars with more horsepower, but I'm not drag racer -- I wanted a car with excellent performance that could be sporty and quick. A7 checks that box perfectly, and even better, has some degree of personalization in the Individual mode.

I also am at a point in my life where I want a little luxury. I never spend money on myself, and I've never been into flashy appearance or status. But I am at a point in my life and career where I've been lucky to achieve some degree of success and disposable income. It's a huge treat, but a treat indeed to wrap myself in a sumptuous interior that oozes class. I actually get uncomfortable sometimes that the car draws lookers, or even how I'm perceived driving such an expensive car. But that is way out-trumped by the sheer luxury and how this car makes me feel when I'm driving it.

The car is incredibly versatile. If I had 3 kids, or if I didn't have another car that was a 7-seater, I would feel totally different, but this can take my entire family in to the park, my wife on an upscale date night, or another couple and us for a night on the town. The cargo space is superb and another reason why the car is so adaptable to my lifestyle. Add to that the all-wheel capability in a rainy and slick part of the country, and it all makes even more sense.

And finally, the technology. I did not opt for the innovation package -- the HUD, night time vision, and other features are very cool, and likely help the car retain a little more resale value. But there is far more bells and whistles on the Prestige model than I've ever had in a car, and I can do without further distractions and things to play with. This car is chock-full of incredible technology, and the Google Earth and Connect

Love having this car, and reading this forum went a long way to helping me decide this car was the one for me. Every time I see it in the garage, my heart skips a beat.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:39 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Ali Nassiff
age 32 Deep South Texas, Love the look and the fact that there are fewer than 5 in 300 hundred mile radius.
1 more coming in your radius.. haha

Mine gets here in June.. I live in SA, but I frequent the Valley quite a bit...
Old 04-26-2012, 06:57 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Joaquin Rodriguez
1 more coming in your radius.. haha

Mine gets here in June.. I live in SA, but I frequent the Valley quite a bit...
Great! I'm going up to SA to pick mine up next week, they gave me the best deal when compared to Austin/Houston/San Juan/San Antonio market. What color?
Old 05-04-2012, 07:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

About to pull a7 trigger. But may hold out for s7. Why the 7? For, me its the perfect car. Amazing but not flashy looks. Fast, responsive, tight, quick reponses but also smooth and luxurious. My greatest car was a 2001 jag xjr. All above applied. But wild fishtail in snow plus famous jag unreliability meant it had to go. Felt like million bucks every time i drove my jag. Hour ntest drive in a7 showed me its right there . And more: quattro, technology, etc. and if i do hold out for s7' blazing speed & v8 hummmmm. Car like that makes turning 60 seem not so bad!
Old 05-04-2012, 10:22 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Ali Nassiff
Great! I'm going up to SA to pick mine up next week, they gave me the best deal when compared to Austin/Houston/San Juan/San Antonio market. What color?
ordered mine in Glacier White, with nougat brown interior, 20's as well... I was just informed that it has finished being built, so it should be about a month or so till it finds its way to Cavender Audi for pickup!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Age, Location and why A7