A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Age, Location and why A7

Old 11-21-2011, 06:08 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

42, male, Orlando, FL. Also coming from BMW. Much smoother than my ex 500HP M5. Not to mention the gas mileage. I can go from A to B in a much comfortable ride for 1/2 price. Couldn't be happier.
Old 11-21-2011, 06:48 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

45, Holland Michigan......it's the coolest car out with the best technology and style....totally age appropriate for a 20 something on up....it's less about your age and more about if you "get it" and appreciate the better things...I bet everyone who owns one also has an ipad among other apple products.
Old 11-22-2011, 01:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

47 UK

Was going to buy another A5 and then priced it up with all the options I wanted and got a shock. A7 (in the UK at least) comes as standard with everything I want in a car so was really not that much more money over the A5 (though of course I still added extras :-) for a much more modern hi-tech car and different looking car. Plus I did not care too much for the A5 facelift.
Old 03-17-2012, 03:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

48 Portland, OR. Fell in love when I first saw a few last May in France. Came into a bit of money and staring thinking my existing daily driver (2000 Jaguar VDP SC) was getting a bit long in the tooth and one thing led to another.

Can't wait for it to arrive May 5.
Old 03-17-2012, 05:54 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

49, Daytona Gray loaded. except for B&O. I had an A8 short wheel base with the 20" sport package. The new A8's are a little less sporty looking and more conservative. They also went up market in price, so the A7 had the right balance of sport, luxury and price. It is more of a personal business car for me that gets driven Monday through Friday only.
Old 03-17-2012, 07:19 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Took delivery yesterday. 49, in Maryland. Love at first sight!
Old 03-18-2012, 02:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

I hate this thread!
Old 03-18-2012, 05:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by carljones11
It doesn't come without trepidations though. Audi is not known for reliability where both the Lexus & Honda were trouble free. But, if you can fall for a car emotionally we both did, so we jump in with both feet & hope for the best. And with that, I wish you all the best too.
I think the "quality gap" has narrowed quite a bit. 20 years ago Lexus, due to the existing Toyota culture instilled by W. Edward Deming's teachings, and their desire to take everything to the next level, was way ahead. Now, the differences, while real, are much smaller when you look at the top Japanese and German manufacturers.
Old 03-18-2012, 06:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 80MGB
I think the "quality gap" has narrowed quite a bit. 20 years ago Lexus, due to the existing Toyota culture instilled by W. Edward Deming's teachings, and their desire to take everything to the next level, was way ahead. Now, the differences, while real, are much smaller when you look at the top Japanese and German manufacturers.
Lexus being more reliable has nothing to do with quality, in fact, I think Audi quality is higher than Lexus. The reason why German cars are less reliable is because they are willing to take the risk and install the latest technology in their cars. While the Japanese just sit back and wait until the Germans work out all the bugs. After the Germans work out all the bugs, the Japanese will then take that technology and engineer it to make it even more reliable before they put it in their cars. There is nothing wrong with either approach, but the design philosophy are certainly difference between the Germans and the Japanese.
Old 03-18-2012, 07:43 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

42, San Antonio, TX, 2012 Prestige, Oolong Grey/Black, 20" Sport

Pick it up in 2 days!

Trading in my 2010 A5: wanted the utility of 4 doors and a hatchback, sporty performance, clean coupe design, and tech. Also like having a unique car...don't see a whole lot of them.

Plus, my kids are just getting too big to climb in and out of the back seats of the A5.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Age, Location and why A7