A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

are all CPO associated with VIN or owner?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2014, 03:57 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default are all CPO associated with VIN or owner?

my car is certified pre owned which means after factory warranty 2year/50k miles kick in. Now since i didn't buy from a private person, but rather a non-audi dealership, would i still benefit from the CPO or do i have to find the private person to transfer it under my name?

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-01-2014, 08:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Are you the third owner? I only ask because the car needs to a used car that was certified through the Audi dealer, make sure its Audi CPO. Contact Audi USA and they will let you know. Do not mistake it for a Audi CPO that the Non audi dealer is calling it, that is not the same. Did you buy this car from Texas direct, if so that is not a Audi CPO vehicle.
Old 12-02-2014, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

The Car was sold as a Certified Pre Owned Vehicle to the 2nd owner. The 2nd owner traded the vehicle to a non-Audi Dealer. I've bought it as it is, Non Audi Dealer hasn't mentioned anything about it being a CPO. I'm trying to find out if after 50k mileage has passed, would it be considered CPO based on VIN or would it be by owner.
Old 12-02-2014, 06:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

OK now that makes sense, yes the car will still have the CPO, it stays with the car not the owner. You can call the service departemnt or Audi USA adn ask how time is left on your warranty. Your CPO doesnt kick in until after the 50K/4yrs which ever comes first
Old 12-02-2014, 10:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Transfers

Attention Owner:
The Audi Certified pre-owned Limited Warranty is transferable prior to expiration.
Certified pre-owned vehicles sold through an authorized Audi Dealer in the United States with a retail sales date on or after
September 1, 2011 include a Certified pre-owned Limited Warranty that is eligible to be transferred from private owner to
private owner.**
This vehicle must meet current Audi Certified pre-owned guidelines for transfer eligibility as stated on the Audi Certified
pre-owned Limited Warranty Transfer Application form.
To download a transfer application form, please visit Audi Certified Pre-owned (CPO) - Used Audi Cars | Audi USA. To obtain a form via mail or if you have
questions, please call 1-800-822-AUDI (2834).
Upon the sale/purchase of this vehicle, the Audi Certified pre-owned Limited Warranty Transfer Application form and supporting
documentation must be completed, notarized, and returned within 30 days to the address below. A $150 transfer fee is also
required.

Audi of America, Inc.
Attn: Audi Warranty Department - CPO, 3800 Hamlin Road, Auburn Hills, MI 48326
Old 12-02-2014, 05:11 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

The transfer only applies private seller to new owner,since i have no information on the Previous owner, i can't have it transferred. Hence, i'm trying to find out if i'd still benefit the CPO, since the previous owner purchased it from an Audi Dealer as CPO.
Old 12-02-2014, 08:03 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by shorttough
The transfer only applies private seller to new owner,since i have no information on the Previous owner, i can't have it transferred. Hence, i'm trying to find out if i'd still benefit the CPO, since the previous owner purchased it from an Audi Dealer as CPO.
The policy is clear. It can be transferred for a fee with the form. Call Audi. They should be able to identify the original owner. If not, you are prob out of luck.
Old 12-03-2014, 12:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went down that road. Dealers told me $395 to fully go over the car plus all repairs needed to cover it CPO may apply. Get the VIN run by an Audi dealer and ask them what's possible for that exact car.
Old 12-03-2014, 09:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
The policy is clear. It can be transferred for a fee with the form. Call Audi. They should be able to identify the original owner. If not, you are prob out of luck.
My understanding from reading the policy is that it can only be transferred in the event of a private sale; i.e. the purchaser of the CPO sells the car to another private party (not through a dealer). This to me was pretty clear in the Audi documentation.

I'm VERY interested in what you find out because I'm in the same boat as you; I purchased from a non-Audi dealer but the care was CPO'd by the 2nd owner (and I actually have their name and address). They left the CPO paperwork in the car.

But from how I read the Audi policy is that you assert that you assert there was a private party sale from seller to buyer.
Old 12-05-2014, 03:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by shorttough
my car is certified pre owned which means after factory warranty 2year/50k miles kick in. Now since i didn't buy from a private person, but rather a non-audi dealership, would i still benefit from the CPO or do i have to find the private person to transfer it under my name?

Thanks in advance.
Did you find out any new information?

Quick Reply: are all CPO associated with VIN or owner?