A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Audio upgrade - documented w pics

Old 05-15-2015, 02:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audio upgrade - documented w pics

Finally started (and finished ) updating the sound system.

Full details are here:

2014 Audi A7 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum
Old 05-15-2015, 03:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Very nice.....now come do mine
Old 05-20-2015, 09:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Simply beautiful. I'll going to upgrade as well, I'm going to start subtle then work my way to a complete overhaul.

I want to diagram a skeleton layout first, basically prep the car for amps, new speakers and insulation. Just to make it easier to add/remove, with little effort.
Old 05-22-2015, 03:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Being a hatchback, there isnt much room for amps in our car. This is why I went for the all in one DSP/amp Mosconi. It fits in the cubby nicely. If you want a little more power the Helix P SIX is very nice as well. My biggest concern was keeping everything totally stock looking. However, at the end of the build I realized I wanted to do a 3 way in the front and I needed custom pods made for my mids and tweets. These are being made as we speak, so there should be some updates on the build in the next few weeks.
Old 06-03-2015, 04:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Hugg727
Being a hatchback, there isnt much room for amps in our car. This is why I went for the all in one DSP/amp Mosconi. It fits in the cubby nicely. If you want a little more power the Helix P SIX is very nice as well. My biggest concern was keeping everything totally stock looking. However, at the end of the build I realized I wanted to do a 3 way in the front and I needed custom pods made for my mids and tweets. These are being made as we speak, so there should be some updates on the build in the next few weeks.

love this build but why all the work then kinda half assing the subwoofer part?? mine is the exact opposite lol
Old 06-08-2015, 03:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by blackalak
love this build but why all the work then kinda half assing the subwoofer part?? mine is the exact opposite lol
I wanted something that I could remove if needed. I didnt want to lose my spare tire or worry about building anything custom out of fiberglass back there.

The Stereo Integrity BM mkIV is no slouch. I put it in a pre fab Atrend box that has the exact specs for that driver and the build quality is great too.
BM mk IV 12? Subwoofer | Stereo Integrity

Driving that sub with a JL 300/1 amp is a perfect combo. It hits hard , low and my windows rattle like crazy. I have had several people listen to the car and they can believe its a single 12" that is only 4' deep.

I love what you and others have done with the custom enclosures in the back of the A7 but that wasnt for me this time around.
Old 06-09-2015, 08:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Hugg727
I wanted something that I could remove if needed. I didnt want to lose my spare tire or worry about building anything custom out of fiberglass back there.

The Stereo Integrity BM mkIV is no slouch. I put it in a pre fab Atrend box that has the exact specs for that driver and the build quality is great too.
BM mk IV 12? Subwoofer | Stereo Integrity

Driving that sub with a JL 300/1 amp is a perfect combo. It hits hard , low and my windows rattle like crazy. I have had several people listen to the car and they can believe its a single 12" that is only 4' deep.

I love what you and others have done with the custom enclosures in the back of the A7 but that wasnt for me this time around.

dang too bad you didn't live near me you could have done fiberglass box at the same time it was not that hard and mine will still be removable but yeah man great job on your install really top notch work done by ya!