A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Black or white

Old 10-23-2012, 05:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Black or white

I'm going back and forth between a black and white Audi they have at the dealership. One is brilliant black and the other one is glacier white. At the moment I own a white Acura and it seems to hold off dirt pretty well.

I've heard black cars don't really hold off dirt to well. I would like to hear some feedback on owners who might have brilliant black and glacier white on their Audis.

Thanks
Old 10-23-2012, 06:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My family chose Glacier White. This is our first car with a white exterior and we don't have any regrets!

Name:  88NZw.jpg
Views: 1570
Size:  94.1 KB

Name:  L8Eo6.jpg
Views: 1520
Size:  89.1 KB

Name:  eeFRn.jpg
Views: 1551
Size:  86.8 KB
Old 10-23-2012, 06:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

If you are not too **** about how your car looks, go for black. It will indeed show every speck of dust and you will get very good with your dual action polisher working on the swirl marks. But it will look great when it's freshly washed and waxed. I have a black MDX and a Havana Black - almost black - A7. Future cars will be all lighter colors! Have fun!
Old 10-23-2012, 06:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DoctoZaius
I'm going back and forth between a black and white Audi they have at the dealership. One is brilliant black and the other one is glacier white. At the moment I own a white Acura and it seems to hold off dirt pretty well.

I've heard black cars don't really hold off dirt to well. I would like to hear some feedback on owners who might have brilliant black and glacier white on their Audis.

Thanks
IMHO, definitely go with Glacier White. Been there, done that with both. Too **** with my car's cleanliness to want to bother with Black anymore. Its looks great, but only momentarily after the wash and polish.
Old 10-24-2012, 05:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I struggled with the color decision and eventually decided to go with Brilliant Black. IMO the A7 looks fantastic in black (Phantom Black Pearl also looks hot).

If your dealer has both - park them side to side and go with your gut reaction.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:01 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Flat black vs glacier white... I'd recommend going with the metallic white, but only if it had black interior. White shows the lines of the car better, but you simply can't beat the look of a freshly polished black car, although it requires more attention.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

I struggled with this same color delima. So In consulted with the expert (female species), and the wife said white is elegant and black is just plain "mean ****" (yep, her exact word ;-) and she left it at that. I ended up with the Phantom Black Pearl and never looked back.

I don't think you can go wrong wither either color, good luck.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:41 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mikejones45
Flat black vs glacier white... I'd recommend going with the metallic white, but only if it had black interior. White shows the lines of the car better, but you simply can't beat the look of a freshly polished black car, although it requires more attention.
Yea, I could definitely see that in the show room. The details do pop more with Glacier white. Thanks for your input.
Old 10-24-2012, 06:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by vuvision
I struggled with this same color delima. So In consulted with the expert (female species), and the wife said white is elegant and black is just plain "mean ****" (yep, her exact word ;-) and she left it at that. I ended up with the Phantom Black Pearl and never looked back.

I don't think you can go wrong wither either color, good luck.
HAHA! I like that. I have to agree, white is elegant; especially at night. Nothing beats it with those lights.

Yet black is and a quote a "mean ****" :P It's is a hard decision for sure. I think I might have to flip a coin. The bad part is that one comes with a certain package I like while the other doesn't. First world problems :P

Thanks for the input!
Old 10-24-2012, 07:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have an [Ibis] white and it ALWAYS looks new w/ minimal effort (Good hand wash and a quick spray polish/buff). I too love a freshly hand waxed and buffer polished black car--but that's very rare and painstakingly time consuming! Are you in a place w/ harsh winters... road salt, sand, etc? That undoubtedly helped sway my decision.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Black or white