A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Can the Nav show your current speed?

Old 05-13-2015, 05:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jjsC6
If I'm not mistaken a lot of Chrysler Navs are nothing but a built in Garmin and look just like it.
You say that like there is something wrong with Garmin? Our Durango is in fact a Garmin but there is a LOT more built into the screen than the GPS. Satellite Radio, AM/FM Radio, Bluetooth, Media Player/Hard Drive, Live traffic updates, DVD/CD player.....etc.

Garmin is the MOST accurate GPS I've ever used.....it's ETA is always within minutes of my actual arrival time even on 4+ hour drives. The Audi's is way off....usually it's off by 20+ minutes on an hour and a half drive!

It works pretty good....but it's not accurate on your ETA.
Old 05-14-2015, 12:19 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Astropin
The Audi's is way off....usually it's off by 20+ minutes on an hour and a half drive!

It works pretty good....but it's not accurate on your ETA.
My ETA seem to be on point. Its just as accurate as Google Maps and my wife's 300c.

Then again I been hearing this a lot. Maybe its because my time is set to GPS time? (through MMI settings) Maybe that forces the Nav system to become more accurate????
Old 05-14-2015, 02:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ETAzero
My ETA seem to be on point. Its just as accurate as Google Maps and my wife's 300c.

Then again I been hearing this a lot. Maybe its because my time is set to GPS time? (through MMI settings) Maybe that forces the Nav system to become more accurate????

Google Maps is always off for me as well.....always over estimates, just like the Audi system. Garmin is pretty much spot on. Must be the way I drive?

I think maybe Google and Audi are assuming an average number of "slow downs"? I live in the north and drive very rural areas.....never any traffic. When I hit the road it's non stop to my destination and I'm usually 5-7mph above posted limits.

It's funny to watch the Audi slowly drop 20 minutes off it's original ETA as I drive.