A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Can VAG-COM lower A7 suspension?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2014, 03:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can VAG-COM lower A7 suspension?

I have a 2014 A7. As I understand it, the A7s in Europe have air suspension and those for U.S. market do not.

Thus, can I get into VAG-COM settings and lower it? If memory serves I've read that folks with air suspension equipped RS7s are able to do this.

Thanks!
Old 10-03-2014, 09:13 PM
RAF_S7

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Air suspension is an (expensive) option in the UK and not standard across the range. My 3.0T does not have air suspension. There are no user adjustable settings for the suspension components.

I have the S-Line model (in US=Prestige I believe) which rides 10mm lower than the regular models. In the MMI settings there are a number of car settings - Dynamic, Comfort, Sport, Individual etc. however as I don't have air suspension fitted, none of there adjust the suspension in any way as the suspension components are all standard mechanical componants.

I have VAG-COM. I can force the car to think air suspension is fitted, which enables some suspension settings to become visible in MMI, however as the actual components are not fitted the settings do nothing.

The air suspension is a $3k option here.

JW.
Old 10-04-2014, 11:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jkwelsh
Air suspension is an (expensive) option in the UK and not standard across the range. My 3.0T does not have air suspension. There are no user adjustable settings for the suspension components.

I have the S-Line model (in US=Prestige I believe) which rides 10mm lower than the regular models. In the MMI settings there are a number of car settings - Dynamic, Comfort, Sport, Individual etc. however as I don't have air suspension fitted, none of there adjust the suspension in any way as the suspension components are all standard mechanical componants.

I have VAG-COM. I can force the car to think air suspension is fitted, which enables some suspension settings to become visible in MMI, however as the actual components are not fitted the settings do nothing.

The air suspension is a $3k option here.

JW.
Ahhhh. Wishful thinking I suppose. Here in the U.S. you can have S line Prestige but no sports suspension, meaning no drop.
Old 10-04-2014, 06:48 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 85 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by onthebeam
Ahhhh. Wishful thinking I suppose. Here in the U.S. you can have S line Prestige but no sports suspension, meaning no drop.
You can get a sports suspension on the Prestige in the US. I know I have it.
Old 10-09-2014, 02:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Lookout57
You can get a sports suspension on the Prestige in the US. I know I have it.

Yes, I meant that the lowered suspension is not part of Prestige.
Old 10-13-2014, 03:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

The Sport Suspension is lower and firmer.