A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Divers Assistance Package

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2016, 08:58 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Divers Assistance Package

Considering buying a 2013 A7 but getting conflicting opinions about adapative cruise control.

Spoke to a few people who believe it is not worth the added price. Does anyone have any opinions? I tried searching but could not get a clear answer.

Thanks. Hope to a proud Audi owner in the near future.
Old 01-29-2016, 09:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I do not have a car that has adaptive cruise control but I did research about it before I placed an order for a S5 late last year. I decided not to go for it because I rarely use cruise control ever so I will not do justice to the extra price tag for ACC.

If you do travel highways and freeways frequently and use cruise control a lot, I feel Adaptive Cruise Control will be very helpful to you.

BTW, ACC includes Braking Guard which can be made active even without engaging cruise control. Braking guard warns you if you are getting too close to the car ahead of you and applies the brakes to some degree if you don't respond in time.

If I had a chance to re-do my S5 order, I would have included ACC simply to future-proof the car and to take advantage of braking guard. 5 to 10 years down the road, people will be looking for these features in cars. Honda, Hyundai, Kia, etc. for example, already includes adaptive cruise control in their new vehicles. It will soon be a standard for higher spec models. When smart cars become mainstream, even lower spec models will have some form of driver assist feature.

Last edited by plat27265; 01-29-2016 at 09:56 AM.
Old 01-29-2016, 10:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Innovation package in both my A6 (selling) and my A7, and i can tell you that the Adaptive Cruise is the most useful feature in the package which includes HUD, nightvision, LED's, etc.
I thought i wouldn't care for it since i enjoy driving and used to rarely use cruise control, but once you get used to having it, you learn to appreciate it. I use it almost daily on my morning highway commutes.
Old 01-29-2016, 10:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by NeuroNerd
Spoke to a few people who believe it is not worth the added price. Does anyone have any opinions?
I have adaptive cruise control and it reduces the fiddling of the target speed. The only negative I have is that it requires changing to the left lane far sooner than I usually do. To be fair, the majority of my miles are on rural roads. I use cruise control only on limited access roads.

If I was ordering, I would add it.
Old 01-29-2016, 04:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

I love my adaptive cruise control. I never much used regular cruise control, because of the constant need to fiddle with the speed. ACC is great on road trips and in traffic. My RS5 has an older system that doesn't have Stop & Go. That's the one thing I wish it had. The A7 gets Stop & Go.

It's already been mentioned, but the Brake Guard (Forward collision and avoidance system) is a nice added bonus of ACC. If a car suddenly stops in front of you it alerts you and even initiates emergency braking. One day that could be the difference between stopping in time or rear ending the car in front. It has already reduced my reaction time on numerous occasions.
Old 01-30-2016, 12:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by NeuroNerd
Considering buying a 2013 A7 but getting conflicting opinions about adapative cruise control.

Spoke to a few people who believe it is not worth the added price. Does anyone have any opinions? I tried searching but could not get a clear answer.

Thanks. Hope to a proud Audi owner in the near future.
ACC is the second best option on my A7 (heated steering wheel is first). Night vision on the other hand is totally useless.
Old 01-30-2016, 04:56 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks for the opinions. Looks like its pretty unanimous that its worth it. That helps me make the decision. Now just need to find a great deal.
Old 01-30-2016, 09:17 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by fkaufman
ACC is the second best option on my A7 (heated steering wheel is first). Night vision on the other hand is totally useless.
I do stop/go traffic every morning in the DC Area. Aside from the heated seats/steering wheel, the next best feature is the ACC. The ability to set a speed and have my car deal with the traffic is amazing. Only complaint is that it seems like the distance setting isn't persistent across driving sessions.
Old 01-30-2016, 02:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 92 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by psusra112
I do stop/go traffic every morning in the DC Area. Aside from the heated seats/steering wheel, the next best feature is the ACC. The ability to set a speed and have my car deal with the traffic is amazing. Only complaint is that it seems like the distance setting isn't persistent across driving sessions.
The ACC distance will vary automatically depending on speed as well as the driver's interval setting. It will add to the distance as speed increases and vice versa. This is done on top of the ACC interval selection set by the driver.
Old 02-03-2016, 06:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

ACC is awesome. Get it. In fact, it's now becoming standard on many cheap cars. Audi's implementation works quite well, except you do have to tell it to go again, unlike many brands

Quick Reply: Divers Assistance Package