A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

"Do not exceed 4000 rpm" EPC light 2012 A7

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 08:17 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Do not exceed 4000 rpm" EPC light 2012 A7

Hi all, just got my first Audi a week ago, it is a 2012 A7 w/Prestige, Innovation, B&O, 30k miles, certified pre owned.

Within a few days, I started getting a warning with the EPC light: "Do not exceed 4000 RPM". It clears when I turn the car on and off. It happens occasionally when I give it some gas, usually on the highway.

I took it to the dealer while the code was active and displaying. They said it was the "oil pressure top switch." The part was replaced and I got the car back and a day later the same light went off.

The paperwork they gave me says "scanned using gff, found elec failure in reduced oil pressure switch. per gff, replaced switch. please note removal of compressor is required to replace switch. submitted feedback form in elsa"

I'm a bit annoyed at having this issue since I just got the car... Anyone know anything about this problem?
Old 07-06-2013, 04:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by fusQer
Hi all, just got my first Audi a week ago, it is a 2012 A7 w/Prestige, Innovation, B&O, 30k miles, certified pre owned.

Within a few days, I started getting a warning with the EPC light: "Do not exceed 4000 RPM". It clears when I turn the car on and off. It happens occasionally when I give it some gas, usually on the highway.

I took it to the dealer while the code was active and displaying. They said it was the "oil pressure top switch." The part was replaced and I got the car back and a day later the same light went off.

The paperwork they gave me says "scanned using gff, found elec failure in reduced oil pressure switch. per gff, replaced switch. please note removal of compressor is required to replace switch. submitted feedback form in elsa"

I'm a bit annoyed at having this issue since I just got the car... Anyone know anything about this problem?

I had the same problem....., and the switch was replaced. It went away as a result. Go back and tell them that this happened again. It worked for me.
Good Luck!
Old 08-19-2013, 04:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by fusQer

Man this just happened to me with my 2013 S6...Barely have 500 miles on it and have not been doing any aggressive driving. Mostly been toying around dynamic and sport modes then this notice came on. When I parked and restarted the car it shut off and will have to see if it does it again.

Should I contact the dealer? Or you think this is a one time glitch?
Old 01-22-2015, 02:00 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I just got this message too... Did the issue go away or did you have to take it to an Audi garage?
Old 01-22-2015, 03:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by KingDi
I just got this message too... Did the issue go away or did you have to take it to an Audi garage?
Whenever you get an error message (ANY error message), always take the car to the dealer and report it, even if it only happens once and then goes away.

It may be an early indication of a problem that shows up later.

Also, if the same issue reoccurs, the dealer will make a much better effort to correct it since it is not the first time it has been reported.

It will work in your favor if the issues are documented at the dealership.
Old 05-06-2015, 08:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

I got this warning on my 2014 S6 about 2 weeks ago. They adjusted the cam timing and gave it back but no good. Now they are replacing the cam and timing chain. I think they are lost and it's a sensor issue. It has been at the dealer for almost 2 weeks. I'm really tired of this car after dealing with the LAG issue that Audi won't acknowledge or fix and not it sits in the shop while they read error codes and scratch their heads. Not very happy with Audi in general at the moment.
Old 01-30-2017, 05:30 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixed epc code "do not exceed 4000 rpm"

I'm posting what I did to fix my "epc" issue. I changed out 2 sensors

Part # 06E-919-081-G $13
Part# 038-919-081-P $28

Both parts purchased from Audi.
I had my mechanic swap the switches out " not audi shop". The labor came to $250.

Haven't seen the epc code since and now I can enjoy driving my car like it should be driven.
Hope this helps

2 pin

2 pin

single pin

single pin
The following users liked this post:
Skylion (12-17-2019)
Old 01-23-2019, 07:50 AM
Lug
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default rpm 4000

Happens to me all the time!!! grrrr in traffic at the same spot in my commute. Took it to the dealers and they are clueless. RS3 is fun but WTF man grrrrrrr
Old 05-27-2019, 02:40 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Was your issue fixed?
Old 05-27-2019, 03:42 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Have you had any problems since the fix?

Quick Reply: "Do not exceed 4000 rpm" EPC light 2012 A7