A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

do not let your warranty expire before reading this...

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 01:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by feralc
Another thing
Check your illuminated door sills
They tend to go out
I had two of the illuminated door sills changed
Replaced outside mirror due to torn rubber gasket
Reprogrammed MMI to correct jerky display movement

Last edited by fkaufman; 01-22-2015 at 01:58 AM.
Old 01-22-2015, 12:39 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had my MMI "updated" to K0715-2 today. Is that the latest version?

Anybody had luck getting windshield wiper blades replaced? I fought with the guy today b/c my 2012 scheduled maintenance says to replace if needed and he was trying to charge me for them. My maintenance guide that came with the car said the same thing but he kept saying it was a "gray" area. (Chicago, Fletcher Jones, terrible place but 4 blocks down the street).
Old 01-22-2015, 08:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by samsoccer7
Had my MMI "updated" to K0715-2 today. Is that the latest version?

Anybody had luck getting windshield wiper blades replaced? I fought with the guy today b/c my 2012 scheduled maintenance says to replace if needed and he was trying to charge me for them. My maintenance guide that came with the car said the same thing but he kept saying it was a "gray" area. (Chicago, Fletcher Jones, terrible place but 4 blocks down the street).
I had blades replaced under warranty within the first year
Old 01-27-2015, 11:09 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

My dealer agreed to change the MMI screen motor, they told me they need to connect the Audi computer and so I told them to wait until my warranty is almost over (my car is tuned)
Just called and scheduled maintenance. I explained the jerky MMI screen and they said they would correct it. They also pulled my VIN and said that there was a service notification to replace a transmission module and an AC module. They replaced the AC module a few months ago when it refused to cool air (in SW FLA), the transmission one is new and may explain rough gear changes when accelerating quickly.

Lastly, my Windshield washer fluid jets have been overshooting the windshield, even at high speed, which makes it impossible to wash. Going on for about 7 months and gradually getting worse. They are going to fix those.
Old 01-27-2015, 12:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2012 A7 Engine Startup Issues

Don't know if this has any relevance to the thread, but see attached Service Reports on my recent visits to the dealer before X'mas and over the New Year holidays.

Has anyone experienced a similar occurrence on their 3.0T?
Attached Files

Last edited by ben_aip; 01-27-2015 at 03:12 PM.
Old 01-28-2015, 05:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ben_aip
Don't know if this has any relevance to the thread, but see attached Service Reports on my recent visits to the dealer before X'mas and over the New Year holidays.

Has anyone experienced a similar occurrence on their 3.0T?
I have not. Is the issue anyway related to colder weather?
Old 01-28-2015, 10:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NaplesQ7
I have not. Is the issue anyway related to colder weather?
Not at all. Why should cold temp have anything to do with engine starts? Besides, on the west coast, the coldest that we've been this winter is -3 deg Celsius. Which is 'balmy' compared to what the eastern states and provinces has been experiencing.
Old 01-28-2015, 12:12 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not at all. Why should cold temp have anything to do with engine starts? Besides, on the west coast, the coldest that we've been this winter is -3 deg Celsius. Which is 'balmy' compared to what the eastern states and provinces has been experiencing.
I have experienced tons of gremlins in my wife's Cayenne when we go to the mountains and it is not that cold either, maybe -6 Celsius, electronics hate "cold", and the batteries can be affected too (hence starting issues)
Old 01-28-2015, 05:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

I have experienced tons of gremlins in my wife's Cayenne when we go to the mountains and it is not that cold either, maybe -6 Celsius, electronics hate "cold", and the batteries can be affected too (hence starting issues)
Thought I'd post this on here because you guys might be interested in a TSB that I've circled in one of my attachments, to have done before your warranty expires. Oh well....again, it's not a temperature related issue - it threw some fail codes too, and several components and wires were replaced under warranty.
Old 01-28-2015, 06:13 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thought I'd post this on here because you guys might be interested in a TSB that I've circled in one of my attachments, to have done before your warranty expires. Oh well....again, it's not a temperature related issue - it threw some fail codes too, and several components and wires were replaced under warranty.
I am sorry, I never meant to imply your information wasn't helpful, I am just sharing with you what cold could do to electronics.
Sorry if my reply sounded that way.

Quick Reply: do not let your warranty expire before reading this...