A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

do not let your warranty expire before reading this...

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2015, 05:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MY RECENT 45K Service

Just took my car in for my 45K
Here's was my list of fixes:
MMI Shake, (Ordered a new screen, which comes with a software update (TSB)
My ASHTRAY lid mechanism broke, so they are ordering a new one (was retracting automatically)
RUBBER GASKETS, on the mirrors (TSB)
SIDE ASSIST MALFUNCTION, a short in my passenger side rearview mirror was causing malfunction (TSB)
INTERMITTENT SPEAKER POP (TSB)
TRANS (W-TCM UPDATE)

I also have hoping when I back out of my driveway (I have a slight decline to the road) asked them to check the strut towers (they couldn't reproduce, and its a lot of work to access to tighten apparently...Im going to have them fix this hoping one way or another)

Just thought ID Share. Happy driving.
Old 03-12-2015, 07:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by MacA7
Just took my car in for my 45K
Here's was my list of fixes:
MMI Shake, (Ordered a new screen, which comes with a software update (TSB)
My ASHTRAY lid mechanism broke, so they are ordering a new one (was retracting automatically)
RUBBER GASKETS, on the mirrors (TSB)
SIDE ASSIST MALFUNCTION, a short in my passenger side rearview mirror was causing malfunction (TSB)
INTERMITTENT SPEAKER POP (TSB)
TRANS (W-TCM UPDATE)

I also have hoping when I back out of my driveway (I have a slight decline to the road) asked them to check the strut towers (they couldn't reproduce, and its a lot of work to access to tighten apparently...Im going to have them fix this hoping one way or another)

Just thought ID Share. Happy driving.
For the side assist malfunction, did you actually get an error message? Mine would come on sporadically whenever it rains.
Old 03-13-2015, 06:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aquarian
For the side assist malfunction, did you actually get an error message? Mine would come on sporadically whenever it rains.
I did not, or at least I do not recall. I remember a beep and then it would disengage.
They said the short was causing it, so maybe we are talking about 2 different things?
Old 03-15-2015, 11:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

After a couple of months of the tranny update it seems as if mine has become progressively worse, especially when accelerating quickly from a stop. There's pretty bad jerkiness and confusion in the lower gears when this happens.

This happening to anyone else who had the update applied?
Old 03-15-2015, 01:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by MacA7
I did not, or at least I do not recall. I remember a beep and then it would disengage.
They said the short was causing it, so maybe we are talking about 2 different things?
I don't get beeps. The side mirror blind sport orange light would come on for no reason when it rains. I believe the sensors are sensing rain. No error messages from the dash.
Old 03-18-2015, 05:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Just had 25k service done yesterday. Everything checked out fine, but did not come up for the fuel line recall.

However one note to add: Had some rattling in the passenger side door panel just below the arm rest. It is a known issue with a TSB attached to it and they resolved by placing felt belt in all the door panels. Rattling now gone.
Old 03-18-2015, 07:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Dropped off my car for the steering wheel grinding noise and the dealer replaced the whole steering column. The noise would be heard if I turn the steering wheel at about 90-180 degrees and back and forth. After the steering column was replaced, the noise would not be heard at 90-180 degrees, but at almost full lock to the left. May need to bring it back to the dealer and see what happens.