A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Excited for cross-country trip to get '14 A7 TDI and my introduction

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2017, 11:03 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by meijerbrantm
I've done a few cross country trips, they were mostly in my old MK6 Jetta Wagon TDI. From Lansing, MI to Seattle, down to LA and then back home. Then soon after that down to Orlando.

I've also done the Orlando trip in my A7 and one to Austin as well. Makes a boat load of difference between those two vehicles. I believe I averaged about 42MPG on my Texas trip. I love my A7 TDI, but if they offered me a buyback, I'm not sure I'd complain about that.
That's great! Any idea what you averaged in the Jetta TDI on those trips?

Your A7 MPG makes me hopeful that I can indeed hit 750 miles on a tank

Yes, I also love our TDIs, but I know I will not own them forever, so if VW makes us a buyback offer, we will mostly likely accept it on all 3 vehicles after driving them an additional 30k miles and 2 years for free. I do hope they come up with a (untimely) fix though so that people have the *option* of what to do. Who knows, I might even buy another if I can get a good one CPO'd.

Here's a map I made of the drives to get cars

Last edited by Mark P; 03-18-2017 at 11:11 AM.
Old 03-18-2017, 11:08 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Originally Posted by estallido
Wow! What a fabulous read with my coffee this morning. I'm sure I'm not alone with others here that will live vicariously through you as you complete your road trip! Hopefully, you can update as you go?

Like you, I'm hunting down an SQ5, also very particular about options, condition etc. Unlike you, I'm not able to go cross country to get it with family, job and life commitments here in VA!

Thanks for taking the time to share with us and best of luck. Looking forward to the updates

Cheers
Thanks! And good luck with your search!

I do plan to update as I go. I've begun updating my Mileage/Fuel template for the additional vehicle so I can update those graphs each night after I fill up.
Old 02-15-2018, 08:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So you're the guy who bought that A7 TDi out from under me. I was looking at that car and sent the dealership in Monterey an email. He called me on the next Monday morning to inform me some guy from North Carolina!

Last edited by uberwgn; 02-15-2018 at 10:40 AM.
Old 02-15-2018, 10:34 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Originally Posted by orangeokie
So you're the guy who bought that A7 TDi out from under me. I was looking at that car and sent the dealership in Monterey an email. He called me on the next Monday morning to inform me some guy from North Carolina bought it!
Ha, yes and no. I tried to, but after all of my plans, when it was the night before my early morning flight, they called and said there was "a little issue". That turned out to be pretty major, as they couldn't sell me the car. Turns out it was a lease turn in, and with those, Audi Financial Services is in possession of the title and would not / was not allowed to sell it (before a fix). I ended up getting a better one from New Hampshire 4 months later. And actually got an S5 on the same day! - long story