A7 Discussion forum for the Audi A7

Dumbass discovers Sport mode 2 months into ownership

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 06:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dumbass discovers Sport mode 2 months into ownership

Yes.. title says it all.. I officially say "DUH". I just discovered the "S" mode 2 days ago after having the car for 2 months already. Boy, what a performance difference from regular "D" in auto. I always used the paddle shifters for quick upshift from D, but this is great.

Incase you are wondering, I always thought the "D/S" gearshift was to move it into manual sport to the right, not down further still in auto.
Old 06-23-2012, 08:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol - Catch up, mustard...
Old 06-27-2012, 08:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I'm afraid you're not alone, a friend was driving my car and said "cool sport mode" I said... what? I thought it was for the manual mode too...
Old 06-27-2012, 10:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Did you guys know thatour cars have 2 manual modes(those with paddles on the wheel).

Aside shifting from the paddles or the gear lever, you can always choose to downshift or upshift(paddles) while in Drive and the car will switch to a "limited" and temporary manual mode in which the car will shift for you if you delay it and it will switch back to Drive after 30 seconds of not touching the paddles.

ALso, from D/S, you can push the lever to the right and the car will switch to full manual mode. It will stay in this mode until you act upon it and it will only switch for you if you over or under rev the engine.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Adi Mitrache
Did you guys know thatour cars have 2 manual modes(those with paddles on the wheel).

Aside shifting from the paddles or the gear lever, you can always choose to downshift or upshift(paddles) while in Drive and the car will switch to a "limited" and temporary manual mode in which the car will shift for you if you delay it and it will switch back to Drive after 30 seconds of not touching the paddles.

ALso, from D/S, you can push the lever to the right and the car will switch to full manual mode. It will stay in this mode until you act upon it and it will only switch for you if you over or under rev the engine.
we are aware of this feature
Old 06-29-2012, 10:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Adi Mitrache

Thanks. Didnt know that. Just tried it on my wife's TT.

D.A.II